British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Plymouth Championship 06/08/2022

Guess 2 meetings in 2 days too much for MPT shoulder. I'm assuming he not going to be at Poole on Weds. 

All I can say to this one is ouch as for mpt I’d rather he didn’t race at Poole on Wednesday in a meeting which means nothing for us as we are out and he rests up for Redcar the following week.

Jordan Jenkins was a revelation & would scored more if he hadn't been knocked off(by his own Redcar teammate).

• Like 1

Well wasn't expecting that score as good as Berwick were, their opponents were woeful,what a night for Leon and Bomber and brilliant guest Jordan, Bombers double pass to get from third to first on the third and fourth bends was sublime.Would like to see the Courtneys get Oxford into the top league next year and have Bomber in both teams also keeping Leon at Berwick possibly with Jonas and his brother (Visas allowing for the whole season) and the rest of the team made up of up and coming riders like Jordan Jenkins who bust a gut last night instead of more experienced riders who don't give 100% every race.

• Like 1

Hope Berwick are going to put the video of heat 13 up.

• Like 1

Our opponents were disappointing but let's not disparage them. That was a team that achieved a point at Armadale only 24 hours previous .. granted they had Leon guesting at number 1 scoring big points :wink:

Bomber and Leon were simply sublime.. 2 of the easiest maximums you will ever see at Berwick.. and that was including Bombers phenomenal heat 13. In the form they are, especially if Leon is able to ride in the pairs, you've surely got to look at them as dark horses! 

Paid 9 from Theo and paid 17 from our guest superb guest in Jordan Jenkins is the sort of back up that wins you meeting in these fashions! 

Nathan looked like he could've been in for a good night... The ground he'd made up before clipping Harry McGurks back wheel showed he clearly had the speed .. just glad to see him get up from what was an alarming spill! Thank the lord he managed to get himself off the bike! 

A good win on the night for both Berwick teams sent the fans home happy! :approve:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gringo said:

Jordan Jenkins was a revelation & would scored more if he hadn't been knocked off(by his own Redcar teammate).

The throttle works both ways and the ref also had a different opinion to you as Jenkins got excluded.

1 hour ago, soupy said:

The throttle works both ways and the ref also had a different opinion to you as Jenkins got excluded.

That's the same ref who excluded Leon in heat 13 at Poole... A decision even the Poole manager disagreed with! I think a few disagreed with that decision but like you say, he's got the ultimate call!.

10 hours ago, Gringo said:

Jenkins wasn't taken off, he tried to go round Kasper, got in the deep stuff and slid off.

He also got away with one when he took off Ben Morley in heat 8.

Both meetings reminded me of the National League in the 70/80's when Southern teams would come up and at the end of a tour be stuck with injuries and get hammered. Same when Berwick used to go to the likes of Eastbourne and Mildenhall and regularly get 60 put on them even in 13 heats.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gringo said:

I thought the referee got that call right, IMO Jenkins tried an outside pass and ran out of room.

• Like 2

Delighted to finally be able to look back on a home win, and this one was as easy as it gets with the away team hardly laying a glove on the home side.

Berwick were excellent with Harris and Flint going unbeaten by an opponent, delighted for Leon Flint in particular who enjoyed his first maximum  at Championship level mounted on a brand new engine, I think I am right in saying this is Leon`s first brand new engine ordered straight from the factory.

Best wishes to Nathan Stoneman on a speedy recovery.

I believe that Nathan Stoneman suffered a broken shoulder blade in his Ht2 crash last night.