British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Plymouth Championship Friday 5th August

From Monarchs website:

Friday 5th August: Edinburgh Monarchs v Plymouth Gladiators (Championship), Armadale, 7:30pm

WTF MONARCHS: Richard Lawson (Guest), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering, James Sarjeant, Jacob Hook.

WESTCOLOUR GLADIATORS: Leon Flint (Guest), rider replacement for Alfie Bowtell, Ben Barker, Michael Palm Toft, Hans Andersen, Ben Morley, Harry McGurk.

Richard Lawson guests for Sam. Leon Flint for Kennett, Hans Anderson back but I believe Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker have still to be confirmed.

3 points a must for Monarchs in their quest for a play-off place. If they ride with the same determination and desire as last Friday, it should be no problem.

Lawson is a bit of a surprise? Only got 5 points when Poole were there. Whereas King got 10 and Steve Worrall got 11. So if using a Poole HL not sure they have picked the right one! 

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lawson is a bit of a surprise? Only got 5 points when Poole were there. Whereas King got 10 and Steve Worrall got 11. So if using a Poole HL not sure they have picked the right one! 

Danny is guesting at Redcar!

Edited by Skidder1

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Visiting riders at nos. 1 and 5 tend to score seemingly poorly at Armadale because they meet Masters and Pickering so often. It's different when they are on the Edinburgh side. That maybe suggests that Steve Worrall was the right man but I know that Edinburgh have appreciated Richard Lawson's efforts when he has guested this season. 

It's going to be a tough match anyway.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Visiting riders at nos. 1 and 5 tend to score seemingly poorly at Armadale because they meet Masters and Pickering so often. It's different when they are on the Edinburgh side. That maybe suggests that Steve Worrall was the right man but I know that Edinburgh have appreciated Richard Lawson's efforts when he has guested this season. 

It's going to be a tough match anyway.

We appreciated his efforts last Sunday.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We appreciated his efforts last Sunday.

I have no doubt of that.

• Like 1

Imagine using Lawson after he reneged on riding for you on Sunday :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, eide67 said:

From Monarchs website:

Friday 5th August: Edinburgh Monarchs v Plymouth Gladiators (Championship), Armadale, 7:30pm

WTF MONARCHS: Richard Lawson (Guest), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering, James Sarjeant, Jacob Hook.

WESTCOLOUR GLADIATORS: Leon Flint (Guest), rider replacement for Alfie Bowtell, Ben Barker, Michael Palm Toft, Hans Andersen, Ben Morley, Harry McGurk.

Richard Lawson guests for Sam. Leon Flint for Kennett, Hans Anderson back but I believe Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker have still to be confirmed.

3 points a must for Monarchs in their quest for a play-off place. If they ride with the same determination and desire as last Friday, it should be no problem.

Is Barker riding still in doubt for Saturday at Berwick 

3 points is all that matters tomorrow. Need the home form to continue. Even even Lawson chips in with 8/9 should still see us over the line.

29 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Is Barker riding still in doubt for Saturday at Berwick 

Yes. From Bandits website: "The former Berwick number one is currently suspended pending the testing of a second sample. He is named in Saturday’s provisional side but his appearance on Saturday would need to be cleared by the Speedway Control Bureau."

It does show Michael Palm Toft in the side, so hopefully that means he will be at both Armadale and Shielfield.

10 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Yes. From Bandits website: "The former Berwick number one is currently suspended pending the testing of a second sample. He is named in Saturday’s provisional side but his appearance on Saturday would need to be cleared by the Speedway Control Bureau."

It does show Michael Palm Toft in the side, so hopefully that means he will be at both Armadale and Shielfield.

Hopefully mpt will be at shielfield,as Lawson has a habit of putting him through through the fence!!

Maybe that’s the last bit of motivation palm toft May need to be there,I’m pretty sure he’s looking forward to seeing mr Lawson.

Poor guest choice at number 1 given Flint doesn't appear to have ever gone very well at Armadale, get the impression we aren't bothered by this fixture even though it's likely that this will be a rehearsal of the playoffs as I fancy the two teams will finish 4th and 5th.

Edited by torpointfanatic22

1 hour ago, paulboy said:

Can I pay on the gate?

You can yes via cash or card

• Thanks 1