British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Plymouth Championship Friday 5th August

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Poor guest choice at number 1 given Flint doesn't appear to have ever gone very well at Armadale, get the impression we aren't bothered by this fixture even though it's likely that this will be a rehearsal of the playoffs as I fancy the two teams will finish 4th and 5th.

Hes not rode to bad at Armadale this year

• Like 2

22 hours ago, eide67 said:

From Monarchs website:

Friday 5th August: Edinburgh Monarchs v Plymouth Gladiators (Championship), Armadale, 7:30pm

WTF MONARCHS: Richard Lawson (Guest), Lasse Fredriksen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna, Josh Pickering, James Sarjeant, Jacob Hook.

WESTCOLOUR GLADIATORS: Leon Flint (Guest), rider replacement for Alfie Bowtell, Ben Barker, Michael Palm Toft, Hans Andersen, Ben Morley, Harry McGurk.

Richard Lawson guests for Sam. Leon Flint for Kennett, Hans Anderson back but I believe Michael Palm Toft and Ben Barker have still to be confirmed.

3 points a must for Monarchs in their quest for a play-off place. If they ride with the same determination and desire as last Friday, it should be no problem.

Confirmed on Edinburgh FB that Barker, Palm Toft & Andersen all scheduled to ride tonight.

Glad that Barker has been exonerated of any drug/alcohol misuse, and the internet vultures on this forum can now remain silent.

Edinburgh FB have now amended Plymouth FB lineup to Tom Woolley @ 2 & r/r for Barker @ 3.

Assume Barker still in limbo re result of lab tests? 

Edited by cyclone
Late change to Plymouth line published
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Poor guest choice at number 1 given Flint doesn't appear to have ever gone very well at Armadale, get the impression we aren't bothered by this fixture even though it's likely that this will be a rehearsal of the playoffs as I fancy the two teams will finish 4th and 5th.

Josh Pickering wants Poole in the playoffs so he'll be wanting Poole to finish 4th? Unless Edinburgh plan on finishing 6th? How many meetings do Plymouth have left? 

41 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Confirmed on Edinburgh FB that Barker, Palm Toft & Andersen all scheduled to ride tonight.

Glad that Barker has been exonerated of any drug/alcohol misuse, and the internet vultures on this forum can now remain silent.

Barker isn’t riding now, apparently it’s Tom wolley for bowtell and r/r for barker.

21 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Barker isn’t riding now, apparently it’s Tom wolley for bowtell and r/r for barker.

That means a cosy night for you Monarchs then! 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Flint rides Armadale as well as 90% of away riders IMO.Perhaps if you had signed a replacement No1 you would have nothing to moan about.It’s not although Kennett was ever coming back .IMO.You have done well out of his guesting slots over the season.

Based on his scores this season (and last) I'd argue that's not the case at all.

Did I say anything about our previous guests? I simply said Flint will be a poor guest at number 1, take your Berwick hat off and see it for what it is, a rider nearly two points below the average we have to play with who has never scored well at Armadale at this level is a poor choice of guest. 

Suggest you do some research and have your facts straight. We agreed to sign a replacement a while back but it was blocked...We've played within the rules, crap rules, I'll give you that.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Based on his scores this season (and last) I'd argue that's not the case at all.

Did I say anything about our previous guests? I simply said Flint will be a poor guest at number 1, take your Berwick hat off and see it for what it is, a rider nearly two points below the average we have to play with who has never scored well at Armadale at this level is a poor choice of guest. 

Suggest you do some research and have your facts straight. We agreed to sign a replacement a while back but it was blocked...We've played within the rules, crap rules, I'll give you that.

You’re lucky yous haven’t been forced to run NL riders for him as that’s what you deserve IMO as every man and their dog know he’s not injured and this was the plan all along.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Plymouth Gladiators = 42

1. Jason Crump 3, 2, 2, R, 0 = 7
2. Dillon Ruml 2', 0, 3, 1' = 6+2
3. Zach Cook 1, 0, 1' = 2+1
4. Zane Keleher 0, 2, Fx, 2, 1 = 5
5. Bjarne Pedersen 3, 3, 2 = 8
6. Leon Flint (G) 3, 2', 1, 3, 2, 2, F = 13+1
7. Jason Edwards 1, 0, Fx = 1

Flinty helped you get a point last season

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You’re lucky yous haven’t been forced to run NL riders for him as that’s what you deserve IMO as every man and their dog know he’s not injured and this was the plan all along.

Neither me nor Fang know that he's not injured 

46 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Scored 7 from 4 at number 1 for Oxford, I’d argue that not many riders who are available have done better than that… You’ve got Oxford, Leicester, Berwick and Poole not riding, Leicester’s top 3 are too high, as is Nicholls, Bomber and S Worrall. Lawson guesting for Edinburgh, Wells and Starke guesting at Glasgow and King at Scunny. That leaves Batchelor who never really guests for anyone and wouldn’t want to go to Armadale, or Summers. Enlighten me on the riders you would of chosen…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

There more the one rider out there if you were really desperate to sign a replacement

Do you really think Kennett was interested in doing a season,just asking as there were a lot of rumours circulating at the the time and circumstances regarding his work situation.

35 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Scored 7 from 4 at number 1 for Oxford, I’d argue that not many riders who are available have done better than that… You’ve got Oxford, Leicester, Berwick and Poole not riding, Leicester’s top 3 are too high, as is Nicholls, Bomber and S Worrall. Lawson guesting for Edinburgh, Wells and Starke guesting at Glasgow and King at Scunny. That leaves Batchelor who never really guests for anyone and wouldn’t want to go to Armadale, or Summers. Enlighten me on the riders you would of chosen…

Scrub out Summers also as he guested for Glasgow last Friday.

Pretty sure BSPL and SCB require proof of long term injury for any insurance or BenFund claims. 

They don't just rubber stamp continuing facilities. 

Most notable thing with Kennett is he hasn't ridden on Grass or Longvtrack all year, even to "try fitness". 

Best ignore gobrubbishes like motormouth from Poole spreading rumours.