British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Plymouth Championship Friday 5th August

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He did OK.

Indeed he did, when I'm wrong I say I'm wrong.

Fair play to Leon, I think he's a good rider with a very good future in the sport, however I didn't fancy him last night based on his previous, delighted for him and for the team. Never expected us to get a point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonnybegood said:

I do not think torpointfanatic22 is a Plymouth fan . All his posts knock Plymouth, apparently doesn’t even live in the south west or attend the racetrack . Just another know all keyboard warrior or princess .

So I guess that means all Liverpool and Man Utd fans living in London despite them growing up in the north and can't get to games anymore means they don't support their teams, cracking argument that!

45 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

So I guess that means all Liverpool and Man Utd fans living in London despite them growing up in the north and can't get to games anymore means they don't support their teams, cracking argument that!

Haven’t actually seen a post where you are “supporting “ . Just knocking .

Interesting meeting. With the top 2 not quite scoring at their usual rate (hats off to Richard Lawson for a decent effort though), Monarchs were never comfortable and it took yet another heat 15 5-1 to seal the 3 points.

There were some vital contributions from the supporting cast, including heat wins for both Police Sarjeant and Dr Hook. We were even treated to a victory lap from young Lasse after finishing third in heat 10. Never seen that before.

The glue that is Kye Thomson turned in probably his most dominant display to date, showing a new found aggressive side and some excellent passing. Perhaps he should lose a chain in his first race every week!

For the Gladiators, after two races, it looked like they might need to call upon old friends Hunter and Jet. However, they already had the Wolf man at number one and his part in the heat 3 5-1, alongside the brutally inconsistent MPT, turned the meeting on its head.

Of the rest, Ben Barker/r posted his best sunny Armadale score since, er, no idea. HNA really is a classy performer but he doesn't half give up easily. And Ben Morley did what Ben Morley does. Paid 9 was good reward for his evening's work.

Unlike last week, there was no controversy. Not that there was ever any chance of that with the best referee in the sport in charge. Thank you again for 2014 sir :)

Roll on a week on Friday...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Sam plans to be back next month. He’s had his shoulder plated.

Is it worth it? Not sure it is. 

6 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

I would like to thank the Edinburgh fans who applauded us ( the Plymouth fans ) as we left the stadium , it was a great jesture and really made our day.

It really was a pleasure having so many Plymouth fans around last night enjoying their speedway and still smiling at the end. Enjoy your night at Berwick and safe journey home

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, King Jamie said:

Interesting meeting. With the top 2 not quite scoring at their usual rate (hats off to Richard Lawson for a decent effort though), Monarchs were never comfortable and it took yet another heat 15 5-1 to seal the 3 points.

There were some vital contributions from the supporting cast, including heat wins for both Police Sarjeant and Dr Hook. We were even treated to a victory lap from young Lasse after finishing third in heat 10. Never seen that before.

The glue that is Kye Thomson turned in probably his most dominant display to date, showing a new found aggressive side and some excellent passing. Perhaps he should lose a chain in his first race every week!

For the Gladiators, after two races, it looked like they might need to call upon old friends Hunter and Jet. However, they already had the Wolf man at number one and his part in the heat 3 5-1, alongside the brutally inconsistent MPT, turned the meeting on its head.

Of the rest, Ben Barker/r posted his best sunny Armadale score since, er, no idea. HNA really is a classy performer but he doesn't half give up easily. And Ben Morley did what Ben Morley does. Paid 9 was good reward for his evening's work.

Unlike last week, there was no controversy. Not that there was ever any chance of that with the best referee in the sport in charge. Thank you again for 2014 sir :)

Roll on a week on Friday...

No controversy? Heat 11!

8 minutes ago, paulboy said:

No controversy? Heat 11!

You in turn are forgetting heats 8 and 9. Heat 11, yes also.

5 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

You in turn are forgetting heats 8 and 9. Heat 11, yes also.

So not no controversy lol

• Like 1