British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Birmingham CL 5/8/22@19.30

Birmingham are so short on riders their promotion offered my 87-year-old grandmother a guest spot. She refused as she's guesting for Plymouth instead.

• Haha 3

Glasgow Tigers vs Rest of the League. 

Easy win for the home team IMHO.

3 hours ago, Hackett said:

Would be a major surprise if they are running in 2023. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't they say yesterday they are planning to run?!

Interesting use of the word "run".  According to the Brummies web site "BIRMINGHAM have declared their intention to compete in the 2023 Championship campaign"...now whether that's going to be competing at a crawling, or walking or running pace, remains to be seen. 

Glasgow leading comfortably despite a number of bike problems... And the wonder wheel tractor has broken down. Good action on track though.

Heat 9 , just wow 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Heat 9 , just wow 

I'd be delighted if he was our #1 at the start of next year. The guy's fearless and he's got that little bit of magic you just can't teach.

• Like 1

I'd happily pay double admission money just to watch Ben Basso ride a speedway bike round that track . The lad is amazing 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I'd happily pay double admission money just to watch Ben Basso ride a speedway bike round that track . The lad is amazing 

Just hope we can keep him for another season. He's going to be a superstar 

• Like 1

Heat 9 was fantastic. Heat 12 was interesting because when Basso swapped to the inside, everyone followed him.

Heat 15, he just refused to be beaten. That gap was tiny. I was on the entrance to turn three as usual and honestly, I can't find the words to describe up how good that was. 

• Like 1

A really decent meeting you would never work out from the scoreline. Basso was just superb but where was tonights Sedgmen last season. Fast, aggressive, making passes and riding intelligently to run wide in 15 to block Basso. We waited patiently all season for that to show up and got let down.

• Like 2

Sedgmen deserved at least one heat win. He was very good. In fact, all the Brummies were good outside of reserve. Cool and Wells were both decent value, but Sedgmen was unlucky to get done on the last turn twice by Basso. He didn’t really do much wrong. Basso was just out of this world. In heat 15 I think he just decided it was win it or bin it over the fence.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MD said:

A really decent meeting you would never work out from the scoreline. Basso was just superb but where was tonights Sedgmen last season. Fast, aggressive, making passes and riding intelligently to run wide in 15 to block Basso. We waited patiently all season for that to show up and got let down.

Did sedgeman gate in front? 90% of his wins are from the gate at PB. If he doesn’t gate he’ll follow the reserve that outgated him. Frustrating to watch and exciting to watch sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Sedgmen deserved at least one heat win. He was very good. In fact, all the Brummies were good outside of reserve. Cool and Wells were both decent value, but Sedgmen was unlucky to get done on the last turn twice by Basso. He didn’t really do much wrong. Basso was just out of this world. In heat 15 I think he just decided it was win it or bin it over the fence.

Had a point to prove, extra motivation. Same as when he nearly got a Max the night he got dropped

Ben Basso just wow.

• Like 1