British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Birmingham CL 5/8/22@19.30

Racing was as Kelvin would say out of the top drawer, Birmingham put up a good fight, great to see Connor getting in the points and Ben Basso, what a racer, he has sussed the ashfield track well and defo worth the admission money and more, sincerely hope we can keep him next year, the guy is phenomenal and so exciting to watch.

• Like 6

Ben Basso is an absolute animal on a speedway bike. I would be extremely disappointed if we do not get at least one more season of watching that every week. Truly mouthwatering stuff.

Not sure what changed with JS tonight but he deserves a mention. If he continues to race like that I look forward to seeing him at Ashfield more often. 

14 hours ago, Hackett said:

Brummies - "More guests than a Premier Inn"

Would be a major surprise if they are running in 2023. 

Already announced as starters for 2023 ... as for guests what else can be done with 4 injured and 1 banned ??

• Like 1

The only downside to last night was Chris Holder being announced as the replacement for Vaclav Milik in the GP Qualifier in a couple of weeks. #FFS

2 hours ago, MD said:

The only downside to last night was Chris Holder being announced as the replacement for Vaclav Milik in the GP Qualifier in a couple of weeks. #FFS

It is Vaculik who is out not Milik

• Like 1

A great meeting. The racing was a lot better than the score suggest.  Well done to all involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MD said:

Aye it's brutal having a world champion in the meeting...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Aye it's brutal having a world champion in the meeting...

:D Not sure what their problem with Chris Holder is?! Good to see him riding in UK again even if only for a couple of meetings. Hopefully he'll be riding more regularly over here next season. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:D Not sure what their problem with Chris Holder is?! Good to see him riding in UK again even if only for a couple of meetings. Hopefully he'll be riding more regularly over here next season. 

Yup. Been one of my favourite riders of last 15 years. I'd imagine it might actually bring some fans up from the south coast too so all good with me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MD said:

Why the downside with Chris Holder 

7 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Why the downside with Chris Holder 

There comes a time when at almost 35, having not been a GP rider for 4 seasons and having required a wild card that final year, you accept you are not at that standard anymore and as a former World Champion make a dignified exit from Grand Prix's for good. Time to let the new generation have their chance.

48 minutes ago, MD said:

There comes a time when at almost 35, having not been a GP rider for 4 seasons and having required a wild card that final year, you accept you are not at that standard anymore and as a former World Champion make a dignified exit from Grand Prix's for good. Time to let the new generation have their chance.

Chris Harris still wants to get back in GP.Not in the same league as Holder IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MD said:

He was 4th in his qualifier missed out on qualification on count back in a meeting where he finished above dudek and our wild card for Cardiff scored 3. Deserves his place far as I'm concerned 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Chris Harris still want to get back in GP.Not in the same league as Holder IMO.

Dont disagree. Most recently I can think of Kasprzak and Zagar coming through the qualifiers and were woeful.

• Like 1