British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Kent v Belle Vue 5th Aug

48 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

Who's fit to ride for the Royals today? Who's guesting? 

Line ups (BSPL Website meeting preview):

BELLE VUE: Jack Smith, Sam Hagon, Jake Mulford, Sam McGurk, Nathan Ablitt, Archie Freeman, Freddy Hodder.
KENT: Dan Thompson, Sam Woolley R/R, Danno Verge, Dean Douglas, Greg Blair, Chris Watts, Jack Shimelt.

What an insult to the paying public. Kent need to be disciplined for putting out such a terrible team to stop this kind of thing happening again in the future. Yes the NDL is about development, but it's still a product at the end of the day, one that NEEDS fans. Throwing in sub standard riders into the team is just awful and shows little respect for the paying public.

Edited by Diamonds85

50 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

What an insult to the paying public. Kent need to be disciplined for putting out such a terrible team to stop this kind of thing happening again in the future. Yes the NDL is about development, but it's still a product at the end of the day, one that NEEDS fans. Throwing in sub standard riders into the team is just awful and shows little respect for the paying public.

It's not tht terrible to say be disciplined is over the top, they've got the best no1 in the league a decent no 5 a ok no 3 the rest are reserves which are like most nl teams

Most teams get a good beating at belle vue 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

You must have had different guests in mind other than the ones Kent have chosen, out of interest who would they have been? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

So who would you have chosen as guests then? Thompson and Blair not good enough for you?

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

So who would you have chosen as guests then? Thompson and Blair not good enough for you?

I think the result answers your question. The doubters were proved right. 
in other news, congratulations to Redcar’s Archie Freeman on his paid max. First ever in the NDL?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

What an insult to the paying public.  Throwing in sub standard riders into the team is just awful and shows little respect for the paying public.

Still waiting for your answer on the better guests you'd have chosen.....

51 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think the result answers your question. The doubters were proved right. 

As the doubter has been completely unable to name any better guests, I'd say he's been proven totally wrong.   Wouldn't you?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Still waiting for your answer on the better guests you'd have chosen.....

As the doubter has been completely unable to name any better guests, I'd say he's been proven totally wrong.   Wouldn't you?

Spot on. Can only have guests up to cover whos missing so unattached 3 pointer for Connor at reserve and up to 3.5ish for Halder as non of those were available it became another unattacher 3 pointer. A lot of teams get battered at Belle Vue and the later in the season the visit the more dialled in the home side. Kents full season starting 1-7 may have got 10 points more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Spot on. Can only have guests up to cover whos missing so unattached 3 pointer for Connor at reserve and up to 3.5ish for Halder 

Has to be unattached 3.00 for Halder and KIng.

Anyway, we're still waiting for the moaners to tell us who the guests are that would be better than D Thompson and Blair.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Has to be unattached 3.00 for Halder and KIng.

Anyway, we're still waiting for the moaners to tell us who the guests are that would be better than D Thompson and Blair.

Quite simply put there isn't any d Thompson 1of the best in league 

The fact that the fixture was taken and remained in place with the knowledge that Bowtell and Morley would miss it due to Plymouth commitments was staggering enough. Guests will step in and do a job but have no allegiance to the club and no responsibility to help other riders through the meeting. The injuries added to the massacre but it was always destined to be a bashing anyways.

Wow I'm sorry to those who think I live on the forum and think I can respond at any time any day, it is the holiday season you know.

Anyway if yous think handing rides at number 4 to the likes of Dean Douglas is acceptable, enjoy watching more and more embarrassing races. Completely out of his depth at NJL level, nevermind NDL. I know Dean and his Dad relatively well, but to be fair, it's just ridiculous that the rules allow him to ride, it's dangerous and embarrassing to watch.

Edited by Diamonds85

9 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Wow I'm sorry to those who think I live on the forum and think I can respond at any time any day, it is the holiday season you know.

Anyway if yous think handing rides at number 4 to the likes of Dean Douglas is acceptable, enjoy watching more and more embarrassing races. Completely out of his depth at NJL level, nevermind NDL. I know Dean and his Dad relatively well, but to be fair, it's just ridiculous that the rules allow him to ride, it's dangerous and embarrassing to watch.

And still we wait for him to tell us who the better guests would have been......

" Kent need to be disciplined for putting out such a terrible team".....    Yet still unable to tell us who the better team would have been

• Like 4