British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Kent v Belle Vue 5th Aug

Riders who would have been a better option than Dean Douglas on an average less than Jamie Halder (3.53):

Gregor Millar, Kyran Lyden, Alex Goldsbrough, Josh Embleton (3.56, guest for Sam Woolley, RR for Jamie instead) All of these riders easily outscore Dean in the NJL/Amateur scene, and speaking of the amateur scene, there's A LOT of other riders who would have done a better job also.

1. Dan Thompson

2. Josh Embleton*

3. Danno Verge

4. Jamie Halder (R/R)*

5. Connor Coles (an ex Belle Vue rider with a high average and much better than Greg Blair)

6. Chris Watts*

7. Jack Shimelt* (Local to Manchester and has some actual potential in the future, so makes sense)

This team may not have been competitive, but at least it gives fans some semi competent riders to cheer on, but like I say, if you enjoy watching riders get lapped and failing to beat broken down team mates, then so be it... Not my problem. But throwing incapable riders into the NDL with zero experience and little control of the bike and asking them to race the likes of Jake Mulford, Jack Smith and Nathan Ablitt is just downright dangerous. No wonder there's so many falls and injuries in the NDL. The gulf between the top riders and the wobblers at the back is a joke.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Dan Thompson

2. Josh Embleton*

3. Danno Verge

4. Jamie Halder (R/R)*

5. Connor Coles (an ex Belle Vue rider with a high average and much better than Greg Blair)

6. Chris Watts*

7. Jack Shimelt* (Local to Manchester and has some actual potential in the future, so makes sense)

If they'd put out that team, they would have been fined.  Since only 4 of those riders are legal.

Connor Coles cannot guest at Belle Vue as he has already had his quota of guest bookings.

Josh Embleton is in the Armadale 1-7 with a 3.54 average.  So couldn't come in as an unattached 3.00 rider as he is neither unattached, nor 3.00

Not so easy is it?    Want to try again and see if you can actually come up with a better team that actually complies with the rules?

Edited by RoundTheBoards
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

If they'd put out that team, they would have been fined.  Since only 4 of those riders are legal.

Connor Coles cannot guest at Belle Vue as he has already had his quota of guest bookings.

Josh Embleton is in the Armadale 1-7 with a 3.54 average.  So couldn't come in as an unattached 3.00 rider as he is neither unattached, nor 3.00

Not so easy is it?    Want to try again and see if you can actually come up with a better team that actually complies with the rules?

As is kyran lyden so there's another off the list 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

I'm not going to argue, I wasn't aware than the replacement for Jamie had to be an unattached 3.00er which in itself is ridiculous, still plenty of better 3.00ers in the amateur scene than Dean. How can Kent's team be built with 4 riders at a 3 point average anyway, it's ridiculous and this type of team building is what creates such strung out races.

But like I said, if you enjoy watching lapped riders and riders who can't beat broken down riders then fine. Enjoy the rest of your season :t: British speedway really has gone down the pan... Tonight we have a very inexperienced u-21 rider (although having a decent season) guesting as a number 3 in the reigning league champions!! It's just a joke and embarrassing and is never going to attract new fans :rofl: The whole sport needs looking at, to create better racing

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'm not going to argue,

So that'll be   "No.  I can't come up with a better team than the one Kent had.  I take back my comment about them needing to be disciplined for a terrible team.  They did the best they could under incredibly unfortunate circumstances"

34 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

So that'll be   "No.  I can't come up with a better team than the one Kent had.  I take back my comment about them needing to be disciplined for a terrible team.  They did the best they could under incredibly unfortunate circumstances"

I do not take back my comment one bit, the difference between the 2 teams were unacceptable and Kent risked situations like this by building such a top heavy team.

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I do not take back my comment one bit, the difference between the 2 teams were unacceptable and Kent risked situations like this by building such a top heavy team.

Kent are entitled to build whatever  team they want upto the points limit! 

The problem is, that you were oblivious to when making slandering comments against the club, was that you are only allowed 2 guests and must use unattached riders thereafter. Dan Thompson & Blair are about as good a top 2 as you could find because remember this is real life and not every single rider that ‘on paper’ looks better will want to or would be able to ride. Then they had to pick 2 unattached 3.00 riders and tbf none are going to score many points, if any points at all. So what difference did it make whether they picked Shimelt, Douglas or someone else? The best you would’ve hoped for is only 1 or 2 points anyway!

• Like 3

Belle Vue are a mightily good side at home end of. They build well utilising riders from last season who were gaining in ability and track knowledge, scooped up Ablitt on a small average and are properly dialled in at NSS. They have put 60+ on 3 sides this year and 50+ on the other 3. Even Leicester who have a strong squad this year will have their work cut out to come away with anything.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:22 AM, Diamonds85 said:

I'm not going to argue, I wasn't aware than the replacement for Jamie had to be an unattached 3.00er which in itself is ridiculous, still plenty of better 3.00ers in the amateur scene than Dean. How can Kent's team be built with 4 riders at a 3 point average anyway, it's ridiculous and this type of team building is what creates such strung out races.

But like I said, if you enjoy watching lapped riders and riders who can't beat broken down riders then fine. Enjoy the rest of your season :t: British speedway really has gone down the pan... Tonight we have a very inexperienced u-21 rider (although having a decent season) guesting as a number 3 in the reigning league champions!! It's just a joke and embarrassing and is never going to attract new fans :rofl: The whole sport needs looking at, to create better racing

Kent didn't build a team with 4 x 3.00 riders. They had 2 x 3.00 riders at reserve, then Halder & Alcock as second strings on averages above 4.00.

Unfortunately for Kent, Halder has struggled & Alcock who was averaging above 8.00 got injured before he got a new average.

It probably needs the commonwealth riders to come in to up the standard.