British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies v Bandits 10/08

Birmingham: Kye Thomsen, Stefan Nielsen R/R, Paul Starke, Paco Castagna, Justin Sedgmen, Lee Complin, James Pearson.

Bandits: Chris Harris, Theo Pijper, Jye Etheridge, Leon Flint, Ricky Wells, Jonas Knudsen (or Joe Thompson), Connor Coles.

Teams look pretty even to me!

Be good to see how Complin goes and whether he's riding for a 2023 contract?

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Teams look pretty even to me!

Be good to see how Complin goes and whether he's riding for a 2023 contract?

Who with ,could be the question after the meeting.!!!

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who with ,could be the question after the meeting.!!!

Definitely.....it's all about the money no doubt?

16 hours ago, Col said:

I'm aware, I usually park on the business car parking on the left side of the A34, getting on/off the OneStop is a mild pain. 

So do I; last time I simply doubled back at the One Stop turning.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, Col said:

Also has CWG nearby meant any extra parking restrictions? It shouldn't since CWG tickets included public transport within the West Midlands but I don't wish to get caught out.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:41 PM, Skidder1 said:

CWG finish today.

The CWG are over but the traffic management and parking restrictions (at least as they affect the residential areas) continue for the rest of the week. 

There's ample parking at the One Shop Stopping Centre, and the new road layout provides you with a simple right hand turn option outside the main entrance when coming southbound down the A34. Access to the OSSC is traffic light controlled and seems to work well. It's far better than in previous years when you had to go around the Crown & Cushion roundabout and double back on yourself. Give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised.

No word on Jonas, looks like it's Joe Thompson.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Seeing that i will be watching him race in Denmark tonight- he will not be in Birmingham. ;)

So, is the "visa issue" just an excuse of convenience?  Is he actually withholding his services and the people are being shielded from the truth so that he doesn't end his season with a 28-day ban?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

So, is the "visa issue" just an excuse of convenience?  Is he actually withholding his services and the people are being shielded from the truth so that he doesn't end his season with a 28-day ban?

no, he’d be in Denmark anyways tonight, but his visa issues don’t stop him from riding in his home country, or from riding at Cardiff on Sunday for his country

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

No word on Jonas, looks like it's Joe Thompson.

I doubt Jonas would've been riding for Berwick anyway tonight as this is a re-arranged fixture and Knudson is racing in Denmark tonight.

At this rate we will be lucky to see Jonas in Berwick`s colours again this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

I am not sure of which topic I read this on but Knudson was signed on a 28 day visa which started on the rained off meeting Berwick v Scunthorpe 25/6 which expired on Sat 23rd July which was why he could race on the Saturday but not away on the Sunday. His working visa would take approx. 7 weeks which I understood, should have started early August so it is late in being verified/issued.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Is this being covered by radio? 

Seen on updates no radio coverage