British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, soupy said:

Was it not a attempt to have a sporting club like they do in Barcelona with Speedway,Basketball and Ice Hockey and a few other teams involved.

Yes, there was a plan by Sir John Hall to create a Sporting club for the city.

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nice piece shame its gone,barry done a good job at derwentpark for a couple of seasons hope he gets the chance to carry somewhere else!

Really? :blink: Seemed like a mockery to me. The North East now thinks speedway is dead based on that piece...despite there being another 3 tracks ticking along up there, GB being reigning world champions until a week ago, a thriving youth system and at least 2 tracks publicly on record as looking to return to the sport next year!

'The pits have been dismantled so that's probably it'? No they've not, they're behind you on camera Barry?! :D Brough Park hardly looks to be in the state that Brandon is and we're still trying to get that back!

29 minutes ago, JamieE said:

'The pits have been dismantled so that's probably it'? No they've not, they're behind you on camera Barry?! :D Brough Park hardly looks to be in the state that Brandon is and we're still trying to get that back!

No, that's only one side of the pits.

Can't see speedway returning to Brough while dog racing is still going on there?,,, 'Dog Racing', should be outlawed, those poor buggers chasing an old piece of carpet around,,, they're not even allowed to play with it if they catch it!!! ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, that's only one side of the pits.

Can't see speedway returning to Brough while dog racing is still going on there?,,, 'Dog Racing', should be outlawed, those poor buggers chasing an old piece of carpet around,,, they're not even allowed to play with it if they catch it!!! ;)

If they do catch it then the race is void!

2 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

If they do catch it then the race is void!

That wouldn't surprise me, does that mean it's only pretend? ;)

At the end of the race, the hare is quickly enclosed with a box and the speed of the hare is regulated so it is always kept

just out of reach of the Greyhounds

Edited by scampispeedway

1 hour ago, scampispeedway said:

At the end of the race, the hare is quickly enclosed with a box and the speed of the hare is regulated so it is always kept

just out of reach of the Greyhounds

Is there someone pedalling it?

Just had a great idea for a TV ad for Frank's carpets.  ;)

The Hare is propelled by a cable running along the outer edge of the track and outside you can hear the

motor whine as it goes round.

One of the track staff has it in their hands and there is an area where the hare is brought to a stop and this

allows them to quickly covered it up.

I have watched a few Greyhound races on Youtube and seen this happen a lot as well as been to one meeting

when we got a pass to attend a Greyhound meeting and put on the odd bet.

I never got into the event and couldn't get over the lack of atmosphere whilst watching the races compared

to a Speedway Meeting.

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scampispeedway said:

The Hare is propelled by a cable running along the outer edge of the track and outside you can hear the

motor whine as it goes round.

One of the track staff has it in their hands and there is an area where the hare is brought to a stop and this

allows them to quickly covered it up.

I have watched a few Greyhound races on Youtube and seen this happen a lot as well as been to one meeting

when we got a pass to attend a Greyhound meeting and put on the odd bet.

I never got into the event and couldn't get over the lack of atmosphere whilst watching the races compared

to a Speedway Meeting.

Aye, they have a blue box at Brough,,, av heard that animals don't like the colour blue?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, they have a blue box at Brough,,, av heard that animals don't like the colour blue?

Dogs don't see colours.

24 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Dogs don't see colours.

Aye, they just see black and white.

So why isn't all the stuff at pets at home just grey then?

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

In case humans can’t see them I guess.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ask a dog.