British Speedway Forum
Roger Jacobs

Ipswich v King's Lynn 11 August

It's the sign of a decent side that they can dig themselves out of a hole like that to still pick.up the win :t:

That's two good wins for me tonight :D

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's the sign of a decent side that they can dig themselves out of a hole like that to still pick.up the win :t:

That's two good wins for me tonight :D

Ipswich are not all that great but they have Doyle.

• Haha 1

King's Lynn robbed by the referee again, the speedway board needs to do something about it! No wonder why our sport is dying on it's arse!!

Edited by Lynnfan91
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

King's Lynn robbed by the referee again, the speedway board needs to do something about it! No wonder why our sport is dying on it's arse!!

Salty. The ref correctly applied the rules.

18 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Cry more en? Uppa witches!! 

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Story of the season unfortunately, just too inconsistent and not quite good enough, well done Witches.

In the interests of consistency I'll say for the umpteenth time tac subs shouldn't be permitted for home teams. 

Agree. It’s difficult enough to win away as it is let alone allowing the home team a way back in. Needs binning. 

18 minutes ago, Lynnfan91 said:

Absolutely the right thing to do, all 4 riders addressed the tapes and klindt starts rolling backwards and forwards messing after the two minutes have passed, clearly delaying the start, it’s a simple rule that isn’t enforced enough frankly, bit like the goalie should only hold the ball 6 seconds in football rule always flouted rarely enforced, we all want speedway meetings to be run more smoothly and efficiently so good on the ref for being brave enough to officiate the situation and rightly exclude klindt, don’t get away with that nonsense in the Grand Prix or on the continent so it’s nothing new to him! 

• Like 1

Nice bit of afters between Tungate and Lawson after ht15 - Lawson was trying to slow it down to allow worral through, nothing wrong with that in my view, didn't look dangerous but added some spice :t:

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Nice bit of afters between Tungate and Lawson after ht15 - Lawson was trying to slow it down to allow worral through, nothing wrong with that in my view, didn't look dangerous but added some spice :t:

Not for the 1st time these 2 have had beef....

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Not the first time this season riders have felt Lawson went over the line shutting off trying to slow down a race, there was some afters earlier in the years in one of the pairs meetings, remember Simon stead saying on the podcast he felt Lawson was a bit too naughty on that occasion.

Must say I was surprised how angrily Rohan reacted today, didn’t think he was too naughty but I guess in the heat of battle tempers run high! Like the afters tbh adds to the entertainment, also enjoyed Doyle coming and saying to Rohan who cares we won let’s do some wheeelies haha

excellent ride from Rohan to secure third and the win tho!

• Like 2

A very enjoyable meeting this evening. For Lynn, Jakobsen impressed early doors but didn’t quite carry it through to win the meeting. Pickering was a huge disappointment compared to when I’ve watched him previously. Thought Worrall rode well. Similarly, Jason Edwards also rode well. He’s definitely coming on well and improving all the time. One to watch.

For the Witches, what a pleasure it is to watch Jason Doyle ride. Team rode brilliantly and is just generally a class above. As mentioned previously by another poster, worth every penny!  I was impressed by Tungate, rode some good lines. It was also pleasing to see Summers come good in his last race. Couldn’t fault the effort of Starke but just couldn’t put the points on the board tonight.

Understand the disappointment of the King’s Lynn promotion but they only have themselves to blame for losing that meeting tonight.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Agree. It’s difficult enough to win away as it is let alone allowing the home team a way back in. Needs binning. 

I've also been saying that for many years.

My first match, and although the racing wasn't great, there were some good close races and tactical riding by both teams. King and Batchelor arrived late to the party, to deliver a couple of vital rides, and Tungate produced two very good efforts - especially to join Summers for that splendidly unexpected 5-1*, plus his wide outside run to grab third in the last heat, and then see off Worrall with some intelligent riding.

* I was standing top of Bend 1/2, so it wasn't clear why Klindt was excluded, but apparently he had an engine problem and pulled back from the tapes.  Strict application of the regulations by Chris Gay.

Doyle, as expected, is a class apart - passing with ease if he missed the start, but also tonight very much the team man, spending his last two rides looking behind him more than ahead.

The Deadbeets are a solid team, but, like the Witches of recent years, haven't got an out-and-out #1 to win those vital late races. Pickering for some reason doesn't do well at Foxhall - everyone else had their moments. Jakobsen was smooth when he gated. Edwards' ride to hold off Hume was impressive.

The crowd came to life at the same time as the Witches, so they went home happy, and looking forward to the next home match, whenever that might be ...

Stars snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Was always going to be tough run in with Doyle in 2 programmed rides, plus heat 15 and the tac, but we should still have got the match over the line 

Thought the start Marshall was also at fault with Klindts exclusion, was more interested in waiting for 2 mins to expire and point it out to the ref than trying to bring everyone to the start as usually happens with an impartial start marshall.

Disappointed with the cheer that went round the stadium when Pickers and Jorgensen came down. They did at least give the riders a clap when they got to their feet.