British Speedway Forum
iris123

Andrew Silver

Guest rob123

What a great rider, my all time favorite!

Starting going speedway in 1986 and followed Silver's carear ever since.

He made a come back in 1998 in an individual at Arena called the 12 lapper and almost won it, I think he was leading the final but retired towards the end, I dont think pete Thorogood could talk him in to riding full time the season after.

Grachan. can you paste the link of the race you posted in May as it doesn't work now?

Iris, I cant locate the pics

ps has anyone else got photos of the great man in action they can paste over???

Took all the old speedway pics off,sorry.Can put the A.Silver ones back on if you really want?

Guest rob123
Took all the old speedway pics off,sorry.Can put the A.Silver ones back on if you really want?

Thats OK, no problem, have you got any action shots of him???

Guest BilaHora

Mr rob123

I believe I have some action photographs of Andrew Silver riding at Berrington Lough somewhere - I shall see if I can hunt them out.

I also have a video of six meetings at Powderhall from 1986-1987 that includes two Arena Essex meetings in which Mr Silver rode - including an interview prior to the 1987 meeting. The other meetings are Edinburgh versus Eastbourne (1986), Edinburgh versus Mildenhall (1986), Edinburgh versus Berwick (1987) and Edinburgh versus Peterborough (1987).

Regards

BilaHora

Guest Steve Dixon

Here's a couple i took in the 1988 British Final..... :D

knightsilver.jpg

wiggsmithsilverdavis.jpg

Guest rob123

Great action shots Steve! brings back memories of that flamboyant style of his.

Such wasted talent! never mind.

Bila Hora - I would be interested to see any photos you have, also if it is possible for you to make a copy of your Arena meetings from 1986 and 87, I would be happy to pay good money for them!

Rob

Guest BilaHora

Mr rob123

I cannot copy the videos but - if you can - I could send you the video and you could return it once complete.

The 1987 Edinburgh versus Arena Essex meeting contains a wonderful "...Dick Barrie moment". After the end of the first heat - won by young Master Silver - Mr Barrie announces: "...did you see that...did you see that...anyone at the pits gate...send him round again...he's the new track record holder...no he's not...fastest time of the season".

Regards

BilaHora

Edited by BilaHora

Mr rob123

I believe I have some action photographs of Andrew Silver riding at Berrington Lough somewhere - I shall see if I can hunt them out.

I also have a video of six meetings at Powderhall from 1986-1987 that includes two Arena Essex meetings in which Mr Silver rode - including an interview prior to the 1987 meeting. The other meetings are Edinburgh versus Eastbourne (1986), Edinburgh versus Mildenhall (1986), Edinburgh versus Berwick (1987) and Edinburgh versus Peterborough (1987).

Regards

BilaHora

I have the video of him winning the NLRC and a few others as well :lol:

Guest rob123

Hi BilaHora

I am in middle of moving at the moment, but when I am settled I will e-mail you my address to send the videos to, otherwise I will probably lose them in boxes somewhere.

Thanks, I look forward to seing them

Rob

Mr rob123

I cannot copy the videos but - if you can - I could send you the video and you could return it once complete.

The 1987 Edinburgh versus Arena Essex meeting contains a wonderful "...Dick Barrie moment". After the end of the first heat - won by young Master Silver - Mr Barrie announces: "...did you see that...did you see that...anyone at the pits gate...send him round again...he's the new track record holder...no he's not...fastest time of the season".

Regards

BilaHora

If you wouldn't mind the video travelling overseas,i would be interested.I will of course re-imburse you.You can e-mail me if the idea is a go-er :D

I also recall seeing Andrew at Berrington Lough and he was very spectacular and was as far as I remember unbeaten that afternoon. :lol:

Grachan. can you paste the link of the race you posted in May as it doesn't work now?

Rob123,

Mine too!!

I forgot to change my post, but I've over written the file. I have a few Andrew Silver races on video though. If you want I can go through them and put them onto either a tape or a DVD for you. E-mail me your address if you like.

Rob123,

Mine too!!

I forgot to change my post, but I've over written the file. I have a few Andrew Silver races on video though. If you want I can go through them and put them onto either a tape or a DVD for you. E-mail me your address if you like.

I have quite few home video's of him at Eb in the 90's, not wonderful quality, but good memories! :)

Hi Rob was just reading what you guys was talking about .Is there any chance you could do a copy for me too? This is cheeky i know but i am desperateley trying to get hold of some racing . I brought a re-run video this season of him ,good but all of his last racing year.I would like to get hold of some more?!

I would send you some money to do it.

If you could let me know that would be great.

Thanks Sharon