British Speedway Forum
dukiedesmo

Chennel 4 SGP Coverage - When?

Any one know if and when the SGP highlights will be shown on Channel 4 as I can't find any mention in the TV listings or the web site? Hope they go back to a lunchtime slot again.

Cheers.

According to this mornings paper it,s tomorrow(sunday)@7am,no listing for a very early am repeat later in the week which is normally the case.

Anyone watch this?

I was really disappointed Julia Bradbury wasn't doing the interviews etc. as she had a good rapport with the riders last season and is a lot better than Sophie Blake (?) in my opinion. ;)

I always used to keep the Channel 4 G.P programmes because they were different to the normal Sky coverage, but now it's just run-of-the-mill highlights condensed into an hour. Okay if you don't have Sky but now not worth bothering with if you do. :sad:

Anyone watch this?

I was really disappointed Julia Bradbury wasn't doing the interviews etc. as she had a good rapport with the riders last season and is a lot better than Sophie Blake (?) in my opinion. ;)

I always used to keep the Channel 4 G.P programmes because they were different to the normal Sky coverage, but now it's just run-of-the-mill highlights condensed into an hour. Okay if you don't have Sky but now not worth bothering with if you do. :sad:

I watched it.. found it rather boring.. not worth getting up at 7 to watch it.. tape it, if you want to watch, i think.

I wasn't that daft to get up for 7am on a Sunday, even to watch Speedway. :D

I have to get up at the unearthly time of 6.30am during the week so I like to have a bit of a lie-in at the weekend.

Yes, I taped it but you're right - it was all rather boring. :P

Just my opinion here but why would Sky Sports not use Julia Bradbury for the Elite League.

She is by far the most professional in her presentation in interviews with riders and seemed to strike up a very good rapour with most riders.

No disrespect to Sophie Blake but what does she really know about Speedway apart from looking glamorous!! Have you noticed her questions to riders every week are all the same. I suppose the only good thing is tha she's a lot better that Jane Amoreibi!!

It's a shame that Channel 4 has not continued with their product from the last couple of seasons. I quite enjoyed some of their footage which you didn't see on Sky.

Come on Sky, bring on board Julia Bradbury for the GP'S.

Edited by Undercover Elephant

Guest Sullivan Nxt Champ

In this weeks speedway star it gives you when channel four are due to show each of the grand prixs.

Yeh.They are all on Sundays now around 7.30am apart from the British GP which is on around midnight.

Yeh.They are all on Sundays now around 7.30am apart from the British GP which is on around midnight.

CAn you post the dates for me please.. i haven't had my speedway stars for a few weeks ...

GP2 Prague....Saturday 29th May at 7am.

GP3 Wroclaw....Sunday 6th June at 7.30am.

GP4 Cardiff....20th June late night???

GP5 Copenhagen....Sunday 4th July at 8am.

GP6 Gothenburg....Sunday 29th August at 7.30am.

GP7 Krsko....Sunday 12th September at 7am.

GP8 Bydgoszcz....Sunday 26th September at 7.30am.

GP9 Hamar....Sunday 10th October at 7.am.