British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. iainb

RELEGATION IS THE AIM

It's a sport as in 1 rider competes to beat another... in every other aspect it is far from a sport
  3. tyke

Sheffield 2020

I'll watch Tai on any night apart from Sunday's then
  4. moxey63

Speedway's future IMO

The band of people I used to go to speedway with have stopped attending because of the doubling-up rules, amongst other things. You don't treat your car in a slap-dosh way you would a company vehicle.Too many riders are not owned by the club and are passed around like a cig behind the bike sheds. Ask those "plenty" of ex-Swindon fans why they don't attend anymore. Once we get a handle on why, perhaps we can halt the decline. I know why the group I went with stopped attending. It was Doubling Up, Golden Doubles... all rules that make it a daft sport to put you heart into.
  5. The gap only being 12 flatters Glasgow, we really struggled as a team. Thought it was going to be about 20 points by the way we started the meeting. Cook's engine failure was unfortunate. That was a six point swing in one race alone. It is all to play for tomorrow evening. Hopefully a big crowd and a 14 point win for the Tigers
  6. Call me wolfie

Wolverhampton 2020

The way CVS and PA were talking yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same 1-7 back next year
  7. Call me wolfie

Berwick, Sheffield and Kent.

CVS also said if Poole drop down and no other team comes up, Wolves will not run in a league of 6
  8. spin king

Sheffield 2020

Only one of those will be possible.
  9. ASpeedwayfan

Poole Pirates 2020

So Chris Harris and Jake Allen already snapped up. Huge shame because they are 2 of the very few riders I'd of wanted if we are in the championship
  10. Byker Biker

TV new deal?

I really cannot understand why so many experts on broadcasting and running a Speedway are all in the same place at the same time surely you should be running your businesses not pratting about on a forum!!!!! Unless you understand broadcasting rights, licensing and the differences between: a production company, a primary, secondary and tertiary rights holder, news rights or a broadcaster then all of this has no validity in my opinion. Philip Rising has tried to give some informed pointers but deaf ears and stoney ground spring to mind ! So frustrating.
  11. moxey63

Speedway's future IMO

I think people are using their own examples to win an argument. Of course there were doubling up decades back - PC for Rochdale and Belle Vue, Richardson for Eastbourne and Wimbledon, Gordon Kennett, Malcolm Ballard. But, I'm using facts here, those riders were connected to the clubs they doubled-up with and went on to have long careers with them. You can't compare today's methods the same as back then. Now, I'm afraid, a team is cobbled together with as much thought as a football match in a PE lesson at school.
  12. blueherb777

Play-off final

Time will tell!
  13. It was a great night and fantastic to see so many visiting supporters attending which really did create a superb atmosphere. The last heat 1 - 5 has definitely given Tigers hope in the tie and sets up the second leg perfectly. lets hope that whatever the result fans from both sides should show their support for their respective teams, riders and eventual winners in a manner befitting of the family sport which is speedway.
  14. tyke

Sheffield 2020

Thursday night's & Tai would be utopia
  15. PHILIPRISING

TV new deal?

THAT'S unfair given that the company that handled the production this year did so on a fraction of the budget Sky would have employed.
  16. Footballers get worse , but no matter , they can act the prat all they like .
  17. KilliePieman

Championship Grand Final 2019

Didn't see the Perks one, but the Lawlor one was a bit classless. Not sure who flicked the first 'V's but I was one of the Glasgow fans applauding the rider back to the pits after a fall. Little bit of fan interaction never hurt anyone :-) Anyway my first away trip and bar the result which will be tight to overturn it was a thoroughly enjoyable night and a healthy home and away crowd there.
  18. TotallyHonestJohn

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

Jake Allen officially signed up and announced Regards THJ
  19. Yes that was waving with one and two fingers.
  20. Responding back in similar fashion to Various hand gestures from the Glasgow support on Saturday night
  21. Today
  22. montie

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

a very bold statement considering we dont know the points limit,we dont know who is in the league and we havnt seen other teams a strange one to me that im sure a recall similar statements last year on the predictions thread but it didnt seem to work out that way
  23. Various hand gestures towards the Glasgow support on Saturday night
  24. 89buttons

Ipswich 2019

Riders never seem at all keen to do it on recent seasons, don’t think the modern machinery copes with it well, can’t imagine it’s a worthwhile payday to offset a blown engine! Would be good to see it return tho and or the star of anglia individual meeting
  25. gustix

Speedway's future IMO

Perhaps all the happenings mentioned in previous Posts is because basically speedway is not a genuine team/club sport?
  26. What have Perks and Lawlor been up to?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy