British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. adonis

Another Saturday night

I thinknthose who know best , do realise that the weekend is the best time , but we have played into the hands of Poland as has the rest fo world speedway including the GP's with people meeting the demands of Poland instead of qualifying . It's all too late , Poland will be the death of speedway IMHO ,
  3. Jaimon lidsey i would think.
  4. keepturningleft

This must be a contender for the greatest race ever!

Doubt Ivan Mauger would have ever have attempted a manoeuvre as risky as that...
  5. TooMuchGrip

Kings Lynn 2019

Totally agree but Simon does seem to be the default when we need to replace a reserve doesnt he. I know he is an asset but hopefully the team managers will eventually look a bit more outside the box for cover in the future.
  6. Any clue who's in for Kurtz?
  7. dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Scunthorpe 2019

I didnt think it was allowed to drop a rider and then reintroduce them at a later date.....
  8. keepturningleft

Another Saturday night

Apart from those clubs which have always raced on midweek nights and where that situation is entrenched, Monday evenings do not produce any kind of sense of occasion. In the old days, Saturday night was speedway night for me at Halifax and occasionally Belle Vue. Saturday afternoon out with the lads downtown. Teatime, the excitement builds. Dr Who on TV and then off to the Shay. Heady days. Monday night is a complete dud.
  9. tellboy

Kings Lynn 2019

No disrespect to Simon,but with the points we have left we should be able to do better if my calculates are correct.
  10. Kerr is very second hand after his spill at Eastbourne but no broken bones,so maybe fit,maybe not.Riss obviously out,and Proctor maybe too. Can't make this one unfortunately,at work until 17:45.Unless the start can be delayed for an 1.5 hrs to let the crowds in then i can
  11. TooMuchGrip

Kings Lynn 2019

It will be Simon Lambert in for Kasper after tomorrows meeting at Peterboro. I asked yesterday if Simon back in meant we could have Cook would that be acceptable to fans?
  12. Brummie Kev

Leicester v Birmingham 25/5/19

I decided to make the trip after work but regretted it from mid meeting on wards. We were woeful, only James Shanes are Ashley Morris could say they had a good meeting but it was comprehensive win for Leicester. All season we cant seem to gate and when your at a gaters track like Leicester then there's only gonna be one outcome regardless of how good the side your facing is. That's two poor meetings for Ostergaard in less than a week. He just isn't performing as what we hoped when we signed him. Hes only hit double figures on one occasion and whilst he wasn't a number 1 you would think riding at number 5 would ease the pressure. Leicester have a great top end but Ulrich was beaten from the tapes. He needs to improve in the coming meetings, maybe if no replacement is available we can re jig the riding order. Leicester are one of the best teams in the league, first time i've seen Ryan Douglas ride and what a cracking rider he is. With him, Nicholls and Worrall that's three number 1's certainly on form. I've always admired Connor Mountain in the NL and hes a great young rider, whenever I see him hes having good meetings. It doesn't matter who Ellis Perks is riding for, at whatever track, he always fills his boots when he rides against us. Hopefully Josh Bates is okay after his fall backwards off the bike. Only crumb of comfort I can take from last night is we shouldn't be the last team to be well beaten at Leicester this season.
  13. tellboy

Kings Lynn 2019

By all accounts the racing at Peterborough improved massively in their last match and everybody that went,went home very happy. To be honest on only having half a team,injuries happen in speedway unfortunately that is part and parcel of our sport.People can say we only have one team to choose from,which is true,but probably 90% of the people were crying out for fixed night racing to stop all the clashes with other leagues racing.We can have adequate replacements from Ipswich if needed,and their interest will be earning as much money as possible.People say guests don't give their all,but most of them do in all honesty.
  14. Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. Thanks
  15. waco

Eagles v bandits 25 may

A big confidence boosting performance from all the EAGLES......Lets hope that can lift them against tougher competition..best wishes to the two injured riders...Lewis and Kevin...
  16. Are you suggesting postpone fixtures until your riders are fit????? Cheats to the fore!!!!
  17. tellboy

Kings Lynn 2019

I would have said a straight swap for Proctor first.But who knows now with Riss possibly missing a month,it may have to be a double swap come June.Say someone like Nielsen for Kasper and Cook for Riss.We will all know soon enough.
  18. Ostrow v Rybnik should be on https://supersportowo.com/stream11.html and https://ustreamix.su/stream.php?id=polsat-sport&token=a94-5a4-883-3a9-8d0-ac2-182-abe-66b-ed6-6a Lublin v Torun and Leszno v Zielona Gora https://supersportowo.com/stream6.html http://www.maniak.tv/kanal-7 http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html Pila v Krosno is scheduled to be shown at 1.30pm UK time here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVgGPqupQzg teams https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/95329/euro-finannce-polonia-pila-wilki-krosno
  19. mikebv

Another Saturday night

Maybe their is a long term plan and its to increase its social media profile to a high enough number to possibly then start to stream matches to an army of 'armchair followers'... 50,000 'followers' might be enough to get 10% or so watching on a PPV stream on any given night... The nights they often run on are simply not 'customer friendly' for something that is seen as 'entertainment' and 'family focused' (and they must know this as its so obvious), therefore there has to be another reason surely why they keep running such a poor non customer focused fixture list.. Could it be with a view to future growth being delivered from TV subscriptions? Or.... Maybe I am giving them too much credit, and they haven't got any plan at all... And simply the fixture list is put together at the behest of the riders to suit their earning potential and individual aspirations, and no thoughts are put forward at all at any stage of the planning as to whether the fans can turn up or not....
  20. racers and royals

This must be a contender for the greatest race ever!

You can watch the Polish league but it`s a str*am(Phil doesn`t like the small river word used). check out the Polish league thread on the international section.
  21. racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien week 4 Tues/Thurs 28th/30th May

We move on to week 4 this week Tuesday`s meetings Dackarna v lejonen Eskilstuna Smederna v Vastervik Piraterna v Masarna Kumla Indianerna v Vetlanda Thursday`s match which is live on Freesports at 6pm is Rospiggarna v Masarna I will post the Tuesday line-ups tonight and Thursday`s on Tuesday evening.
  22. Today
  23. Confirmed Teams 1. Jason Doyle 2. Dawid Lampart 3. Tobiasz Musielak 4. Adam Ellis 5. Troy Batchelor 6. Zach Wajtknecht 7. Ellis Perks 1. Jack Holder 2. Richie Worrall 3. Nicolai Klindt 4. Josh Grajczonek 5. R/R 6. Nico Covatti 7. Nikolaj B Jakobsen
  24. Bandit59

Eagles v bandits 25 may

You would have to ask Dick any news of Lewis and Kev good to see the amount raised for young Tom speedway fans the best
  25. SteelShoe

Eagles v bandits 25 may

good to hear both riders not seriously hurt.
  26. could be close at home hard day for the pirates . that's the down side of fixed race days avaliability
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy