British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. foreverblue

Oxford Spires 2024

Harris was too bad to be true, track certainly didnt suit him tonight. Cant see them sacking him, he will have better nights.
  3. Speedball

Sheffield v Kings Lynn 18/05

We can have no complaints. Well beaten by a very good Sheffield side. Top three speak for themselves but Pickering and Gilkes provided very good support. Vadim had a nightmare evening. Dropped three primary chains in succession so something clearly not right there, but can’t say it made much difference to the score. Patryk struggling with his engines. Apparently too strong for the tracks so just spinning and he can’t detune them enough to get them working. Bringing some new equipment over to try. Other than Tobi and Tom Brennan though, we didn’t really offer much of a threat. Not sure I can see anyone taking points of Sheffield at home this season. No weak links in top 5 to exploit.
  4. SPEEDY69

Oxford Spires 2024

Janowski and Harris were both toilet tonight at Foxhall. As predicted before the season started their team is not that great but they can turn it around - will the management give them time? Boughen did really well to win a race ahead of Doyle.
  5. Fromafar

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

Tungate missed his flight
  6. foreverblue

Speedway Betting 2024

Got money back on Ipswich handicap -8 they voided it. Nice surprise.
  7. London Racer

Speedway of Nations 2024

Personally I feel the pricing for this event is a scandal. £95 for a child to sit in the main stand for the final? We are meant to be a family sport?? £65 to stand on the back straight?? Way above a premier league pricing structure… who and why set these prices??
  8. Charlieboy

Solid team performance tonight from all 7 Sheffield riders. Good to see Dan amongst the points. That should give him some confidence.
  9. Are track records in the rule book?
  10. szkocjasid

Sounds very odd, if Tungate / Clouting spot had been left blank 3 times, then Oxford could've used Nicholls in white with Boughen in yellow, or Nicholls in white / yellow with Riss in white / yellow. Why have a 3 rider race?
  11. The first race I saw was on August 19th 1949 Bristol v New Cross in the National Trophy Chris Boss and Eric Salmon v Bert Roger and Bill Longley. The most recent survivor of that meeting I think was Dick Bradley who died 2 years ago. The second meeting I saw was Bristol v Cradley Heath on September 16th 1949 and I can still picture in my mind the fall of Alan Hunt in the first heat on the first bend. I note that at second reserve for the away team was Les Tolley. Was he related to the current Birmingham promoter? I still have both programmes.
  12. Today
  13. SPEEDY69

Taxi for Palm Toft
  14. They are all still with us, but looking at the averages, Norman was actually the best of them...
  15. kelvinht

I couldn't possibly comment on the ineptitude of the Oxford team manager....
  16. Fricke's finally turned up this season and the reserves have improved in the last 2 meetings. Leicester finally clicking.
  17. KL are in big bother already. That was always the risk when Buster banked on Tarasenko and Wojdylo being mustard all season. You need Klindt ASAP!
  18. TTT

What's up with Jenkins this season? He's been dreadful in the Championship as well.
  19. SPEEDY69

Short changed with heat 15, Scott didn't look in difficulty in heat 14. Harris and Janowski poor for Oxford.
  20. TTT

Speedway Betting 2024

Did anyone else back WRIGHT +2 as a single after the Tungate news? Managed to break even on the night because of it.
  21. I recall Norman Nevitt, also Bill Powell and Jim Yacoby- about the same vintage and level. Are any of these guys still with us-I hope they all are. If memory serves I think Bill Powell was the most successful of the three , but I could be wrong (not for the first time!!!!!)
  22. Bagpuss

A bit shambolic really. It was a tough task even without two injuries and you can put Tarasenko down to one of those nights but there are others who need to pull their fingers out quickly. Not expecting much on Monday night but we need to see some fight and heart.
  23. GeneralMelchett

Even you might have been a better option - having seen Tarasenko and Wojdyko at the EoES I expected more of them here tonight!
  24. AceBelle

Lions v Aces 18/04 PR1

oops bonus point
  25. LagutaRacingFan

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

Peterborough is where Artem's heart is.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy