British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sidney the robin

Tai / Rosco - Team GB 2020

Good old Chunky Look we all get it you don't like Auty you are like a broken record but stupid thankfully not at the level of yourself TROLL of the highest order.
  3. Today
  4. Agree re Lambert,how does he get 5 rides and Kerr only 4.Kerr 7+2 from 4,Lambert 2 from 5.Madness imo from the team manager which gave Peterborough a sniff after ht12 only being 6pts down.
  5. chunky

Monkey Masks

Okay, if I can squeeze in here between gustix's many memories, I would like to ask a question. We all miss the old face masks - in particular, the good ol' monkey masks - but thinking about it, they really weren't around for long. Obviously, there were several different models; the standard one with the small vent in the middle, the style worn by Mauger, Collins, and Olsen, the Gordon Kennett one, the Joe Owen one etc... So, does anyone know when they were introduced? The American racing driver Dan Gurney made one around 1958, but they were never used in speedway that early. Even around 1969 and 70, the majority of the face masks were simple leather ones with slits in them. Trying to think back, I can't actually remember when they took over, or who were the first riders to use them. I know Ronnie Moore wore one around 1971 or 72... Anyone? Steve
  6. Yesterday
  7. Col

Swindon v Poole. Prem. 22/8/19

Going. Glug. Glug. Swindon by 14. At least.
  8. Col

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

I don't need to see the consequence of their choice. Gate 2 was the best gate on the night. Ellis won from it, Musielak won from it, Perks scored a point from it. If the Swindon team manager hasn't figured that out he is an idiot. He needed 3 points to get a losers bonus point, so take the best gate and put your best rider on it. Swindon got a 5-1. That gets them nothing more than a 3-3 would. They had the best two riders at the meeting. The only way they could have scored less than 3 barring a mechanical disaster was to hand Poole the best gate. Poole needed to put their only rider capable of out pacing Batchelor & Doyle on it, in Kurtz & hope Holder can sneak past either Robin as they queued behind Kurtz. Utter ineptitude all around.
  9. Bald Bloke

Needs thinking about. Wouldn't surprise me if changes will be looked at before the play offs.
  10. lisa-colette

No TS in playoffs though, Swindon seem to rely on those a little bit
  11. Neither did you mention home track advantage. There were quite a few riders who struggled to get three or points on their own shale, but then they would go to certain tracks and ride like a world-beater...
  12. Was the fire in his belly all ran out last time... The biggest difference in scoring you can get. 12 from 4 completed rides to 0 from 3.
  13. Probably proves that it was wise to sack him.
  14. Bald Bloke

Fighting talk
  15. orion

Your will get home quicker as you we be leaving before the end
  16. Bald Bloke

Perks will no doubt score at home. He's a trier
  17. Bald Bloke

Lets hope not... Hey
  18. A ORLOV

Swindon will get more than a two point win at home so on aggregate, which is what happens in the playoffs, we win. It will be interesting if the Poole riders can cope with a track without bumps.
  19. Wasn't there tonight. What happened to Ty 3,3,3,3,r a month ago.... 0,0,0, tonight. Cost me money
  20. lisa-colette

Yes, Swindon definitely will win, just whether we can grab the losers point or not.
  21. Bald Bloke

After tonight you have got to lean to a Robins win. 48-42 ish.
  22. And so it goes on and on and on and on . Cook can ride until the appeal is heard , he might yet still get banned . Which should make everybody very happy it seems
  23. Bald Bloke

You drive a Lambo ?
  24. Pob

Ipswich 2019

Sedgeman , Thought the idea was to try and improve the team . I take it you weren't around couple of seasons ago to watch that total waste of space take the p### out of the Ipswich fans and management with his can't be arsed attitude .
  25. How did Lambert get all those rides, he never looked like scoring after Garrity unintentionally but the wotsits up him in his first ride. Kerr should have taken two of them. Simon is the only rider who can rlead into turn one but be last by turn two! Couldn't work out Harris either, in his first ride he appeared to be all over Tungate with out making the pass, looked like he didn't want too, then in his second ride seemed to be inviting Nicholls through. Any why no MPT in heat 15, surely he deserved it over at least Harris... Just as well we weren't against a better team. Belle Vue may not be quite so easy on Thursday, particularly if Frike rides
  26. Bald Bloke

Poole v Swindon. Prem. 19/8/19

Not far out.. Poole reserves 15 points … Robins 2 points. Track is better, but still not good. Few early ruts and not much dirt. An ok meeting to be fair. Made better by what was at stake.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy