British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Scunthorpe had their ‘lap of honour’ , just after the first junior race, like always happens at Redcar, no matter who wins. Agree about the car park but it’s not the speedways car park , and the council have been asked to do something about it but don’t hold your breath.
  3. His last ride he team rode with sam to not leave him vulnerable to Borke keeping the score 3-3 Borke who would have maybe could have passed sam and give them a 4.2
  4. Agree………and another of his problems seems to be the line and speed he’s using at bends 1 and 2….resulting on him tightening up and not getting his wheels in line quickly enough on exiting bend 2 and therefore scrubbing off speed. Also……re. his bike’s speed ……it would be interesting to see Harris have a go on it……
  5. Starkey played a huge part in the engine room last night , his track craft made sure he got into the positions he needed to be. I have no concerns he will be fine albeit he was riding with Vissing who he was able to let clear off and only look after himself. This will not be the case with Flint we’re he may need to protect Flint more until he gets dialled in.
  6. MP78

Belle Vue v Ipswich 22nd April

What’s the thinking with King and Ellis switching positions? Are they thinking there could be a benefit with gate positions?
  7. Wrap up well, it's going to be chilly...
  8. siggysigalos

Kings Lynn vs Sheffield - Monday 22nd April

Weather Permitting....Ive decided to give this meeting a look, as i cant get to Manchester to watch Ipswich's customary Loss at Belle Vue, and i'm looking forward to it. Don't think it's a given Sheffield win here, Lawson coming in as a Guest is a good move in my book, but Basso being available is key. Will be interesting what sort of reception Chris Holder gets from the Lynn supporters and how he goes on the track. Could be closer than what we all think. Roll on Monday for a Good Meeting
  9. Well done the Scorpions. A result I never expected half way through & Redcar to pull away but the injury & resulting withdrawal was pivotal. Danny King went AWOL, Knudson eased up, Edwards was superb all night, Bailey came to the party & both reserves missed out on them 3rd places but was this because of the pressure we put on them finding our feet. MPT had a great night again having to work for his paid max, Howarth got it together, Allen had an unexpected night going by how his season has started & being an ex Bear but all the others chipped in running only ONE last place after heat 7.
  10. siggysigalos

Brummies 2024...

It was always going to be tough for the Brummies, in my opinion, especially with Milik and Pawlicki as their main 2 riders. I must admit i thought Klindt would of been called in by now, just on the Rider to replace Milik, who is there available, and i suppose can Birmingham afford a Big No 1....What is available???
  11. No It’s Not quite as simple as that he did say he is bringing another engine up for next week
  12. No, they always wait until after the first second half race to let the winners do a lap of honour. Not a snub to Scorpions at all. Car park is pretty treacherous to walk through in the dark, especially if it has been wet.
  13. orion

Belle Vue v Ipswich 22nd April

Doyle , Emil , King and Ellis can all go good here and the tac is a massive advantage to Ippo . Belle Vue should win but don't expect a walkover
  14. Today
  15. Well done Scorpions, a good team effort all round and another maximum for MPT. Nice to see Kyle finding his gating boots at last. Hope Wrighty is only battered and bruised after his awkward fall. Couple of issues, pity we were not allowed a lap of honour after heat 15, I am sure if the Bears won they would have been straight out there before any second half races. The carpark is a bomb site and needs sorting very quickly as well as the exit out.
  16. orion

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

The debate was can Harris score in double figures in a heat leader role in a final v a this decent Ipswich side .. so we are worried about last year stats . 12 + 2 was a good meeting but he was at 4 and 10 +3 was riding v Ippo . The bottom line in my opinion that he would have only scored 6 or 7 in that final in a heat leader role not the stupid scores you and others were going on about . So pure logic nothing to do with putting fingers in ears etc . Sadly we never got the chance to see who was right . Of course the next port of call was you to go crazy because i said don't rate Oxford and said that Magic was on the downgrade and not a No 1 and they would come unstuck in heats 13 -15 ... Thou its early that's looking pretty spot on . No doubt if this trend carries on you will be sticking your fingers in your ears or getting angry as normal .
  17. racers and royals

Speedway of Nations 2024

In a hyped up best pairs event !!!!
  18. Puma23

Jamaican rider

The Daily Mirror, London of March 28 28 publishes a picture of a giant Jamaican on a motorcycle, with the following footnote: He wants to be a speedway rider. Wilfried McIntosh, a 6ft. 6in. negro from Jamaica, with Johnnie Hoskins, manager of West Ham, who is to give him his big chance. With them is Eric Chitty, West Ham's new Canadian rider.
  19. TheWellBehavedWorrall

Glasgow v Berwick BSN Cup 19/4/24@7-30

That was a good win against a a decent Berwick side. It’s worth pondering the outcome, had Flint been available. Would he have scored as many as Vissing? Doubtful, but then again, if Complin was available, I’m confident he’d have scored more than Hagon’s four. Starke looked slow, so credit where it’s due; his five, paid eight was an achievement. Borke is a rider. I can’t imagine he’ll be at reserve for long. Berwick have a great talent on their hands there. There was some great racing on show last night. Lots of passing and lots of tussling, so fair play to both sets of riders.
  20. The best riders in the world racing on the only British track worthwhile watching speedway at might be the reason
  21. New track man this year, track hasn’t offered much in terms ofgood racing the first couple of team meetings at least. Like Boz said I don’t think the weather has helped and hopefully just early season issues.
  22. Whatever the track is like I think this is a very tall order for Lynn, remembering Sheffield at the AFA last year makes any Stars fan shudder. If Ben is still out its a big blow. Paddy needs to show something much better this week after two poor meetings.
  23. "Starke was gating, but Christ there was no speed in his bike on the straights and he was having to ride defensive alllllllll night." I don't pretend to be an expert but is that not a simple matter of selecting the correct gearing? Correct balance to be struck between fast acceleration (gating) and top speed down the straights? Surely his team captain or more-experienced riders can offer advice on the most beneficial settings for the new Ashfield track?
  24. Slick/ Grippy We will be coming down for the win, not matter what the track is like. If we cannot win then we settle for the bonus point.
  25. ONTWOMINUTES

Jason Garrity

Again, I'm sure there's plenty fit in that category.
  26. They might be but if they had to fly someone in they would, and could. Its a choice.
  27. Fair post again from Yearby. Think with Charles we may have won but who knows. Was a much improved performance by some, with Knudsen having a good night and Bailey looked quick after his opening ride. Great to see Edwards continue his progress. For Scunny MPT was excellent, with rest giving good support without any real standouts I thought. Harrisons four points proved hugely crucial. Track on the slick side again but understandable with the amount of rain again this week.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy