British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Tim G

Moto Gp, 2 And 3

KTM wouldn’t have been an option I suspect as Binder is already signed up for next season and it would be a shock if Acosta did not join him. So it would be Tech 3 if there was a vacancy and he’s not going to leave a factory team for that ride. No rider in his prime has yet gone to Aprillia as they aren’t really looked on as a championship winning team but hopefully Maverick can put a good run in this season and that might change. BMW is 2027;when the regulations change to smaller engines and less aerodynamics.
  3. szkocjasid

Ipswich vs Oxford 18th April

I think it's because Leicester were weakened last year when Morris got banned & they had to use r/r. Then at the AGM the other promoters probably thought "that could happen to me" so they voted for more guests allowed.
  4. szkocjasid

Brummies 2024...

Klindt isn't the answer to turning Birmingham into a winning team, but he has the ability to score more points than Lampart, so any improvement is worth doing. I'd keep Milk, as he may start scoring well at reserve. If Birmingham weren't so bad, I'd give Lampart longer to see if he can improve, but Brummies have done so poorly they need to be ruthless.
  5. Both teams are not strong at reserve, but someone has to win that battle. Even if that's Redcar, still think Comets top 5 will steer them to victory.
  6. Scunthorpe could well win this one. Certainly got the bonus point sewn up imo.
  7. szkocjasid

Oxford Vs Plymouth BSN group 17/4/24

I wasn't surprised by Oxford's heavy away loss at Poole, but expected then to be fine at home. Great effort by Plymouth, who won't be as bad as many think they are.
  8. Nobody has ever said Tate or the fin were no hopers if anything people have praised those signings. So bit of a Strange comment.
  9. secsy1

Jason Garrity

I think everyone on here should cast their minds back several years ago to a certain incident involving 3 young riders and what they allegedly did to a young lady. Who bailed them, who paid monies to certain parties to keep the alleged incident quiet and where are they now?
  10. looking forward to it really interested to see if the no hopers Workington signed continue to impress we know we are weak at reserve but as long as they keep trying they will improve and start scoring a few points between them
  11. Tosh1218

Scunthorpe 2024

Nathan’s injury is not as bad as expected ,he’s spoke it will be weeks rather then months so that’s a positive and will definately miss the two away meetings at Redcar
  12. chun

and no one else would book them
  13. frigbo

Question

https://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/1618/1956-world-final-wembley-stadium
  14. 7 in Prem last month and never less than paid 8 in 5 previous Cowley appearances so I think we all expected more from him.
  15. chun

would they not earn any money then
  16. chunky

Question

Clearly, whoever created/updated Dick's bio was wrong. He most definitely rode in the 1956 World Final. I know that people often question the accuracy of Wikipedia, but this is the first glaring mistake (related to speedway) I've found. Another great link for checking World Championship history is http://www.speedway.org/history/. Plus, I'm currently reworking the World Final file for Speedway Researcher (there were a ton of mistakes on the original file).
  17. Fromafar

Guests are on a hiding to nothing.Hero or Zero,they can’t will.Great effort from Plymouth though.
  18. Mike0310

Robbed at the end but far better than expected am I being a bit harsh expecting more from our guest or maybe I should be grateful he turned out for us.
  19. Fromafar

Agree they do look weak outside their Top2.They will need one of the reserves to step up big time .
  20. Mr Blobby

That’s their problem if he doesn’t kick on to be a third heat leader they’re in bother. Atkins is a reserve and would class heeps as one these days also. Killen and Boughen will probably both get better with time. But effectively running with 2 heat leaders a second string and 4 reserves at present.
  21. I think Klindt's was much more serious.Whilst Iversen did have an horrific crash at Peterborough,pretty sure he escaped with no broken bones.
  22. Najjer

And get riders taking guest bookings and scoring nothing so it then lowers their average? That would be a daft idea.
  23. SPEEDY69

Great to see the old boys whipping the young 'uns sometimes
  24. Bagpuss

Not really sure why they've started dishing out guests for second strings, that's what R/R is for I'd have thought.
  25. Colinspeedway

Was really impressed with Jenkins last year and thought he would crank it up a gear but seems to be struggling this year so far.
  26. I suspect there will be at least one change there before long.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy