British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. steve roberts

highest avg rider

Peter Collins averaged a massive 10-98 (which included 19 maximums) from the more difficult No.3 position (if I recall Soren Sjosten and/or Chris Pusey rode at No.1?).
  3. waiheke1

US riders of the 30's

Because Chunky wasn't doing anything that needed to be stopped Sid. He made reasonable points, and you have posted aggressively in response. We all respect you as a poster who speaks his mind and knows his speedway, but on this thread - in my view - it is you who is in the wrong in the interaction with Chunky. Not on opinions - we all have different ones of those- but in the way you have posted.
  4. Today
  5. Sidney the robin

US riders of the 30's

My point was why did Norbold post to me to STOP it ???? why not you ???? you helped greatly towards the trouble on this thread.I truelly regret offending Norbold that was never my wish and believe it or not i dont hate or dislike you.
  6. Sidney the robin

US riders of the 30's

The last sentence says it all you have arrogance in abundance.You have no intention of backing down on anything even if you are right or wrong a real shame but hey that is your personality and choice.
  7. Yesterday
  8. The Doctor...

Speedway Promoter Game?

Same here.. i found my original disc but it's screwed..
  9. Bald Bloke

Mr Garrity

If that's the case. Then yes.
  10. norbold

US riders of the 30's

Quite right, Sidney. I am an idiot with no mind of my own and easily swayed by a man I have never met. I was totally unable to read all the posts on this Forum and make up my own mind and just fell under Chunky's Svengali-like influence. It's very instructive to learn what your real opinion of me is.
  11. TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

Didn't realise this was my thread from years ago! Amazing to see the progress being made. I'd love to give it a go, but I don't have the game and would need to get it on Windows 10, could anybody point me in the right direction of the actual 'Speedway Promoter' file so I can get that downloaded and try the other links to get it working. Much appreciated!
  12. comet49

Newcastle 2020

Hope you’re well soon Chris, remember you well riding for the Comets.
  13. Marksman

Speedway Promoter Game?

Yeah good finds, So the First number is nationality, England = 1 on this occasion. Denmark = 4 etc. Second number I think determines wether the rider is listed for loan or to buy 1 = Loan, 0= Transfer (Also seen 2 appear here a couple of times) Other numbers you'll probably know already like 4th = Age, 5th = Price to buy. Followed by the averages.. I was able to place a 4 in the 4th number from the end and a 1 in the second number on everyone, and they all appeared in the 'Retired' list! All the 40+ random riders appear in order from Row 986 down, you can remove them from the game easily enough too.
  14. DSC67

Mr Garrity

Early guilty plea , looking for a lighter sentence ?
  15. As far as 1987 is concerned, ten National League clubs are represented on Researcher. Only one, Glasgow/Workington, carries any junior details. Only five clubs have files for 1986, again only the Glasgow file carries any junior details. Good luck to anyone hunting down any junior results, I have files I've been working on for ten years plus that I'm still trying to locate results and heat details for.
  16. RobMcCaffery

Mr Garrity

Yes.
  17. chunky

US riders of the 30's

Look John, we have had our problems, but I don't dislike you. I dislike the way you carry on sometimes, when we should just be discussing speedway, and you really don't do yourself any favours. I have conversed with you on a number of occasions, on BSF posts, FB groups, and by PM on both, and much of it is me offering friendly advice - which you tend to ignore. I have told you many times that you are (and should be) a valuable member of this forum. Would I do that if I really had a problem with you? Yes, a few days ago, I was annoyed with you. Why? Because you were being rude and very ignorant to an individual who asked you legitimate questions. I questioned when you posted Mike Kemp's photo, after the discussion we had about copyrights. I wasn't rude or aggressive, and I wasn't making fun of you; I simply made a friendly suggestion that you indicated that you had permission (to save any hassle on here). You got in a huff over that, for some reason. I'm sorry, but it still shocks me (and many others on here) that you didn't recognise Plechanov, Moore or Mauger. However, you got in a huff over that. It is true that you have contradicted yourself several times regarding your career/non-career as a speedway journalist. If you contradict yourself like that, don't be surprised when people mock you. When you have genuine questions, I am happy to help wherever possible - as I am when ANYBODY needs assistance. I was grateful when you corrected one of my recent posts - and I acknowledged it. I genuinely am (I know Sidney will disagree) a nice guy, and will help anyone in any way I can. I just have a low tolerance for stupidity...
  18. Dave Jones

Poole Pirates 2020

A very forgiving person is Rick Frost.. After all it takes a big man to get involved with one of the guys involved in trying to close him down when the bspa offered Coventry a route back in 2011, if they agreed to dump their stance with Peterborough. The guy you are trying to accuse quite rightly told them "to do one"
  19. chunky

US riders of the 30's

You reckon I don't back down? You are the one who keeps the grudges going, despite the fact that I have never considered us to "be at war". If I believe in something, why should I back down? At least I use fact, logic, reason, and statistics to substantiate my viewpoint. If YOU believe that strongly in something, it would probably help your case if you attempted the same, rather than resorting to name-calling and insults, ridiculously false accusations, and downright lies. To say that I have "involved" norbold is downright stupid. Norman is a well-respected and mature individual who is old enough to make his own mind up about things. When I was going through stuff with gustix, YOU (as a complete outsider) - decided to get involved - totally of your own free will. To suggest that Norman DIDN'T do a similar thing, and/or is my puppet, is a despicable claim, and you should be ashamed of yourself. It is not a case of "loyalty" to me, merely a case of reading - and comprehending - what is there in black and white.
  20. gustix

US riders of the 30's

Please Sidney the robin: don't take action you will later regret. I tolerate - to a certain extent!!! iris123 but have no real idea why he has maintained a near 10 year vendetta against me. Like yourself I have the utmost difficulty in coming to terms with chunky and tend to support your comment to a large extent. Norbold I respect most on the BSF and various Facebook forums. He is far too experienced from his worklife and now retirement to react in a bitter way to comments on a forum. I am not so sure the forum is as you say dying. It has far too many members for that to happen in the immediate future. A study of what the BSF provides - so many themes and responses - and a large membership - ensures it will be active for a very long time. So, Sidney the robin. cast aside your concerns and participate - even enjoy!!! - participation on the BSF.
  21. tocha

Ipswich 2020

You'll be able to see Chris riding tomorrow evening. The Witches will be taking on Belle Vue from 2008 headed by recent signing Jason Crump. On YouTube via the Witches channel
  22. Many clubs now have their own youtube channels including defunct Oxford. There are some cracking matches. Skol masters from 1990, Pl pairs 1997 featuring a very young Lee Richardson and Dave Mullet for Reading runners up to Long Eaton, Martin Dixon and Carl Stonehewer. Type in the club of your choice to see if they have a channel of their own .
  23. Speedway fan

Birmingham Brummies 2020

link
  24. Sidney the robin

US riders of the 30's

Say what you want Iris you i do respect you very much ( Chunky not so because he never backs down sulks like a bitch)so we have had our differences but we always seem to move on.Chunky does not and he has now involved Norbold who now hates me not to worry eh!!!! the forum is dying anyway best to just read and say nothing.
  25. iris123

US riders of the 30's

You need to open your eyes Sid. Gustix has used you for his purpose of upsetting the forum again First he brings up an old post of yours out of the blue, to get you going at me. Simultaneously on another thread he tried to do the same with TWK. Fair play to both of you it didn’t work.. So he picks out a year old post from Chunky to have a try at someone else. Sadly you fell for it. You just have to look back at yesterday to see it all there
  26. Sidney the robin

US riders of the 30's

There is a real ganging up culture on here , i wish i was in a gang, 99 per cent of my problems have been caused by myself not a problem. This thread has been very disappointing for me , Norbold who i respect as much as anybody in the speedway world that I have ever met has been swayed by Chunky.Look i have made endless mistakes and have admitted it over a period ! Chunky ( Chunky who??? ) sits it out and returns when it suits.The forum has run its course for me to be honest, so disappointed with Norbold ok i am wrong/ Gustix is wrong but your loyalty to Chunky who is not particularly nice ( or a saint) is pretty sickening.
  27. Skidder1

Poole Pirates 2020

At least Poole benefitted from the excellent Readypower (Rick Frost) sponsorship afterwards when it became clear where the fault was!!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy