British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. chunky

Speedway Star

Yeah, knowing how old most of us speedway fans are, they probably need to produce a large-print version of the mag...
  3. What a dumb strategy that is
  4. foreverblue

Witches v Brummies 28th March

A much more solid team this season, Ellis is a great signing and Dan T will be a good reserve, much better than most and will improve, Rew will also improve.
  5. Technik

NL Fantasy Team for Fun 2024

Max Perry EDI 7.75 Luke Killeen OXF 7.73 Ace Pijper S/S 5.81 Luke Muff BVC 4.83 Chad Wirtzfield BVC 3.81 William Hocaniuk MID 3.00 Ashton Vale OXF 3.00 Total 35.93
  6. Must put the pressure on the opposition too, knowing what's coming at the end of the match?
  7. Could not agree more. All they've got to do is keep it close all meeting, with a great chance of advantages in 13+15 for the win.
  8. Thought we may have won this by more but fair play to the Brummies This season we have two second strings that can score 11-15 between them and 2 reserves who can get 8-10 between them Even the lower end of that means the 3 heat leaders need to get 27 between them which will happen most weeks … even with Emil and Danny struggling last night the heat leaders got 23…. I think we will be very tough to beat this season but we will see
  9. TheReturn

Speedway Star

Picked my first copy up in a long time from my local supermarket in Derbyshire today and good season preview. Was slightly surprised at how small the font is, although I admit I am getting on a bit now (51).
  10. Toady

Swindon Stadium

The only car parking is shown here.https://pa.swindon.gov.uk/publicaccess/files/452688B17DD4932EC24FC9C7D4C3398D/pdf/S_RES_18_0027-ALTERNATIVE_SITE_LAYOUT-771582.pdf
  11. Doyle and Emil in two of the last three heats is a strength. Not sure why you’d move away from that to be honest. It’s a strange suggestion.
  12. Today
  13. Yep delayed by about 30 mins, just approaching Bournemouth. Bus then heading to Poole
  14. Well it’s a bright sunny day here on Teesside, the wind is starting to pick-up a little. There is the possibility of intermittent showers later today, could hit the arena, could miss the arena, who knows, (who’d be a track curator on a day like today) either way, I’m looking forward to seeing tonight’s match. Hope all rider have a safe, injury free night. Tonight's teams:- REDCAR: Danny King, Jason Edwards, Connor Bailey, Jonas Knudsen, Charles Wright, Jake Mulford, Ben Trigger.NEWCASTLE SELECT: Steve Worrall, Alfie Bowtell, Ben Barker, Paul Starke, Lewis Kerr, Max Clegg, Danny Phillips.
  15. A definitely possible 10-2 at the "business end" of the meeting... A no brainer isnt it?
  16. They will probably use a 'passenger replacement service' or use a 'guest' service ie a bus!! NB> TRACK UPDATE AT 1PM.- Bright, sunny and breezy at Wimborne Road. Meeting definitely ON. Designated turnstiles opening 30 mins early at 6pm for Pre-booked ticket holders and Season Ticket collections.
  17. Hope you get a clear run to Poole LBW. No trains running between Bournemouth and Brockenhurst due to signal issues. My daughter wants to go to from Weymouth to Pokesdown but is scrambling around trying to work out bus services.
  18. Yes I didn’t understand his reasoning either. Thankfully it won’t happen.
  19. szkocjasid

2024 NDL Predictions

Harder to call this season, not really got any 3.00 riders who are expected to turn into heat leaders like some seasons have had. 1. Leicester 2. Oxford 3. Edinburgh 4. Belle Vue 5. Scunfield 6. Middlesbrough
  20. Met office radar shows a heavy shower passing through between 4.30-5. Hope it goes ahead, I’m sure they’ll be giving it a go now
  21. Weather can't make its mind up what to do, rain one minute ,then sun next. Every forecast site shows different weather?
  22. In the pre-season review in the weeks Speedway Star Peter Adams makes the most bizarre take on the Witches riding order I've ever heard. The riding order is key but I never quite understood why they had Jason and Emil in heats 13 and 15. With the aggregate point being so important, in Heat 13 they could only get five points, whereas if you split them and didn't have them riding together in 13, there's the potential to score six points, home and away. I'd split them, I wouldn't have them at one and five. One of them needs to be at No. 3. Personally I've never heard such nonsense from someone with so much experience in the sport. While it's true 3+3 is better than 5, he does realise there's more than two riders in the Ipswich team right? For example Danny King in heat 12 should always have the beating of the opposition reserve, so scores 2 or 3. Putting Doyle in heat 12, may score an extra point, may not. But I think they are far more likely to lose points in heat 13 as even a good race by King (splitting the opposition) would be a point dropped.
  23. szkocjasid

Leicester Lion Cubs 2024

Probably told he couldn't ride for Leicester to encourage more guests lol!
  24. Sotonian

Swindon Stadium

Same as at any other track without parking - on surrounding roads and in public carparks.
  25. Speedway fan

Brummies 2024...

Leon had a night to forget .. puncture before his first ride , two chain breaks on the line then a fall ..... all part of the joys of speedway ! Steve had paid 6 from 3 rides but then fell in the same spot that had caught several riders out inc Emil !
  26. stewmac

Polish and other Speedway videos 2024

Gorzów v Leszno, sparring, 27.03.2024, all heats fan video: https://youtu.be/kH-pMk-s0TI?si=CyMr-0ArIGsEa9G0
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy