British Speedway Forum

All this talk about who should or shouldn't have been picked. If people actually looked at the averages on the BSPA website they would take note that barr Joe Screen and Scott Nicholls the riders with the next highest averages were picked from merit and from how they have scored this season. Averages below:

Lee Richardson 8.67

Chris Harris 8.22

Eddie Kennett 8.13

Lewis Bridger 7.63

Danny King 7.42

Joe Screen 7.41

Tai Woffinden 7.06

Scott Nicholls is down on 2008 CMA of 8.98.

Proves to show Rob Lyon picked the right team, and barr mechanical gremlins we would have been at the World cup Final Sunday morning!!

Proves to show Rob Lyon picked the right team, and barr mechanical gremlins we would have been at the World cup Final Sunday morning!!

No it doesn't. If anything it indicates that he should have picked Scott Nicholls and Joe Screen, and if he had we would have have been in the World Cup Final this morning.

Not saying he should have picked Screen and Nicholls - but going on averages alone he should have.

See your point.

I think one of the first main issues of concern is, who picked P'boro as our track.

This is nothing against the Showground as it proved excellent racing, but this is an Aussie and Polish built track.

Screenie was interviewed on Sky stating his disbelief that we had shot ourselves in the foot by picking that track.

See your point.

I think one of the first main issues of concern is, who picked P'boro as our track.

possibly BSPA had a few track suggestions and in the end BSI/FIM choosed P'boro.

Guest Ashie Smashy

Good to see Scott turn up at last at the SWC :lol:

Better than seeing Woffinden in a Team Australia shirt !

A true brit :rolleyes:

Not the best move by Tai...get in there and help by all means but not wearing that.

Tai has shown his true colours.

Next years TeamGB should not include him in it

Judas :mad::mad::mad:

Tai has shown his true colours.

Next years TeamGB should not include him in it

Judas :mad::mad::mad:

:blink: Surely if they were his "true" colours he'd be riding for Aussie.....

I assume he had the option?!

Edited by Jenn

I dont care if he had the option or not, this is a very stupid thing for him to do, and in my opinion disrespectful to Rob Lyon.

I actually dont think he would have got in the aussie team anyway but now he has done this they are more than welcome to him.

I dont care if he had the option or not, this is a very stupid thing for him to do, and in my opinion disrespectful to Rob Lyon.

I actually dont think he would have got in the aussie team anyway but now he has done this they are more than welcome to him.

Are you seriously suggesting that because Woffinden has helped an Australian rider in the pits, in Leszno today, that he shouldn't be picked for Team GB?

Not only is he wearing a team Australia shirt today at the Race Off you could clearly see the Australian flag tatooed on his back!

He obviously does not really consider himself British but by declaring himself such he has has the benefits of being able to ride conference league, doubling up and a nice low starting average :mad:

Are you seriously suggesting that because Woffinden has helped an Australian rider in the pits, in Leszno today, that he shouldn't be picked for Team GB?

Yep !

He worked his a*se off for team GB the other night, why should he be dis-included because he's helping out the Australian team?

He's lived in Australia for a large part of his life, team GB aren't in the final maybe he feels he wants to give something back to the country he grew up in.

Maybe he wants to give something back to the Australian system he has progressed through.

If you notice every mechanic, assitant and outside riders are wearing team shirts, Tai is no exception.

Maybe he shouldn't have worn the shirt, to me it makes little difference as he gave his all for team GB.

Seems a 'mountain has been made out of a mole hill' to me.