British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Byron Bekker 2014

Is there any indication that we will see South African rider Byron Bekker with a club in 2014? Injury has dogged his career in recent seasons.

I have checked his previous career details which are as follows - with acknowledgments and thanks to the website concerned.

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/223

He had an operation on his leg in June and sold most of his gear, but he kept some because he said he wants to come back if he can.

With due respect to the site in question that career record is incomplete

Malcolm Vasey

Thank you Malcolm. I thought the career details were lacking some background to Byron Bekker's British career.

With due respect to the site in question that career record is incomplete

Malcolm Vasey

In what way are they incomplete?Would maybe NL level be missing?If so,it might be of interest to look at this recent thread in which Gustix has been quite active......

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75299&page=1

I think this thread was set up with a not so well hidden agenda

• Like 1

In what way are they incomplete?

They are massively incomplete - as Bryon has one of the longest and team-wise, most successful careers in the history of the CL/NL. Why anyone would want deliberately to tamper with riders' career records like they do on that website is utterly beyond me...

They are massively incomplete - as Bryon has one of the longest and team-wise, most successful careers in the history of the CL/NL. Why anyone would want deliberately to tamper with riders' career records like they do on that website is utterly beyond me...

How are they "tampering" with the career records? Have you taken a step back and actually thought about the time/effort involved collating this information and keeping their site updated? As has been suggested on the other topic, why don't your devote YOUR time and effort towards pulling this information together and, as has been offered by the owner of the site, supply this to them so that it can be added to the site? If you aren't willing to spend your time doing this, what right have you to criticise the fact that they don't spend their time?!

• Like 1

Is there any indication that we will see South African rider Byron Bekker with a club in 2014? Injury has dogged his career in recent seasons.

I have checked his previous career details which are as follows - with acknowledgments and thanks to the website concerned.

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/223

What is it with you, why so meddlesome, is it boredom, frustration? Either way give it a rest you sad old man.

• Like 3

What is it with you, why so meddlesome, is it boredom, frustration? Either way give it a rest you sad old man.

I was interested in Byron Bekker because some years ago at Wimbledon, I was introduced to him by the South African speedway journalist Ken MacLeod and former England test rider Dave Collins. I was reminded then by them that Byron was the son of a former South African rider Johnny Bekker.

Byron's name again came up for me earlier today when I was visiting a site dedicated to international midget car racing. It seemed the Bekker family have an interest in the cars. That caused me to wonder if Byron was still in the UK and if so was there a chance he was considering a return to British speedway racing in 2014. This all led to my initial query in regard to him.

Edited by Guest

I was interested in Byron Bekker because some years ago at Wimbledon, I was introduced to him by the South African speedway journalist Ken MacLeod and former England test rider Dave Collins. I was reminded then by them that Byron was the son of a former South African rider Johnny Bekker.

Byron's name again came up for me earlier today when I was visiting a site dedicated to international midget car racing. It seemed the Bekker family have an interest in the cars. That caused me to wonder if Byron was still in the UK and if so was there a chance he was considering a return to British speedway racing in 2014. This all led to my initial query in regard to him.

For the purposes of clarity I'll continue with you. Fair enough, it's a good place to ask that question. Why did you post a link to the very site you have been trying to discredit on another thread here? Go on explain.

Hmm, it's hardly anyone's fault other than the people who's website it is, that when a Racing Career Record site shows the complete absense of accurate info. (in this case missing out most of a rider's career!)someone is going to point out this ommission. The person pointing it out this time being the Third Tier's most distinguished historian and statistician, Mr. Vasey.

And for those who've not followed the other thread, please note the people who compile this website have said it leaves out the CL/NL records not because of problems in updating these but as a deliberate policy because those behind the site regard CL/NL racing as 'junior' and of no interest.

Fair enough if that's their opinion but then they need to take it on the chin when others comment on this and criticise such a premise.

Two things are quite obvious

1.Gustix posted this to get the website noticed for his own and Parsloes agenda

2.Parsloes should now be busy finding the missing details and supply them as we are all waiting for the site to be updated with all the deleted files as he has been challenged to do.He is so outraged at the moment,but once he can see clearly again i am sure he will meet that challnge

For the purposes of clarity I'll continue with you. Fair enough, it's a good place to ask that question. Why did you post a link to the very site you have been trying to discredit on another thread here? Go on explain.

When I made an inquiry elsewhere on the BSF in regard to Garry Havelock and his links to Poole, I was advised to use that website to find his racing background. In regard to Byron Bekker when I asked if there was a chance of him riding in 2014, I did not ask details in regard to his British clubs but followed that advice and placed the link in my message.

Initially, I made no reference that his Third Tier career was not mentioned. That fact was pointed out by a much respected figure in speedway, a man who is also involved in writing and publishing speedway history data.

Edited by Guest

2.Parsloes should now be busy finding the missing details and supply them as we are all waiting for the site to be updated with all the deleted files as he has been challenged to do.He is so outraged at the moment,but once he can see clearly again i am sure he will meet that challnge

Hold on, the data isn't "missing" (you're thinking of the Lost City of Altantis!!) it has been deliberately left out!

As all the data on CL/NL racing and riders' records is contained in Malcolm's superbly detailed books it would actually be a simple task to update - it's not there, not because it's some strange hidden data no one can access without years of research, it's missing because that one site CHOOSES to omit it because they don't have any regard for that part of Speedway in this country.

They maintain this view that it's 'junior' and not worth any consideration, even though the league racing records of the World Champion and all his team-mates in the current Team GB squad are inaccurate as a result!!

'Course it's easy when it's someone else doing it! I take it you're turning down my offer then, Parsloes? You're not going to be the change you want to see in the world?

Edited by June01
  • Like 1