British Speedway Forum
SCB

Fao The Big Cry Babies

You're posting on a discussion forum, the important word being "discussion" if you don't want people disagreeing with you or discussing don't post. People who disagree with you are not trolls. If someone says you are wrong explain why you're right.

Stop behaving like 5 year olds who can only see one side of an argument or discussion.

You're posting on a discussion forum, the important word being "discussion" if you don't want people disagreeing with you or discussing don't post. People who disagree with you are not trolls. If someone says you are wrong explain why you're right.

Stop behaving like 5 year olds who can only see one side of an argument or discussion.

Great Thread - good luck with it SCB. :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Crumbs that rules out about 50 per cent of the posters on here!

• Like 2

​Words of wisdom and excellent to read SCB. And in some cases of the sort that you refer to, it appears that batches of Posters assume the same stance and join in make a specific target of a person, not only when making a reply, but even using them as as 'a target figure' for use in a Post where their victim was NEVER primarily involved.

In some instances their 'continual onslaught' can make a person's life a misery but that presumably is the 'attacking' Posters objective? I now await 'the flak to fly' against me - AGAIN! :unsure:

::: I have drawn attention to this thread in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS under the NEWBIE HERE item.

its common on all groups - the newspaper ones are the same - its just the lack of common courtesy that anonymity seems to allow online. It wouldn't happen face to face. Plus you lose all kind of nuances like facial expression, tone of voice, etc - often postings and emails are much harsher because of this, Humour and sarcasm are very difficult to pll off in writing and that causes problems sometimes.

Also it gets a bit choppy here because of the parlous state of the sport.

Also some people are just tw*ts

• Like 4

its common on all groups - the newspaper ones are the same - its just the lack of common courtesy that anonymity seems to allow online. It wouldn't happen face to face. Plus you lose all kind of nuances like facial expression, tone of voice, etc - often postings and emails are much harsher because of this, Humour and sarcasm are very difficult to pll off in writing and that causes problems sometimes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well said ch958. I understand fully what you are saying but sadly in time some Posters move beyond what you outline and start to follow and comment on the majority of Posts one makes.

Frequently they go beyond just responding to what one has said but start to reflect personal animosity and a tendency to belittle not only the message but the actual person who made the initial Post. That is attack on the Poster and not the Post.

The vindictiveness shows often when a new thread is started and there follows IMO a concentrated campaign to not only denigrate the subject but also to place responses that have no real connection with the topic and appear designed to belittle the original poster as well as the topic that was put forward for debate.

::: I have drawn attention to this thread in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS under the NEWBIE HERE item.

How do you do that blue writing link to something ?

Worth repeating :approve:

How do you do that blue writing link to something ?

TBH in doing this I surprised myself. It was a hit-and-miss effort on my part TBH. As I remember I just copied and pasted the item Links now showing and they came up in blue - I was, to say the least, rather but pleasantly surprised things worked as they did in the original Post for the Link.

​I don't dispute either comment and respect what they say. The problem arises whentheads deviate from the actual topic under debate and degenerate into what could be termed as a 'slanging match.'

That's when there are 'snide' comments about the actual Poster - efforts being made to belittle him and to completely destroy a thread that has been created.

This happens when unrelated items appear - in a recent car race topic I created it started to include photos of pop stars simply because their name was similar to the car formula being discussed. As when the Poster is criticised and faults found with his efforts - like a mistake this Poster made some six years ago, for which he was punished by the forum, banned for a period, then when readmitted to the BSF admitted his fault yet still has to face repeated references about this happening.

Edited by Guest

Not it's not and because you think it is you're a smelly troll!