British Speedway Forum

Gp Positions-how Is This Worked Out?

Hi,

Apologises if this has been posted, but I am trying to work out what the criteria is for when riders in the GP finish on the same number of points. This is mainly for those who do not qualify for the semi-finals.

Looking at the Speedwayworld website for the European GP, there seems no logic for to how they have listed riders finishing positions.

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/qual06europ/m2133

I would have thought it went on wins, seconds, thirds,etc, then when the riders met, but looking at the positions quoted for the European GP, Iversen (31020) I can understand, but Kasprzak (22011) is listed above Bjarne Pedersen (10131) and not sure how this is worked out.

Anyone ideas on how they worked this one?

Thanks

Greg.

I've noticed the same. But in all honesty it doesn't really matter, it's the points that count. When deciding who's riding in the semi's it goes: wins, second's, third's, fourth's. A zero is better than a F, X or similar.

When deciding the final results, it goes: first's, second's, thirds, fourth's, when met.

Hi,

Apologises if this has been posted, but I am trying to work out what the criteria is for when riders in the GP finish on the same number of points.  This is mainly for those who do not qualify for the semi-finals.

Looking at the Speedwayworld website for the European GP, there seems no logic for to how they have listed riders finishing positions.

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/qual06europ/m2133

I would have thought it went on wins, seconds, thirds,etc, then when the riders met, but looking at the positions quoted for the European GP, Iversen (31020) I can understand, but Kasprzak (22011) is listed above Bjarne Pedersen (10131) and not sure how this is worked out.

Anyone ideas on how they worked this one?

Thanks

Greg.

This is long winded so please bare with me. I have an official press guide and in there it states as follows

After the completion of heat 20

When establishing the order between the riders in the list of intermediate classification at the conclusion of heat 20 and for the purpose of deciding riders qualification for the semi finals, ties will be solved as follows:

a. Precedence will be given to the riders (tied on race points) having the most number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th placings (a"0" for last placing is better than being disqualified for whatever reason.)

b. If the tie still persists & involves only 2 riders, precedence will be given to the better placed rider in the heat where the 2 riders met.

c. If the tie still persists and involves more than 2 riders, it shall be checked whether there is a possibility to determine a proper precedence (e.g. 3 riders tied on points: A, B, C:

rider A has beaten rider B

rider A has beaten rider C

Rider B has beaten rider C

Then the precedence will be: best position for rider A, then rider B and then rider C.

d. If solutions a, b and c cannot resolve the tie, then the lowest riding number jacket will be deemed the better placed rider.

Apologies if you already read this elsewhere.