British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Millard V Pearson

Nice to see the "alternative" spelling of Simota on the captions throughout the heat in question: "L - E - M - O - N", I believe.

Not that there's an ything wrong with the odd skrewed up titel ;)

Edited by bobtasker

Far be it from me to express an opinion that isn't in line with Company Policy, but I wonder if anyone has suggested that the reason the fans "turn out in their thousands for the playoffs" is because if your team makes it to the last four you're almost obliged to turn out - otherwise it makes the rest of the summer less than worthwhile.

Not necessarily true though because I think you'll find a great number of neutral supporters turn up to watch the play-offs as well. I spotted quite a lot at Peterborough tonight.

Don't think much of either, although to be fair, it is a difficult job.

Howver, Pearson is a spoon, so can never agree him at all. :D

Remember "form is temporary class is permanent"

I recently conducted a poll here in Canada and the legend that is Keith (sorry Tony) Millard came out clearly in front

Oddly enough, I equally conducted a poll with the hard of hearing here in Europe and Millard came out on top of that too.

That's why some of us allow our live commentary teams to get on with it - without interuptions via their headphones!!! :D

A written list of instructions starting with "Cliche's should be avoided like the plague seemed to work for Ollie and Ken?  :lol:

Tune in to our programme on Motors TV Sky channel 413 on October the 15th to see what we mean!  :P

Blast I knew we both should have took reading lessons before we took this on!

I'd go - strangely enough - with Millard. Okay, he may get things wrong, but he doesn't constantly come out with such nonsense as "Simon Stead a GO star of the future". Stead isn't good enough and never will be good enough for the GPs. Why insult the viewing publics' intelligence?

At leats when Nigel got the Lemon/Simota thing wrong, he admitted to it and apologised! Millard on the other hand never knows!

I'd go - strangely enough - with Millard. Okay, he may get things wrong, but he doesn't constantly come out with such nonsense as "Simon Stead a GO star of the future".

Millard's nonsense line last night during 1 race was "Nicholls catches up with himself" :blink::D

Blast I knew we both should have took reading lessons before we took this on!

Too late! :D

Millard knows more about the dog than he does about speedway :unsure:

Edited by JJ

Millard knows more about the dog than he does about speedway  :unsure:

Not really. I told him Thomas came from a rescue and Tony said, 'He was rescued from a home.' Although it was amusing. :D

I like Millard, he may not be accurate, but he's enthusiastic! :P

Don't think much of either, although to be fair, it is a difficult job.

Howver, Pearson is a spoon, so can never agree him at all. :D

Now that's a dilemma. A Spoon or a gibbering idiot. :blink:

Same thing really :D

For anyone interested, Nigel Pearson is part of Sky's coverage of the World Darts Championship from Purfleet today. He has a match later this evening, scheduled to start around 10pm, which will see him share the mic. with speedway commentating legend Dave Lanning, so we'll see how well they work together!