British Speedway Forum
Parsloes 1928 nearly

League Tables On Itv Teletext

Is it just me, but I'm growing increasingly frustrated that - though they were kept up to date fairly well through the main body of the season... - the League tables on ITV Teletext (page 487) haven't been updated for weeks and weeks now!! :shock:

It would be nice to turn to that page and see the Crusaders without that 'nil points' to our name!!! :wink:

I see that things like 'Edinburgh are champs' and even post-play off 'Poole are champions' have been added as comments; but surely someone responsible could bring the tables into the "modern world" too.

Sorry Fen Tigers' fans..: I know this won't help your mood!! :oops:

Use sky text.

If the BSPA site is still showing last years final PL table, then why should ITV be any different?

The BSPA site is showing this year's final PL table, along with all of the other final tables, all of which have been sent out to the media contacts.

If the BSPA site is still showing last years final PL table, then why should ITV be any different?

It's not the PL table that's not been updated on Teletext (eventually that was.. :rolleyes: ), it's the Conference one..!! :angry:

The BSPA site is showing this year's final PL table, along with all of the other final tables, all of which have been sent out to the media contacts.

My link gives me all the up to date information except the PL league table. Can't explain it, but I know what I'm looking at. Other links on this thread take me to the same site, with a 2008 PL final table.

And the last time I looked there is no mention of Weymouth being crowned CL Champions unless you look in the CL Press Release bit.

Jules

My link gives me all the up to date information except the PL league table. Can't explain it, but I know what I'm looking at. Other links on this thread take me to the same site, with a 2008 PL final table.

So what link are you using to view the PL table?

The link I posted above is to the 2008 PL table and is the one that is linked into the PL Main Menu on the BSPA website.

So what link are you using to view the PL table?

The link I posted above is to the 2008 PL table and is the one that is linked into the PL Main Menu on the BSPA website.

ALL Leagues now updated on Teletext - HOW it took them so long I don't know. :rolleyes:

Why can't we have one page for the News and a seperate one for the Results/Fixtures. Mid Season it is a right pain having to wait for ten or so pages to go through before the News turns up. This should not be too difficult in this day and age. :angry:

ALL Leagues now updated on Teletext - HOW it took them so long I don't know. :rolleyes:

Why can't we have one page for the News and a seperate one for the Results/Fixtures. Mid Season it is a right pain having to wait for ten or so pages to go through before the News turns up. This should not be too difficult in this day and age. :angry:

What do you need teletext for - you're on the internet :blink:

Amazed anyone still uses teletext these days - it's so 1980s :wink:

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

Because when I get up in the morning the first thing I do is to go through my regular Text pages. National News, Speedway, Football, Cricket, Local News. I find it very useful. I do not put my PC on until about lunchtime.

By the way - I was born in the 1940's - I still read Newspapers and Books. ;)

Because when I get up in the morning the first thing I do is to go through my regular Text pages. National News, Speedway, Football, Cricket, Local News. I find it very useful. I do not put my PC on until about lunchtime.

By the way - I was born in the 1940's - I still read Newspapers and Books. ;)

Don't get me wrong - books are great. I read a lot.

In my wardbrodes, the clothes are squashed together in the top half on one, and the other one-and-half consist of Speedway Stars. :rolleyes:

But teletext went out with the ark - along with the ZX Spectrum and shell-suits. :wink:

All the best

Rob

All the best

Rob

Yes but Teletext DOES still exist and I can see no reason why therefore it shouldn't be kept correctly up to date..

Ironically it was nearly all season, but at the 'business-end' of the campaign the updating of the league tables just plain stopped. Which is daft!

And seeing Sittingbourne stiuck on "nil points" when we'd won a bloody match (and no, Rob, it wasn't when I wasn't there this time!! :wink: ) got more than a bit tiresome.

Also many people I predict do actually look at the Speedway pages on Teletext... :rolleyes: