British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bubble

King Cinder ( Bbc1 Series)

Why not ask the BBC if they could show it again, it's not like the showing of repeats is alien territory to them.

I'd think that BritBox which as far as i know the BBC are one of the partners in, would be more or less an ideal channel for King Cinder and other similar programmes to be shown.

• Thanks 1

Yes I would have said that Britbox was perfect for this! Would the rights issues be as complicated if it was hosted online rather than selling it as physical media? not sure.

I seem to remember King Cinder being filmed at Rye House, is that right?

1 hour ago, HackneyHawk said:

Yes I would have said that Britbox was perfect for this! Would the rights issues be as complicated if it was hosted online rather than selling it as physical media? not sure.

I seem to remember King Cinder being filmed at Rye House, is that right?

Yes it was filmed at Rye House.

Posted (edited)

I loved King Cinder, used to rush back from school to watch, even non-fans watched it, 'missed' detention and after school activities if necessary; at times you have to do what you have to do.  Often thought Colin Richardson would have made an excellent stunt double for actor Peter 'Blue Peter' Duncan as they looked a bit alike, would be great to see it again, guess a lot depends if it is stored and preserved in the BBC archives.....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling (sigh)
  • Like 1

I'm sure that I've mentioned it before but I used to have the paperbook book of the story.

Posted (edited)

Britbox contacted

Edited by rearingtogo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello,

We're adding lots of shows and will have a wide range of boxsets from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 archives.

We can't confirm if "King Cinder" will be one of them as, although we will expect BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5 and ITV shows to be made available on BritBox, it depends on licencing and securing rights from show producers. Many thanks for the great suggestion though! We'll be sure to pass it to our content team as we're always eager to know what our members would like to see.

If you have more questions or need some help, check our Frequently Asked Questions atbritbox.co.uk/help or drop us a line.

Best wishes,
Alex
The BritBox Team.

Edited by rearingtogo

I now urge everyone interested to contact britbox as I did to push the chance of it being screened. The more numbers , better the chance.

• Like 1