British Speedway Forum

Sky Sports El Star Rider Of The Year 2013 Is.......................

If its just on league performances why in the opening post does it say about him reaching the GP;s

Last year I was fully amazed at how much Tai developed on and off the track and he reaped the rewards by lifting the World Title despite many thinking he would finish 15th just 12 months ago !!

However on EL performances, I haveto say that Neils K Iversen was amazing and possibly deserves the award more than anyone and while I appreciate Smolinski had a big year, Tai and Niels were head and shoulders above anyone else ...... including Darcy !!

Don't forget - Darcy was injured - or he would have conquered the world :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The usual suspects just can't resist the urge for a pop at darcy. Think you got sucked into that one guys.

Smolinksi, woffinden or Doyle would have been worthy winners.

Kildemand for me, increased his average by well over a point, and the best visiting rider at the Showground last year by a country mile. Mr entertainment....

Yes. PK would have been my choice based on exciting rider and his improvement. As the title suggests though - we are talking about Star quality!!! ;)

The usual suspects just can't resist the urge for a pop at darcy. Think you got sucked into that one guys.

I think you'll find I was having a pop at some Poole fans :wink:

I am a big fan of Darcy's and he has the talent to be a multiple world champion but he simply isn't there yet - he needs to work on the full package and not just rely on his raw talent

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

I am a big fan of Darcy's and he has the talent to be a multiple world champion but he simply isn't there yet - he needs to work on the full package and not just rely on his raw talent

I am the same "Steve if people don't get excited watching him ride then they might as well give up.If everything clicks for him and has a bit of luck along the way he has every chance.Puk is the one that has impressed me,always have rated him ever since his Newport days is dedicated really has worked at it and i would be very happy if he made it to be WC one day. Edited by sidney
  • Like 1

I knew when I posted my Darcy message that the usual anti Poole suspects would be all over it like a rash and not just because it was Darcy, but Poole speedway in general and as usual, they replied!

It's always nice as well to show and remind them just who are the current Elite League Champions..... It always seems to go down so well! :lol:

For the record and taking into account his form throughout the season, I would have liked to see Niels K Iversen be declared the EL top rider 2013. I also found some of the other riders mentioned interesting choices.

Up the Pirates :t:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Well said Steve0, but we will still be anti Poole/anti ward despite those comments of course. :rofl:

Surely Jonasson?

Poole were 7/8th before he came and his partnership with Darcy was a 5-1 guarantee.. IT was like putting two heat-leaders at 1 and 2.

THJ = 9 paid wins (+11 wins) while riding at #2 in 11 meetings (49 rides) = 18% (41%) and failed to score in 12 races

Ty Proctor 16 paid wins (+7 wins) at #2 in just 9 meetings (37 rides) = 43% (62%) and failed to score in 4 races

So going on your method there is only one clear winner ;)

Edited by T.N.T.

Jonasson has had better seasons, and spent alot of time being injured for Poole. Personally I feel the correct candidate should be a rider who started the season in the league and finished it.

THJ = 9 paid wins (+11 wins) while riding at #2 in 11 meetings (49 rides) = 18% (41%) and failed to score in 12 races

Ty Proctor 16 paid wins (+7 wins) at #2 in just 9 meetings (37 rides) = 43% (62%) and failed to score in 4 races

So going on your method there is only one clear winner ;)

There's a huge difference between scoring points at the start of the season and in the play-off's/end of season run in.

Pressure and bottle and THJ stepped up when it mattered.

There's a huge difference between scoring points at the start of the season and in the play-off's/end of season run in.

Pressure and bottle and THJ stepped up when it mattered.

Injuries cost Wolves big time, especially with Ty as he was averaging just under 9 a matchwhen his season finished

THJ scored 22+8 in the play offs from 18 rides. That's an average of just 4.89 or 6.31 with bonus points

He did well for Poole ..................... But he still can't match TY PROCTOR ;)

So you keep saying - but not according to the official BSPA figures! You know, the ones teams use for team building purposes!!

So those aren't the averages from 2013 then.

Thankyou for confirming what you have been claiming is incorrect.

Tai Woffinden was top of the EL averages in 2013.

Rolling averages are something quite different.

• Like 1

So those aren't the averages from 2013 then.

Thankyou for confirming what you have been claiming is incorrect.

Tai Woffinden was top of the EL averages in 2013.

Rolling averages are something quite different.

Chris Holder's was 9.23 when his season finished - the average that he would come in on when he rides EL this or next season!

In other words if the final list had included Holder, he would have been at the top of it! :approve:

Edited by Skidder1

Chris Holder's was 9.25 when his season finished - the average that he would come in on when he rides EL this or next season!

In other words if the final list had included Holder, he would have been at the top of it! :approve:

Yes his average was 9.25, based upon his rolling average, not including bonus pts, which includes meetings from 2012.

You are claiming he was the top rider in 2013, thus 2012 is irrelevant.

2013 averages

Tai Woffinden 9.93

Chris Holder 9.69

Edited by BWitcher