British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2016

Alex2000

Not a fan of the play offs but i guess its kept the league open for fans to follow other wise it was all over in August, Ask Belle Vue about the pain but it was good for the sport and good for the fans but not everyone is going to win.

Looking forward to this one tonight but cant get there so will listen to it on the radio live tonight.

Can someone remind me what radio station its on?

Guest GiveusaB

Great to hear such sportsmanship amongst Brummies/Eastbourne fans.......much more mature than the squabbling Elite league bunch !!!

Anyone know who's guesting for Birmingham on Sunday ?

Shanes can be good at Arlington but at the same time nothing special. If memory recalls he went unbeaten in his first 3 last time but then trailed by about 1/4 of a straight in the last 2 races

Shanes can be good at Arlington but at the same time nothing special. If memory recalls he went unbeaten in his first 3 last time but then trailed by about 1/4 of a straight in the last 2 races

That my whole point, unbeaten in three would take a load of points off our top four making an even bigger mountain to climb for the reserves. If James gets 9 in any manner on Sunday the Brummies will be delighted and it would be a big improvement on Davey's 5 on Wednesday.

We always knew it would be tight over 2 legs, but although Shanes will probably score twice as many as Davey did, even if the Brummie reserves take the reserve races won't score anywhere near the amount they did at home. Lining up nicely for both competitions, reacon both second legs will be a catch up for the home side, hopefully we can have a bigger lead to take to Birmingham for the league than 6,may guess is 49/41. Must say I find James Shanes the most exciting opposing rider to watch,so bodes well for a cracking meeting.

Can't think Brennen and Harris will only score 1 point between them, so if the top end do the business again think it'll be a similar score. Will be quite tight at Arlington as well,but if we can restrict it to a 4 point loss again at Perry Barr, think we'll have taken a bigger lead than that to the second leg . Should be 4 cracking meetings in the 2 competitions as it's too close to call home and away.

Did I really say that !

Edited by gazzac

• 2 weeks later...

So

2015 Eastbourne & Birmingham join NL

2015 Birmingham win league & fours

2015 Eastbourne win gold cup, national trophy (no Birmingham) Ko cup

2015 Eastbourne league runners up

2016 Birmingham win league and national trophy (no Eastbourne)

2016 Eastbourne win KO cup

2016 Eastbourne league runners up

I think it's fair to say theses two teams are now the front runners and Cradley aren't what they were although not far behind with a 4th place finish

Oh i bet your happy with the play offs returning---2016 NL CHAMPIONS well done :t:

As I said with the play offs in place---2016 NL Champions--as nailed on as Poole winning the EL :neutral:

Who's the Champions buddy--on a level playing field i would back us every day but under the play off system no way

Yes Ben as you allude to the title is Eastbournes already under the play-off system :t:

Eastbourne 2016 Champions without any doubt :t:

Play off system= Eastbourne will always win in the end

Just to let you know you know all i've been to all of the Brummies meetings home and AWAY bar one----have you done that for your team; hmmmm still congratulations on winning the NL and KO Cup rain or not as over 2 legs your home advantage will be the deciding factor.

The fact still remains we are the best team in the League this year and i have been there to see it all and will be at all our remaining fixtures win or lose.

Ooopps....