Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

this quiet year has been a holiday for the locals, they've enjoyed the peace - they'd be in for a shock when the racing starts and there'll be hell on. Possibly all part of the plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 7:51 AM, steve roberts said:

This has to be one of the longest ever sagas within speedway circles?

It's not even close.

Bristol, Milton Keynes, Reading & Torquay United are all awaiting a new stadium from Mr Osbourne as promised.

At least the new Swindon stadium is built & safe in storage at a Unicorn farm in Wales

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Technik said:

It's not even close.

Bristol, Milton Keynes, Reading & Torquay United are all awaiting a new stadium from Mr Osbourne as promised.

At least the new Swindon stadium is built & safe in storage at a Unicorn farm in Wales

Ah yes! Clark Osbourne...remember him when he 'sold' Cowley Stadium in 1975 until the SOS Committee (one of which was my uncle) saved the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Technik said:

It's not even close.

Bristol, Milton Keynes, Reading & Torquay United are all awaiting a new stadium from Mr Osbourne as promised.

At least the new Swindon stadium is built & safe in storage at a Unicorn farm in Wales

Indeed... It was 2007 when he told us we would see the new stadium going up next to Smallmead during the 2008 season. I do believe that was also one of the early promises to Swindon fans before they decided to rebuild the existing stadium. I hope with all my heart Swindon doesn't go the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 8:37 AM, Ghosty said:

If work hasn't started on the "new" stadium I can't see it ever happening. Time a protest Swindon fans. Anyone know where Mr Osbourne lives?

 

Come on you Swindon fans - you have to make yourselves heard. The management are in a difficult position - they don't what to pi££ off their Landlords.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, skydog said:

Indeed... It was 2007 when he told us we would see the new stadium going up next to Smallmead during the 2008 season. I do believe that was also one of the early promises to Swindon fans before they decided to rebuild the existing stadium. I hope with all my heart Swindon doesn't go the same way.

I'm still waiting for the new Long Eaton stadium... last I heard was about 20 years ago when the were just doting the i's and crossing the t's... believe it when your in it

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iainb said:

I'm still waiting for the new Long Eaton stadium... last I heard was about 20 years ago when the were just doting the i's and crossing the t's... believe it when your in it

Those i's and t's are very time consuming, I'm sure you'll have your new stadium soon...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I see unlike Poole, the dogs are still running at Swindon. The stadium is still operational, so speedway should have a chance of returning, if it remains open.

Edited by cityrebel
Spelling mistake
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then there is my beloved Norwich and the promised new tracks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy