British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Most definitely in

Undecided, but would like to know what we get for our contribution of about £60 million a day, preferably our net cost. The only information that I can find is that we import a lot more from the eu than we export to them, it is also difficult to confirm any balance of payment figures and if we stand at a net payment gain or loss.

• Like 1

Every major industry will vacate these shores..so that would be goodbye to Honda in Swindon :nono:

Every major industry will vacate these shores..so that would be goodbye to Honda in Swindon :nono:

This is a claim put about by the stay in brigade but as more than 50% of the Honda production is to non European countries it is unlikely to happen. Just look at the export figures to the eu.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3019752/Honda-invests-200m-Swindon-plant-build-generation-Civic-export-Japan-Britain-s-car-boom-continues.html

Even if we are out Honda would still export to eu countries, as would Nissan and the other car plants and they would buy the Hondas etc from us as they sell us a lot of cars manufactured in the eu, probably more than they import from us.

Edited by A ORLOV

The trade issue is a scare tactic I believe.

Companies won't leave these shores and the Big German car companies won't spit the dummy if we come out,they will still send metal here.

Granted we may need to pay fees like the Scandinavians but we can keep our contribution monies so I guess that's a win win.

We can sort our own laws and tax rates as we see fit.Looks a non brainer to me.

Time to give Brussels/Strasbourg the FINGER

• Thanks 1

This is a claim put about by the stay in brigade but as more than 50% of the Honda production is to non European countries it is unlikely to happen. Just look at the export figures to the eu.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-3019752/Honda-invests-200m-Swindon-plant-build-generation-Civic-export-Japan-Britain-s-car-boom-continues.html

Even if we are out Honda would still export to eu countries, as would Nissan and the other car plants and they would buy the Hondas etc from us as they sell us a lot of cars manufactured in the eu, probably more than they import from us.

Why ask the question then if you've already decided on the answer?

I think the point is though, that no-one really knows for sure how it would influence the likes of Honda, so why actually take the gamble? As a business owner, I'd rather be inside the world's largest economic bloc than outside of it, but the UKIPers think they know better...

Granted we may need to pay fees like the Scandinavians but we can keep our contribution monies so I guess that's a win win.

We can sort our own laws and tax rates as we see fit.Looks a non brainer to me.

All the Scandinavians are in the EU except Norway, and even Norway signs-up to EU precepts because they want to trade as an equal partner. How on earth would it be an advantage to relinquish a say in making those precepts?

We can 'sort out our own laws' all we like, but the way of the world is increasingly multinational agreements.

So Scotland may leave the UK if we leave the eu, that is one vote and two plusses :wink:

what a bonus that would be!! then we can certainly (in her words) lock her out of downing street!

Why ask the question then if you've already decided on the answer?

I think the point is though, that no-one really knows for sure how it would influence the likes of Honda, so why actually take the gamble? As a business owner, I'd rather be inside the world's largest economic bloc than outside of it, but the UKIPers think they know better...

All the Scandinavians are in the EU except Norway, and even Norway signs-up to EU precepts because they want to trade as an equal partner. How on earth would it be an advantage to relinquish a say in making those precepts?

We can 'sort out our own laws' all we like, but the way of the world is increasingly multinational agreements.

So no one knows how getting out will influence the likes of Honda, but lets stay in, even though being in the eu costs a fortune and more importantly it appears that the eu is gradually increasing its control of all the countries within it. If the eu is just a large trading area that is fine but it appears to be wanting to centralise more and more organisations and control.

• Like 2

out out out out, IN.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, NO!!! :nono: :nono:

• Like 1

Out, and stay out. Europe is financially corrupt and broken..

• Like 3

So Scotland may leave the UK if we leave the eu, that is one vote and two plusses :wink:

And England would be a much smaller country with a lot less clout. Sadly not much chance of getting a sensible debate on this subject.

And England would be a much smaller country with a lot less clout. Sadly not much chance of getting a sensible debate on this subject.

I am not sure that holds true.Lot of the time foreign politicians say "England" anyway when talking about the UK,even today.You even get news items on foreign channels that get it all wrong.Sure I saw in recent times an item that mentioned Wales,England,as if Wales was a town in England