British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You could have done it. I already pointed out for a few years countries have had an agreement in health issues to do their own thing !!

No we couldn't according to the guv

7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You could have done it. I already pointed out for a few years countries have had an agreement in health issues to do their own thing !!

So why did 27 countries wait if they could have ordered there own, without the buying power of course.

8 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Not according to VDL .
"The only framework we are negotiating in is as 27. We do this together, and no member state on this legal-binding basis is allowed to negotiate in parallel or to have a contract in parallel," the president of the EU executive, Germany's Ursula von der Leyen, told reporters on Friday (8 January).

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

This as much as anything demonstrates the incompetence of the Johnson government...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-visa-free-work-musicians-eu-brexit-b1784600.html

The UK music industry would benefit far more than the EU music industry, but Brexit ideology must get in the way of any economic sense... :rolleyes:

Iron maiden will be gutted to cross the eu off its next world tour. But of course , a bit of paperwork that takes 20 mins and its all go.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HA still seems to think leaving the EU was all about trade which, of course, it wasn't. 

So was it closet racism then,  a la Sidney the Robin's reasons for leaving ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Badge said:

No we couldn't according to the guv

Well I posted the details that said they could a few weeks back. Hungary got the Russian vaccine and it seems Germany have also got extra supplies, 

https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/150554

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

So was it closet racism then,  a la Sidney the Robin's reasons for leaving ?

NO it wasn't

6 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Well I posted the details that said they could a few weeks back. Hungary got the Russian vaccine and it seems Germany have also got extra supplies, 

Germany got 30 million doses behind the eu's back. But nothing will get said. So much for solidarity eh ? And you've just posted the same link that i did earlier ya div

:D

Edited by Phlipphlopp

15 minutes ago, iris123 said:

So do as I say you serfs, not as I do :P

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

What ? How about being a month in front of your beloved eu in vaccinating people ? Something we couldnt have done as eu members , solidarity nonesense and all that ? Seems you have a very selective memory , but we're used to your inane pro eu rants so its no biggy :D

What a load of rubbish.....

22 minutes ago, dj350z said:

What a load of rubbish.....

Being in the eu you mean ? Yes , i agree.....:D

37 minutes ago, Badge said:

Well actually yes and no.

Seems I was right that you can do your own deal, but in the middle of last year all 27 countries agreed they would do a joint deal. Then some done their own anyway

https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/commission-takes-evasive-action-over-germanys-vaccine-side-deal/

1 hour ago, Badge said:

How did Ipswich get on v Swindon Pat ? :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Iron maiden will be gutted to cross the eu off its next world tour. But of course , a bit of paperwork that takes 20 mins and its all go.

Usual Brexiteer blasé attitude. As ever, you demonstrate absolutely no conception of the realities. :rolleyes:

Most bands are not Iron Maiden (or The Who for the matter), and even for well-established bands, touring can be quite marginal. Add in the visa costs for the band members and roadies, and that can be a sizeable chunk of any profits, plus all the bureaucratic requirements of proving you're an artist of sufficient standing, needing x amount in your bank account, and so on...

Why do you think the music industry is currently up in arms about having been sold out by the UK government?