British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WE are not a third country (except in your eyes, being anti-British) ... US and Australia unlike Northern Ireland not part of the United Kingdom ... what has what was on the bus got to do with it? 

It's nothing to do with what I, or for that matter you think. The UK legally has third country status with respect to the EU, because it insisted on having that status so it could diverge from EU tariffs and standards. 

It also doesn't matter what you think about Northern Ireland. It had to remain aligned with EU regulations to avoid border controls with the Republic, which means those border controls have to move between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK. There's several examples of different customs regimes even within the EU, so it's hardly a unique situation.

If none of this was explained on the side of the bus when Boris and Farage told their pack of lies, then there's no point complaining about it now. I knew it would be an issue and pointed it out years ago, but was told I was 'overcomplicating' things... :D

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

The Prime Minister told the Commons: "The position of Northern Ireland within the UK internal market is rock solid and guaranteed... 

Except he's telling another one of his porkies, or is too thick to understand what he signed up to. But then most of the Cabinet ministers couldn't be bothered to read the agreement anyway... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Except he's telling another one of his porkies, or is too thick to understand what he signed up to.  :rolleyes:

Could be both.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dj350z said:

Indeed. Why was the agreement signed then? Probably didn’t read that section just like the fisheries minister admitted! 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

MORE likely that no one thought the EU would be so petty... 

No, both sides signed the agreement. Obviously George Useless didn’t read it comprehensively!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dj350z said:

No, both sides signed the agreement. Obviously George Useless didn’t read it comprehensively!

IF it ain't working, which obviously it's not ... fix it. Lord Frost is on the case... 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF it ain't working, which obviously it's not ... fix it. Lord Frost is on the case... 

Shame they didn’t work that out before they signed it!!

And in the meantime businesses burn but you don’t care, just want to point score over the EU.... 

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dj350z said:

And in the meantime businesses burn but you don’t care, just want to point score over the EU.... 

You know it'll never be the fault of the Brexiteers who initiated it, or the clowns in government who negotiated and signed the agreement. The offer was there to stay in the Single Market and/or Customs Union which would have removed all of these complications between the UK and its biggest trading partner, but the UK insisted on cutting its own throat to chase non-existent trade deals with the US and round the other side of the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It's funny how you only pop up when you think you have something to gloat about with respect to the EU. One has to wonder why you - along with so many other (Express-reading in particular) Brexiteers - are still so obsessed with it?

The EU has hardly covered itself it glory over the vaccination programme, but neither does that absolve the UK government's inept handling of COVID from the beginning. Or indeed the inept Brexit deal it negotiated which is now making the economic damage even worse. 

The UK will be back to the EU cap-in-hand to re-negotiate before long. It's already acknowledging it's screwed-up in Northern Ireland where the paramilitaries are also starting to mobilise again. 

I never read the Daily Express old boy.

I don't "think" I have something to gloat about - I KNOW IT!!!

NO - BUT WE HAVE!!!!

As usual from you - no credit on what the Government and NHS have handled brilliantly.

I see Germany has totally about-faced on the Astro/Zeneca Vaccine. They are advising that it IS suitable for over 65's now. Egg on the face or what?

Now we wait for the idiot Macron to do the same - or - maybe not.......................................:rolleyes:

Edited by The White Knight
Forgot to mention something.
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

NO - BUT WE HAVE!!!!

Well brilliant after 124,000 deaths which is 40% more than France which has a similar population. :rolleyes:

The UK economy has also shrunk by 10% compared to 7.4% for the EU, which is the worst for 100 years and getting on for being the worst in recorded history. 

But at least there's (sort of) blue passports again, even if they are French made and you can't actually travel anywhere anymore. :D

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I never read the Daily Express old boy.

I don't "think" I have something to gloat about - I KNOW IT!!!

NO - BUT WE HAVE!!!!

As usual from you - no credit on what the Government and NHS have handled brilliantly.

I see Germany has totally about-faced on the Astro/Zeneca Vaccine. They are advising that it IS suitable for over 65's now. Egg on the face or what?

Now we wait for the idiot Macron to do the same - or - maybe not.......................................:rolleyes:

Yet again you pop up and make a fool of yourself, attacking the wrong target

Germany, Sweden and possibly more weren't convinced because of the total lack of evidence due to lack of testing on the over 65s. There are legal technicalities in some countries. Now it seems they are happy with the results from Scotland and England, so had a re-evaluation. It was always stated they would when more evidence came forth....

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-sweden-cases/update-1-sweden-recommends-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-for-over-65s-health-agency-idUSL5N2L253V

On the other hand what you probably should have been attacking or commenting on was the fact a few countries are not happy with the speed the EU are proceeding with the vaccine campaign and are talking of doing their own deals....Austria is one

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well brilliant after 124,000 deaths which is 40% more than France which has a similar population. :rolleyes:

The UK economy has also shrunk by 10% compared to 7.4% for the EU, which is the worst for 100 years and getting on for being the worst in recorded history. 

But at least there's (sort of) blue passports again, even if they are French made and you can't actually travel anywhere anymore. :D

No mention of France I see, apart from Passports.

The EU, in general, is proving to be useless regarding their Vaccine response.

22 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yet again you pop up and make a fool of yourself, attacking the wrong target

Germany, Sweden and possibly more weren't convinced because of the total lack of evidence due to lack of testing on the over 65s. There are legal technicalities in some countries. Now it seems they are happy with the results from Scotland and England, so had a re-evaluation. It was always stated they would when more evidence came forth....

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-sweden-cases/update-1-sweden-recommends-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-for-over-65s-health-agency-idUSL5N2L253V

On the other hand what you probably should have been attacking or commenting on was the fact a few countries are not happy with the speed the EU are proceeding with the vaccine campaign and are talking of doing their own deals....Austria is one

I don't think I am attacking the wrong target.

Good for Austria though - more strength to their elbow. Their Leader has impressed me at times, not so at other times - this time he is spot on. Good for him.

United Europe - that's a laugh. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The White Knight said:

I don't think I am attacking the wrong target.

Good for Austria though - more strength to their elbow. Their Leader has impressed me at times, not so at other times - this time he is spot on. Good for him.

United Europe - that's a laugh. 

Of course you don't think.....:rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

No mention of France I see, apart from Passports.

Did you miss the part where I pointed out the UK had 40% more COVID deaths than France? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1