British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

1 minute ago, Bluenose said:

You will find that a lot of remainers have changed their mind since the vote,not us brexiteers.

Evidence? 

Just now, Humphrey Appleby said:

Evidence? 

My old schoolteacher. An academic. :D Plenty on twatter from what i've evidenced who voted remain would vote leave after the way the eu has acted recently. They thought that those running the eu were friends and allies , when you can clearly see they are anything but.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

My old schoolteacher. An academic. :D Plenty on twatter from what i've evidenced who voted remain would vote leave after the way the eu has acted recently. They thought that those running the eu were friends and allies , when you can clearly see they are anything but.

Nothing down in Dumnonia or on your Twatter feeds count. Not least because your schoolteacher must be close to pushing up the daisies by now. :D

Let's see something scientifically credible... :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Yes i know a couple of remainers who thought they were right!.

Just now, Bluenose said:

And (at least) three Brexit voters on here have changed their minds. So we're level thus far... :D

• Like 2

Lets get the racing back and we can come off this page.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

And they were.. 

Isn't the shellfish industry about to sue this tory Govt.. 

And all because this Govt have lied and lied and lied..:nono:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phlipphlopp said:

, its not the hokey cokey.

Shame that,it would be the only in,out,in out you would be getting....;):P:D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Evidence? 

Game , set and match i'd say :D Of course you'll try digging and discrediting but thats your usual MO when you dont like evidence :drink:

20 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well they certainly got the part about the bureaucracy and economics wrong, unless they actually wanted more bureaucracy and to be poorer... :rolleyes:

And as for 'sovereignty' - since Brexit the UK has seen the single biggest stripping of citizen rights in history, and the rolling out of a police state.

Well, you’ve certainly proved the point that Brexiteers have more patience than Remoaners, being happy to wait for the teething troubles and Covid to pass.  :)

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
Depends how you ask the question really! Championship point!

Share of people who think Brexit was the right or wrong decision 2020-2021

Published by Statista Research DepartmentMar 15, 2021
 As of March 4, 2021, 45 percent of people in Great Britain thought that it was wrong to leave the European Union, compared with 41 percent who thought it was the right decision. In the actual referendum, which took place on June 23, 2016, leave won 51.9 percent of the votes and remain 48.1 percent, after several polls in the run-up to the referendum put remain slightly ahead.
Edited by dj350z
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well they certainly got the part about the bureaucracy and economics wrong, unless they actually wanted more bureaucracy and to be poorer... :rolleyes:

And as for 'sovereignty' - since Brexit the UK has seen the single biggest stripping of citizen rights in history, and the rolling out of a police state.

The biggest stripping of citizens rights in history  ? How many citizens have been conscripted to stop a bullet at the Somme or get shot out of the sky over Berlin, or sent to an internment camp? 

Rolling out of a Police State ? You mean dancing in the street with  with Extinction Rebellion nutters ?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dj350z said:
Depends how you ask the question really! Championship point!

Share of people who think Brexit was the right or wrong decision 2020-2021

Published by Statista Research DepartmentMar 15, 2021
 As of March 4, 2021, 45 percent of people in Great Britain thought that it was wrong to leave the European Union, compared with 41 percent who thought it was the right decision. In the actual referendum, which took place on June 23, 2016, leave won 51.9 percent of the votes and remain 48.1 percent, after several polls in the run-up to the referendum put remain slightly ahead.

It does depend on how the question is asked , which is why the Express have now published a poll showing more support for staying out.

All it proves is that the polls are unreliable and the public are fickle. It is absolute nonsense to keep quoting them as if they carry any weight.

With advancing technology the world is going to change beyond recognition in a a very short space of time. It is impossible to say where we will be after the next election. 13 months ago nobody could foresee the world we are in today with its economic crisis. We have no way of knowing what will happen or how people will be thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

All it proves is that the polls are unreliable and the public are fickle. It is absolute nonsense to keep quoting them as if they carry any weight. 

Go and look at Nigel Farage's Facebook page, thousands of comments from leave voters, all saying the same.

If they knew an out vote wouldn't stop illegal immigrants, they wouldn't have voted for out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Go and look at Nigel Farage's Facebook page, thousands of comments from leave voters, all saying the same.

If they knew an out vote wouldn't stop illegal immigrants, they wouldn't have voted for out.

How do you know these people are actually Leave Voters ?

Are you gullible enough to believe everything you see on Facebook ?

Anyway Who cares about - Facebook, Opinion Polls, someone whingeing on a forum for years,    etc. etc.

Votes in referendums & elections are the only things that can make any difference

• Like 4