British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Mrs Appleby said there's been quite a shortage of flowers

Perhaps Mrs Air Miles should take a look in my gardens. Flowers in abundance of every variety. Another HA fail :D

Edited by Phlipphlopp

On 4/4/2021 at 9:55 AM, Badge said:

In fact, the interview doesn't actually say Airbus will expand in Britain. It's a bit of a puff piece, but you could just as easily read that they hope to find replacement business when they stop making the A380 wings. 

But let's hope it makes up for the 98% decline in some other exports post-Brexit. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Perhaps Mrs Air Miles should take a look in my gardens. Flowers in abundance of every variety. Another HA fail :D

So it's alright if everyone comes down and picks them out of your garden then? 

Another epic Dashcam fail... :rofl:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

He's not small time , so he keeps telling us :D But he's based abroad now anyway , unless he was telling porkies B)

Edited by Phlipphlopp

5 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

He's not small time , so he keeps telling us :D But he's based abroad now anyway , unless he was telling porkies B)

Another success of Brexit then, forcing people to trade abroad. :rolleyes:

I don't think Steve is involved in the porkie business, which is probably lucky as that's another post-Brexit clusterf**k. :D

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-pig-farmers-boris-johnson-trade-eu-agriculture/

• Like 2

Meanwhile, the problems in NI continue to grow.. 

The violence is increasing and the supermarkets remain far from fully stocked. 

More 'project fear', I hear most of you say.. 

• Sad 3

32 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Meanwhile, the problems in NI continue to grow.. 

The violence is increasing and the supermarkets remain far from fully stocked. 

More 'project fear', I hear most of you say.. 

To be fair, there would appear to be people on both sides just looking for issues to fight over, and play with the Police. When you see them rioting it looks like they are all youngsters, so the issues may not be the original troubles or the border issue.    

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Glad you find it is all a big joke. I am now winding up my flower import business that has been trading successfully for 34 years. It has been a real struggle to keep the business going over the last 4 years but it has gone up another level now not being able to get produce, customers screaming at me and not to mention the VAT issues. I kept the business operating in the vain hope that HMG would negotiate a deal that would help importers such as my company employing 30+ staff and would at the very least support the businesses financially with the extra burden of paperwork and VAT issues that all importers seem to be experiencing. We still have not received the 'doubled up' VAT duty that we had to pay back in January to get HM Customs to release the produce that our customers had ordered and were waiting for.  My bank has been very supportive but the company cannot keep loading up debt that it will struggle to pay back in the longer term and at my time of life I just don't need the extra worry. It is my loyal staff that I really feel for as I know it will very difficult to get another job locally for similar pay.

• Sad 7

On 3/31/2021 at 8:54 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

And please point me in the direction of the survey that concluded the 17 plus million who voted to leave are of inferior intelligence than those that voted to stay.

Shall we start with this one:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/ex-brexit-party-mep-mocked-for-moaning-that-eu-restricted-free-movement-263053/

"I think the EU are crazy to do the exact thing I campaigned for, voted for, convinced others to vote for and told people wouldn't be a problem or affect them"!!!!!

• Haha 2

THIS wasn't supposed to happen was it (:neutral:)...

Britain's growth will outstrip that of the US and Europe next year as its “promising” recovery is powered by the jab rollout triumph and the Chancellor’s extended support, the International Monetary Fund has predicted. The UK and the US were handed big upgrades in more upbeat forecasts from the IMF with Britain set to be the fastest growing advanced economy in 2022.

The IMF's World Economic Outlook predicted bumper UK growth of 5.3pc in 2021 and 5.1pc next year as it catches up following one of the biggest GDP hits from the pandemic. It would mark the strongest growth since 1988 but output is not expected to return to pre-virus levels until next year.

OR this, also from the DT ...

The Labour Party is on course to lose a key "Red Wall" seat in next month's Hartlepool by-election, with a new poll shows the Tories taking a seven-point lead. A telephone poll by Survation showed that Jill Mortimer, the Tory candidate, has support from 49 per cent of voters, while Labour’s Labour's Paul Williams has 42 per cent. A Labour source told The Telegraph the party now expects the seat to turn blue for the first time since 1964. "Labour would have lost Hartlepool in 2019 had it not been for the Brexit Party," the source said. "In the context of the vaccine bounce, the Conservatives should take this seat."

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Britain's growth will outstrip that of the US and Europe next year as its “promising” recovery is powered by the jab rollout triumph and the Chancellor’s extended support, the International Monetary Fund has predicted. The UK and the US were handed big upgrades in more upbeat forecasts from the IMF with Britain set to be the fastest growing advanced economy in 2022.

The IMF's World Economic Outlook predicted bumper UK growth of 5.3pc in 2021 and 5.1pc next year as it catches up following one of the biggest GDP hits from the pandemic. It would mark the strongest growth since 1988 but output is not expected to return to pre-virus levels until next year.

Please tell me you haven't copied and pasted this from an off-shore tax avoiding media title.

Please tell me you actually have some gumption.

Please tell me you have the ability to apply some critical thinking,

Edited by falcace
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

The IMF predicts :rofl::rofl:..... well that is the normal response from Brextremists whenever the IMF or some other organisation makes a prediction

• Haha 1