Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Another remainer thinking he's high and mighty. Seems a thing with them. 

Well we have got it right a lot, and you've got it wrong... :D

Would have thought the fishy smell is really starting to get bad down your way... :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well we have got it right a lot, and you've got it wrong... :D

Nah. You lost. Stop crying and get over yourself. The British people spoke at the ballot box. You , you just ran away. and as far away as its possible from the dysfunctional political project you crave. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, E I Addio said:

 You may wish to recheck that quote and who it came from as you might possibly be in for a W - - - -H.

Be that as it may Philips question was where is the survey that concluded all 17 million that voted leave were thickos ( or words to that effect)

 

I don’t need to check anything. The quote was a sarcastic remark on the Twitter feed. It is Lance Forman’s idiotic comment I don’t think we can measure the impact of 40 years of being in the EU with three months of being out,” he said. “I have not taken away your rights. The EU have. I believe in free movement and free trade.” that needs examining!!!!

Edited by dj350z
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dj350z said:

I don’t need to check anything. The quote was a sarcastic remark on the Twitter feed. It is Lance Forman’s idiotic comment “I don’t think we can measure the impact of 40 years of being in the EU with three months of being out,” he said. “I have not taken away your rights. The EU have. I believe in free movement and free trade.” that needs examining!!!!

It'll never be the fault of the Brexiteers, largely because many of them clearly didn't understand what the EU actually gave them (i.e. free movement and trade).

Of course, these sudden activitists for free movement and trade actually mean that it should be Brits being able to go and freely live in Spain, and to sell Bowyers sausages to the expats there. They don't expect the same to apply to funny Poleburgers coming to the UK and selling kiełbasa.

And if the EU doesn't like it, well we can always sail the leaky aircraft carrier with unstealthy planes up the Scheldt and sack Brussels - just like in the good old days... :rolleyes:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It'll never be the fault of the Brexiteers, largely because many of them clearly didn't understand what the EU actually gave them (i.e. free movement and trade).

Of course, these sudden activitists for free movement and trade actually mean that it should be Brits being able to go and freely live in Spain, and to sell Bowyers sausages to the expats there. They don't expect the same to apply to funny Poleburgers coming to the UK and selling kiełbasa.

And if the EU doesn't like it, well we can always sail the leaky aircraft carrier with unstealthy planes up the Scheldt and sack Brussels - just like in the good old days... :rolleyes:

Bowyer sausages-what ever are you talking about When was the last time you saw them. Like you they came from the last century

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mickthemuppet said:

Bowyer sausages-what ever are you talking about When was the last time you saw them. Like you they came from the last century

Massive whoosh there I think... :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Massive whoosh there I think... :D

He is aptly named I think.:)

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Thing is Tesar Racing voted leave and then too late realized he had been in error . The winding up of his business and loyal employees losing their jobs being a bleak reminder.  Steve Shovlar  voted remain but thought his business would remain largely unaffected , but even that now seems to be not the case.

Thanks Wealdstone - you have a good memory!! :t:

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, dj350z said:

I don’t need to check anything. The quote was a sarcastic remark on the Twitter feed. It is Lance Forman’s idiotic comment I don’t think we can measure the impact of 40 years of being in the EU with three months of being out,” he said. “I have not taken away your rights. The EU have. I believe in free movement and free trade.” that needs examining!!!!

Yes, but your first quote is not the same as your second. The first quote came from some bod called Incognito, not Lance Foreman so anyone just reading the post  and not the Twitter ( which most wouldn’t bother with) would be misled, wouldn’t they. 
Nobody on here has probably hear of Lance Foreman but he appears to be an ex BXP nutter in the Godfrey Bloom mould, or sort of bonkers Brexit mirror image of the crackpot remainer Professor A C Grayling.

The whoosh comes because you have still not been able not answer Philip Risings question so we presume you can’t.:rolleyes:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, falcace said:

that's the annoying thing about the truth...it's remarkably consistent..

Yep, that’s true. Unfortunately the truth is vastly different to the randomly parroted lexicon that floats around inside Humpty’s head. Which is precisely why I asked a serious question to someone who could give me a serious and informed answer instead of asking Hump.

Unfortunately Hump lurched in with three paragraphs of pre-programmed waffle from the Lord Adonis song book, but he still didn’t answer the question .:(

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

 

The whoosh comes because you have still not been able not answer Philip Risings question so we presume you can’t.:rolleyes:

 

 

I answered it perfectly, if an ex Brexit Party MEP brexiteer like Lance Forman thinks it is the EU who took away the right to "free movement and free trade" then he is pretty thick!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Unfortunately the truth is vastly different to the randomly parroted lexicon that floats around inside Humpty’s head. Which is precisely why I asked a serious question to someone who could give me a serious and informed answer instead of asking Hump.

I've been pretty much spot on about the effects of Brexit and the difficulties it would cause - before and after it happened. You can perhaps put a bit down to the administrative chaos caused by doing a deal so very late in the day (which was itself utter incompetence), but the fishing and certain other industries being screwed is not going to improve without renegotiating the deal. As I said, Project Fear is now Project Reality. 

It's actually irrelevant what happened during the Common Market era - it's what the situation now is that's important. Brexiteers such as yourself are no longer able to defend the economic ruin being visited on the UK, and there are even now concerns about the use of AZ vaccine within the UK that was so jingoistically trumpeted, so you've resorted to your usual deflection tactics. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Nobody on here has probably hear of Lance Foreman but he appears to be an ex BXP nutter in the Godfrey Bloom mould, or sort of bonkers Brexit mirror image of the crackpot remainer Professor A C Grayling.

Indeed a reflection of the types who supported the Brexit Party... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dj350z said:

I answered it perfectly, if an ex Brexit Party MEP brexiteer like Lance Forman thinks it is the EU who took away the right to "free movement and free trade" then he is pretty thick!

Extrapolating the views a of an ex - BXP member, who by any standards, is pretty well bonkers, is hardly convincing evidence that 17 million leave voters are the same, which was Philips point.

However we’ll move on.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy