British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

8 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Extrapolating the views a of an ex - BXP member, who by any standards, is pretty well bonkers, is hardly convincing evidence that 17 million leave voters are the same, which was Philips point.

However we’ll move on.

I can keep extrapolating! There are plenty to find:

Dave bought his Spanish holiday home after voting to leave but told Mr Jenkins that he regretted his vote. He told the journalist the main factor in his change of heart was the loss of “freedom of movement in Europe, for the proper Europeans”.

When he was asked if he wanted to keep his own freedom of movement rights intact he replied. “Yes. I know it might be selfish but I think on reflection now we’d probably vote, if we had a referendum, the other way now.”

Really, 'the loss of freedom of movement in Europe'? Either he was misled by the Leave campaign or Dave is a couple of sausages short of an English breakfast!!  Which one is it EI?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Dave bought his Spanish holiday home after voting to leave but told Mr Jenkins that he regretted his vote. He told the journalist the main factor in his change of heart was the loss of “freedom of movement in Europe, for the proper Europeans”.

Who also are the non-proper Europeans in his view? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dj350z said:

I can keep extrapolating! There are plenty to find:

When he was asked if he wanted to keep his own freedom of movement rights intact he replied. “Yes. I know it might be selfish but I think on reflection now we’d probably vote, if we had a referendum, the other way now.”

Really, 'the loss of freedom of movement in Europe'? Either he was misled by the Leave campaign or Dave is a couple of sausages short of an English breakfast!!  Which one is it EI?

Well , that’s two out of 17 million assuming accurately reported but the question was please point us to the survey that showed those who voted leave were of inferior intelligence to those who voted leave

5 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Well , that’s two out of 17 million assuming accurately reported but the question was please point us to the survey that showed those who voted leave were of inferior intelligence to those who voted leave

Misled or not very bright? What’s it to be EI?

9 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

It depends which one you want to see there are several to choose from.

The one reported in the Times on March 10th 2019, in an article written by Jonathan Leake is still available on line. It was commissioned by Britain's Online Privicy Foundation and analysed by scientists at Missouri University 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dj350z said:

Misled or not very bright? What’s it to be EI?

Still no survey then ?

Not quite sure of the question, but Ive never judged or criticised either side as a class just as I’ve never criticised Labour / Tory voters as a class , but within any class of several million people there are going to be some who stand condemned by their own lack of common sense.

Plenty of people throughout society are misled, many of them  devotees of Twitter, it seems to me. My views on the Twitterati are probably well known on this forum.

Edited by E I Addio

Of course you should never forget that the measure of intelligence used will be their level of education. You don't even need to be very clever to know that the two are often completely different things!

For some Remain supporters it seems very easy to establish.

Remain = people who agree with them so are clearly more intelligent and understand the all issues clearly with their vastly superior experience.

Leave = people who disagree with their view point so are clearly a bit thick and lacking in understanding because they have no life experience and have never been abroad except for the bars of Benidorm.

Once you realise the respective attitudes it's very much easier to establish who is reacting intelligently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vince said:

Remain = people who agree with them so are clearly more intelligent and understand the all issues clearly with their vastly superior experience.

I've certainly never actually made any claims about anyones' intelligence, but I think if you go back over the past 6 years and 3,092 pages of this thread, most of the predictions made by the Remainers have essentially proved correct, and most of those made by the Brexiteers have not.

It is quite significant how the Brexit contingent over the past few years has gone from bullish (over-)confidence, to claiming "it'll take a few years to see the benefits", then in January and February that it's "just teething problems". However, it's now moved to outright condescension of the education qualifications, knowledge and experience of others who perhaps did foresee the issues all along, because there's really nowhere to go with the Brexit argument anymore... :D

Posted (edited)

A rare example of a Remainer being wrong. Honda just shut their car plant down... :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Brilliant stuff from Dashcam. Perhaps he should go and tell the fishermen that trade is continuing exactly the same as previously... :rofl:

Thank goodness that UK businesses have got rid of all that bureaucracy, are making more money, and that unemployment is down... :rolleyes:

Well he was 900 quid out. It's 'only' cost £1,500 so far, and now predicted to be £3,600. 

Value for money for sure. 

I guess the British pensioners in Spain will be going to one of the other 160 countries then... :rofl:

https://www.thelocal.es/20210329/opinion-neither-spain-nor-the-eu-are-to-blame-for-some-britons-having-to-leave/

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Brilliant stuff from Dashcam. Perhaps he should go and tell the fishermen that trade is continuing exactly the same as previously... :rofl:

Thank goodness that UK businesses have got rid of all that bureaucracy, are making more money, and that unemployment is down... :rolleyes:

Well he was 900 quid out. It's 'only' cost £1,500 so far, and now predicted to be £3,600. 

Value for money for sure. 

I guess the British pensioners in Spain will be going to one of the other 160 countries then... :rofl:

https://www.thelocal.es/20210329/opinion-neither-spain-nor-the-eu-are-to-blame-for-some-britons-having-to-leave/

Good grief Humph you have been busy trawling the forum for long past posts!

Four consecutive posts for HA - he will be entering the Olympics next.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Four consecutive posts for HA - he will be entering the Olympics next.

DON'T tell me there is something he hasn't done already:neutral:

• Haha 2