British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

9 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Rolls Royce are a subsidiary of BMW .

Tata are an Indian company

Rolls results are no surprise, good European management in a buoyant luxury car market. Benefiting from China and the middle East.

And Bentley are owned by **

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jrs said:

Rolls Royce are a subsidiary of BMW .

Tata are an Indian company

Rolls results are no surprise, good European management in a buoyant luxury car market. Benefiting from China and the middle East.

And Bentley are owned by **

Yeah dreadful isnt it ? All these Johnny foreigners investing and creating jobs in OUR country ? You must be right brassed off with it. Lets go back to the 70's and British Leyland Eh ?

Magellan Aerospace set to expand its Wrexham site and create 120 new jobs | MTDMFG

1 hour ago, E I Addio said:

Yeah dreadful isnt it ? All these Johnny foreigners investing and creating jobs in OUR country ? You must be right brassed off with it. Lets go back to the 70's and British Leyland Eh ?

Magellan Aerospace set to expand its Wrexham site and create 120 new jobs | MTDMFG

Well I'm sure the creation of 120 jobs is a great consolation for the 3,500 losing theirs at Honda. 

Meanwhile, the sunny uplands of 'trading with the world' continue... :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, TonyE said:

Four consecutive posts for HA - he will be entering the Olympics next.

Only the forum highest-score-in-a-day Olympics. Blu must have slipped up yesterday... :D

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

...my first car was a Morris Marina. Gave me great service!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...my first car was a Morris Marina. Gave me great service!

Me too! SPW350N 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Well I'm sure the creation of 120 jobs is a great consolation for the 3,500 losing theirs at Honda. 

The loss of three thousand jobs is not something to be flippant about.   Unfortunately it is part of Hondas, and the motor industry’s worldwide contraction, due to supply exceeding demand and the introduction of electric cars. Just well it wasn’t due the Brexit otherwise we’d never hear the last of it in here.

21 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

The loss of three thousand jobs is not something to be flippant about.   Unfortunately it is part of Hondas, and the motor industry’s worldwide contraction, due to supply exceeding demand and the introduction of electric cars. Just well it wasn’t due the Brexit otherwise we’d never hear the last of it in here.

British Citizens losing their rights to live and work in 31 other countries is nothing to be flippant about either, but a few on here certainly were. 

I suppose all the industries no longer able to export to EU countries are also nothing to do with Brexit, nor the 10% contraction in the economy having anything to do with it... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Me too! SPW350N 

Mine was GOJ926L 1.8 TC in Black Tulip! :t:

32 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

British Citizens losing their rights to live and work in 31 other countries is nothing to be flippant about either, but a few on here certainly were. 

No they haven’t lost the right they have lost the automatic right, which is not the same thing. Equally EU citizens have lost the automatic right to work and live here but they can still come.

3 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

No they haven’t lost the right they have lost the automatic right, which is not the same thing. Equally EU citizens have lost the automatic right to work and live here but they can still come.

Spin it how you want, but the fact remains that British citizens have been stripped of their freedom of movement rights. 

47 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Spin it how you want, but the fact remains that British citizens have been stripped of their freedom of movement rights. 

Spin it how you want they haven’t. COVID rules permitting people will be able to travel to the EU.

2 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Spin it how you want they haven’t. COVID rules permitting people will be able to travel to the EU.

You're clearly not understanding that we're talking about living and working in the EU, not just going on holiday. And living and working there now clearly involves more than "just filling in a form" as we were assured by some of the Brexiteers on here...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

You're clearly not understanding that we're talking about living and working in the EU, not just going on holiday. And living and working there now clearly involves more than "just filling in a form" as we were assured by some of the Brexiteers on here...

Your correct, I misread, 

Edited by Tim G