Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Philippe didn't seem to get around to cutting and pasting this from the Daily Mail... :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9500231/amp/Australian-MP-blasts-amateurish-Liz-Truss.html

The way to win friends with the country the UK is supposedly going to be doing all this trade with... :rolleyes:

DOES the view of an Australian MP have to be gospel? 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES the view of an Australian MP have to be gospel? 

Its his new 'home' :D He has many views, most are absolute garbage as shown over the last few years. A pro eu globalist shill who still hasnt got over the referendum result. The only surprise is that he doesnt work for the Guardian or the BBC  ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Caught the end of a news item last night about the awful  air pollution in Poland mainly due to coal fired power stations, the worst area is around Rybnik , so bad some days it’s too polluted to go out of the house.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Caught the end of a news item last night about the awful  air pollution in Poland mainly due to coal fired power stations, the worst area is around Rybnik , so bad some days it’s too polluted to go out of the house.

REMINDS me of the (very) old days when we used to drive from Germany to places like Katowice and Wroclaw. You knew when you were a few miles away by the toxic smell in the air.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

REMINDS me of the (very) old days when we used to drive from Germany to places like Katowice and Wroclaw. You knew when you were a few miles away by the toxic smell in the air.

 

Now, you know. That reminds me of the old days driving towards Waterden Rd :D

Edited by iris123
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES the view of an Australian MP have to be gospel? 

You seem to think the view of an old hack living in exile in Florida is :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Now, you know. That reminds me of the old days driving towards Waterden Rd :D

Ah yes, the soporific effects of the Boak Robert’s chemical works. I remember it well. 

The Good Old Days eh ?:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iris123 said:

You seem to think the view of an old hack living in exile in Florida is :rolleyes:

OR someone exiled in Germany:D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, iris123 said:

You seem to think the view of an old hack living in exile in Florida is :rolleyes:

FOR the record, and straight from the horse's mouth ... Richard Littlejohn lives in North London. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FOR the record, and straight from the horse's mouth ... Richard Littlejohn lives in North London. 

Careful now, he'll get the old fact checkers on you...:)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Careful now, he'll get the old fact checkers on you...:)

Fact checkers? Who needs them, when you can take the word of some unknown bloke on twatter :rofl:

Ol Blu reminds me of Coyote, trying to blast Road runner and it always blowing up in his face B)

Edited by iris123

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/22/2021 at 8:12 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

DOES the view of an Australian MP have to be gospel? 

SEEMS as though he got it wrong anyway ...

 

The UK looks set to complete a trade deal with Australia at the G7 summit in Cornwall after making a “major breakthrough”, as the Government moved closer to securing a place in one of the world’s fastest-growing trade blocs. Liz Truss, the International Trade Secretary, confirmed on Friday that the two countries had reached consensus on the “vast majority of elements”.

Whitehall sources said the UK now hoped the agreement would be signed in June, when leaders of the G7 meet in Cornwall for talks hosted by Boris Johnson. A bilateral trade deal between the two nations is expected to boost UK exports to Australia by around £900 million.

Ministers see the deal as a stepping stone to joining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) – the £9 trillion free trade area in which Australia is a key player. Striking a UK-Australia deal would pave the way towards eventual British membership of the trading bloc, which is viewed as a crucial counterweight to China and its trade practices.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, iris123 said:

Fact checkers? Who needs them, when you can take the word of some unknown bloke on twatter :rofl:

Unknown to you maybe, but then most things would be when your 'information' comes from Wikipedia and the Morning Star...

Full-time in the Littlejohn Cup Final-  Philip Rising 1  Comrade 'wrong again' iris 0

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Unknown to you maybe, but then most things would be when your 'information' comes from Wikipedia and the Morning Star...

Full-time in the Littlejohn Cup Final-  Philip Rising 1  Comrade 'wrong again' iris 0

Littlejohn is hardly well known for telling the truth, much like you 

A hack, for example! A morally dishonest member of a discredited profession who produces his predictable think pieces between restaurant courses. A novelist, too, sort of, by which I mean a scruffy scribbler, hidden away in his garret, chewing on his pencils and simpering to himself every time he comes up with another overworked metaphor.A millionaire who spends a lot of time in the United States, which means he's out of touch with the man on the fabled Clapham omnibus, perhaps because he hates Britain. And a porker, of course: standard for Yanks like him, who are also lazy, most of the time, too busy stuffing their faces with cheeseburgers to get some exercise.So: a corpulent milksop traitor with no purchase on reality and no qualms about distorting the issues for his loyal readers. What a specimen this version of Richard Littlejohn seems to be. Does it bear any relationship to reality? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy