British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

European Union - In Or Out?

2 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

What ? For the last 4 and a half years you've been on here telling everyone how insignificant the UK's fishing industry is. Now, it seems you've changed your mind and most concerned about it. I've seen some u-turns in my time , but yours is rather spectacular B)

The point is that the Brexit Brigade told us how easy it would be to strike trade agreements outside the EU, and it turns out it's not so easy after all.

It's not that hard to understand, but clearly it's beyond some on here... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The point is that the Brexit Brigade told us how easy it would be to strike trade agreements outside the EU, and it turns out it's not so easy after all.

It has been. Norway is in the eu in all but name. Liz Truss meanwhile .....:D
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1429793/Liz-Truss-latest-Brexit-trade-Bill-EU-deal-Global-Britain-breaking-news

10 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Typically Brexiteer getting sucked in by government propaganda. :rolleyes:

UK foreign trade amounted to 1.4 trillion in 2019, including 744 billion with the EU. Yet the Brexiteers are wetting themselves because the UK has managed to negotiate agreements worth 891 billion.

I know what Brexiteers are like with figures, so I'll give you a clue that 891 billion is significantly less than 1.4 trillion. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

UK foreign trade amounted to 1.4 trillion in 2019

Then along came covid. Nice try , but no cigar. I bet your school reports were along the lines of 'Must try harder' and 'whataboutery wont help you' :D:drink:

Edited by Phlipphlopp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Then along came covid. Nice try , but no cigar. I bet your school reports were along the lines of 'Must try harder' and 'whataboutery wont help you' :D:drink:

You missed ..."bit of a know it all" :wink:

that's a joke btw Humph :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

You missed ..."bit of a know it all" :wink:

that's a joke btw Humph :lol:

That`s something you could never level at Floppy.....;):P:D

21 minutes ago, Dietbowers said:

That`s something you could never level at Floppy.....;):P:D

Well i do have an advantage over you. Luckily , i'm not a taffy :D:drink:

32 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

Well i do have an advantage over you. Luckily , i'm not a taffy :D:drink:

The whole Welsh nation is eternally grateful for that....:P:D:approve:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dietbowers said:

The whole Welsh nation English principality is eternally grateful for that....:P:D:approve:

:D:D;)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Badge said:

Yep, they are decent bunch.
Shame Johnson can't admit it when he is wrong!!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 3

Latest is a 1 billion trade deal with India. Compared to the 245 billion deal we had with the EU. And to get the bill over the line, the U.K. said that visas will be relaxed for Indian students and citizens. Most of the brexit brigade are not going to like millions of Indians pouring into the U.K. over the next few years. Still, might get some nice new curry houses. :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Latest is a 1 billion trade deal with India. Compared to the 245 billion deal we had with the EU. And to get the bill over the line, the U.K. said that visas will be relaxed for Indian students and citizens. Most of the brexit brigade are not going to like millions of Indians pouring into the U.K. over the next few years. Still, might get some nice new curry houses. :rofl:

You never know, their cod and chips might be less that £19.60 for a couple of portions.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

You never know, their cod and chips might be less that £19.60 for a couple of portions.

Steve doesnt know that we do have a trade deal with the eu. Bless his little cotton socks :D