British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

Smart Motorways...total nonsense. Even the commissioner of the South Yorkshire Police has written to the relevant Government authority outlining how dangerous they are. Should never even have got off the drawing board...madness! :angry:

Edited by steve roberts

20 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Smart Motorways...total nonsense. Even the commissioner of the South Yorkshire Police has written to the relevant Government authority outlining how dangerous they are. Should never even have got off the drawing board...madness! :angry:

A good solution to a problem,  but not thought through.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

A good solution to a problem,  but not thought through.

My heart's always in my mouth when I drive the "smart" sectioned M1 & M62...in fact I recall a massive tail back on the M62 when a car sat idle on the inside lane as I passed by. Made me shudder for the poor occupants who had obviously vacated the vehicle. Bonkers! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My heart's always in my mouth when I drive the "smart" sectioned M1 & M62...in fact I recall a massive tail back on the M62 when a car sat idle on the inside lane as I passed by. Made me shudder for the poor occupants who had obviously vacated the vehicle. Bonkers! 

Incorporating the hard shoulder into a " running lane" was always going to cause huge safety issues. Anyone with just a few functioning brain cells would foresee that, which makes me wonder what these boffins have between their ears.

• Thanks 2

Kidney beans in Chilli! Takes ages picking them all out!:angry::D

• Like 3

On 1/29/2021 at 7:55 PM, lisa-colette said:

People who make their own chilli and then moan they have to pick all the kidney beans out...:D

• Like 1

Ruining kidney beans by covering them in chilli

Edited by ancient mariner
  • Like 1

Harry Redknapp, living proof that intelligence isn't required in order to be successful.  Gets stuck on the motorway on his way to Sky HQ last night &  then admitted he didn't know how to operate his satnav. He had to ring a friend for directions . Then later he referred to the two Czech players at West Ham as Czechoslovakians, a title that was dropped in 1993 . 

On 1/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, lisa-colette said:

You sound like my wife!

It ain't chili WITHOUT the beans...

2 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Then later he referred to the two Czech players at West Ham as Czechoslovakians, a title that was dropped in 1993 . 

Next thing, you'll be complaining about them Soviet Russians in East Germany...

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Harry Redknapp, living proof that intelligence isn't required in order to be successful.  Gets stuck on the motorway on his way to Sky HQ last night &  then admitted he didn't know how to operate his satnav. He had to ring a friend for directions . Then later he referred to the two Czech players at West Ham as Czechoslovakians, a title that was dropped in 1993 . 

The lack of intelligence is often down to the sheltered life a lot of top sportsmen live, so they don’t know how to deal with everyday situations that most of us take for granted. I’ve seen it with a couple of top international cricketers I’ve had dealings with in the last few years - household names both of them. One had a benefit season from his county - he needed to make a payment to someone following a benefit event, so he did no more than put several hundred pounds in notes from the event into an envelope, addressed it and stuck a stamp on, and posted it off - naturally, it never arrived at its destination. He didn’t realise that he was taking any sort of a risk in doing this - he’s now a very well known commentator. The other player retired from the game to take up a teaching post, and freely admitted he was terrified of being in the outside world and how he was going to deal with things which had been done on his behalf for the previous 20 years. Both men were well educated and reached the top of their sporting profession, but hadn’t an ounce of common sense-type intelligence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

The lack of intelligence is often down to the sheltered life a lot of top sportsmen live, so they don’t know how to deal with everyday situations that most of us take for granted. I’ve seen it with a couple of top international cricketers I’ve had dealings with in the last few years - household names both of them. One had a benefit season from his county - he needed to make a payment to someone following a benefit event, so he did no more than put several hundred pounds in notes from the event into an envelope, addressed it and stuck a stamp on, and posted it off - naturally, it never arrived at its destination. He didn’t realise that he was taking any sort of a risk in doing this - he’s now a very well known commentator. The other player retired from the game to take up a teaching post, and freely admitted he was terrified of being in the outside world and how he was going to deal with things which had been done on his behalf for the previous 20 years. Both men were well educated and reached the top of their sporting profession, but hadn’t an ounce of common sense-type intelligence.

Well, if they didn't send it 'recorded delivery',,, either one of them, or the postie could be telling porkies.  ;)

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, if they didn't send it 'recorded delivery',,, either one of them, or the postie could be telling porkies.  ;)

I know that neither the sender nor the intended recipient told a single porky 

20 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

I know that neither the sender nor the intended recipient told a single porky 

Was it the Royal Mail?