British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

3 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Not half as bad as those, especially politicians, who prefix everything with “ you know “ . Harriet Harman was the worlds worst. I wish a few interviewers would say “ No we don’t know , that’s we brought you to explain it to us”. 

Always been a gripe of mine. One reason why footballers shouldn't be interviewed!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Always been a gripe of mine. One reason why footballers shouldn't be interviewed!

Indeed.

Footballers talking in the present tense about a past event.

And talking about “quality”: “you just need that bit of quality on the ball” meaning “he’s crap, isn’t he?”  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Indeed.

Footballers talking in the present tense about a past event.

And talking about “quality”: “you just need that bit of quality on the ball” meaning “he’s crap, isn’t he?”  :D

The phrase "on the ball" he's not on it, he has it by his feet. If he was "on it" the chances are he's not doing particularly well with it unless he is a performing sealion.  

Footballers who are paid thousands every week just because they can kick an overly engineered inflatable bag to each other slightly better than you or i.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

That’s an acceptable use of “so”, or at least would be if you hadn’t added the comma.

That's why I added the comma! Pedants like you could run with it!

Come on, there are many people out there who don't understand the difference between "then" and "than", think the opposite of winner is "looser", and don't know that the space comes AFTER a comma. What makes you think they would understand what I writ? :rofl:

I'm sure there are idiots that think that the the "Oxford comma" was a van built at Cowley... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, chunky said:

So, I'm not the only one who has a problem with that? :rofl:

So, a needle pulling thread

Edited by ancient mariner

22 hours ago, DC2 said:

Is it a choice between her and a grumpy old git?  :D

You could be in with a chance then :D

Yet again I've had to ask someone parked outside our house (we immediately front the road - no garden) to turn her engine off. Smelly diesel engine...while she was on her mobile phone! :mad:

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Yet again I've had to ask someone parked outside our house (we immediately front the road - no garden) to turn her engine off. Smelly diesel engine...while she was on her mobile phone! :mad:

Outrageous, what horrible person put a road there

I'll have to park my smelly maggot wagon outside while i eat my lunch, diesel fumes will be the least of your problems...:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Outrageous, what horrible person put a road there

...yes and it happens also in the middle of the night with slamming doors, radios blaring when people are trying to sleep. Show some consideration for others. There is a clear sign at my local raiiway crossing that says "Switch engines off when stationary" as you await for the passing train but some drivers just ignore it...engines running outside people's houses for minutes on end. These are no doubt the same morons in cars who then complain about the high price of fuel or the health of their children!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I'll have to park my smelly maggot wagon outside while i eat my lunch, diesel fumes will be the least of your problems...:D

I'd be shoving a kipper up your exhaust!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I'll have to park my smelly maggot wagon outside while i eat my lunch ...:D

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

I'd be shoving a kipper up your exhaust!

Hmmmmm .... you naughty lads and your saucy euphemisms!   :D

• Haha 5

Its now official, the world has gone insane...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

So the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting another baby? Who cares? Spread all over the front pages of the newspapers and here was I thinking that they were shy of publicity but obviously not adverse to announcing the news to the world?

• Like 4

So the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting another baby? Who cares? Spread all over the front pages of the newspapers and here was I thinking that they were shy of publicity but obviously not adverse to announcing the news to the world?

IMO for the most part the British public was ready and willing to embrace  and welcome Meghan. That however has been thrown back in our faces and Harry still in lust has gone along witht and abrogated his duty and responsibilities.

• Like 3