British Speedway Forum
george.m

What Offends Me And/or Gets On My .....

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

I totally agree with you there.  Luckily where I live there are very few places that have any musac playing. At Sainsburys we get endless messages about masks etc, but the rest are generally peaceful .Talking with the lass it brought back memories of working in London in the sixties and seventies and getting to the theatre at least a couple of times a month if I could afford it. 

In Ripon there is a supermarket named "Booths" (I think that it's a very small franchise with a few stores in North Yorkshire) Their policy is not to play music and it's such a pleasurable experience (as food shopping goes) and even the staff appear to appreciate the tranquil ambience it affords.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrs said:

I totally agree with you there.  Luckily where I live there are very few places that have any musac playing. At Sainsburys we get endless messages about masks etc, but the rest are generally peaceful .Talking with the lass it brought back memories of working in London in the sixties and seventies and getting to the theatre at least a couple of times a month if I could afford it. 

A northern, lefty who complains about everything shops at Sainsbury’s?

You couldn’t make it up.  :D

Just now, DC2 said:

A northern, lefty who complains about everything shops at Sainsbury’s?

You couldn’t make it up.  :D

its better than being a fake Brexiteer and a fake Tory ;) 

For your information I also shop at Tesco, Aldi, marks and sparks, John Lewis,  Amazon,  ooh B&M, Home bargains, Wilko but not Fortnum&Mason, of course chez Amazon  ! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

How could that look like Hitler? He was more into Braun than blue... :rofl:

• Haha 1

Oh dear the 'publicity shy' Meghan can't get enough of it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Big Pharma funded lies. ND’s have been saying this for thirty years...

19 hours ago, steve roberts said:

In Ripon there is a supermarket named "Booths" (I think that it's a very small franchise with a few stores in North Yorkshire) Their policy is not to play music and it's such a pleasurable experience (as food shopping goes) and even the staff appear to appreciate the tranquil ambience it affords.

Quality supermarket,  used to shop in the Cumbrian stores when I lived up there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Quality supermarket,  used to shop in the Cumbrian stores when I lived up there.

superb wines, wish we had one in Newcastle

• Like 1

Due to covid and various tiers and lockdowns I have only covered about half my normal car mileage in the last 12 months. No doubt the vast majority of the population are in more or less the same situation.

Less cars on the road doing less mileage than normal must mean far less accidents. Less accidents means less pay outs for insurers

So why has my insurance premium just gone up by £20 ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Due to covid and various tiers and lockdowns I have only covered about half my normal car mileage in the last 12 months. No doubt the vast majority of the population are in more or less the same situation.

Less cars on the road doing less mileage than normal must mean far less accidents. Less accidents means less pay outs for insurers

I only drove 3500 miles in the last 12 months against my normal 11-12 thousand due to the lockdowns etc .. My renewal has jumped by £60 this year I did do some checking with the usual comparison sites but there was very little difference anywhere for the same quality of cover, my lowest quote was just £20 below my present insurers price.  Car insurance is just a legalised "rip off " , we have to buy it & they know it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

I only drove 3500 miles in the last 12 months against my normal 11-12 thousand due to the lockdowns etc .. My renewal has jumped by £60 this year I did do some checking with the usual comparison sites but there was very little difference anywhere for the same quality of cover, my lowest quote was just £20 below my present insurers price.  Car insurance is just a legalised "rip off " , we have to buy it & they know it.

I pay a little over £300 for Comp for 2 cars

4 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I pay a little over £300 for Comp for 2 cars

There are so many variables when buying insurance that can affect premium costs. My own circumstances haven't altered in any way since my previous renewal last March , other than the fact that I have gained an extra 12 months of NCB yet the cost has increased by close to 20 %..Can't see where that is justifiable.

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

There are so many variables when buying insurance that can affect premium costs. My own circumstances haven't altered in any way since my previous renewal last March , other than the fact that I have gained an extra 12 months of NCB yet the cost has increased by close to 20 %..Can't see where that is justifiable.

Where there's blame culture?

8 hours ago, E I Addio said:

You’re more of a risk now because you’re practising less.  :D

On the bright side, think how low your premium would be if we insured moaning on the forum.  :D