British Speedway Forum
Humphrey Appleby

The Crisp Crack Of Leather On Willow

15 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Just watched it and he obviously makes contact with the ball which stops Pollard getting there but it definitely doesn't look intentional and he tries to jump out of the way once he realises. Unlucky that the soft signal was out which makes it difficult for it to be overturned, I'm not sure that the on-field umpires should be making an initial decision in an incident like that. 

No surprise to see Joel Wilson at the centre of it, he's always been a poor umpire 

Ridiculous decision. He'd have to have stepped back into his crease to get out of the way, and then he couldn't have been run out anyway... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I don't agree with the decision.

BUT Cricket is getting more & more like football with the faking. I see many batsmen run in the path of the ball & bowlers step in front of a runner or Keepers taking the ball in front of the stumps.

there was a time when a good honest batsman would walk off without question now we have to go to VAR for just about every call of LBW or a run out. The Umpires can't make a call any more.

I watch a lot of T20 & I can't understand how a ball missing leg stump by a few inches is called wide when the batsman moves across his stumps to play a paddle stroke & misses

18 minutes ago, Technik said:

I don't agree with the decision.

BUT Cricket is getting more & more like football with the faking. I see many batsmen run in the path of the ball & bowlers step in front of a runner or Keepers taking the ball in front of the stumps.

there was a time when a good honest batsman would walk off without question now we have to go to VAR for just about every call of LBW or a run out. The Umpires can't make a call any more.

I watch a lot of T20 & I can't understand how a ball missing leg stump by a few inches is called wide when the batsman moves across his stumps to play a paddle stroke & misses

The wide ball is a odd one .. you got the lines surely if you bowl inside those lines then no wide can be called ?  but if bowl a any leg side ball that the batsmen misses its call a wide its really odd 

A proper crowd:t:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

A proper crowd:t:

Not by the end of the game though :D

Great performance, the bowling powerplay has easily been the weakest area in this side but those first 6 overs today were probably as good as you'll get in T20. 

• Like 1

Kholi is having an awful Indian summer so far, what's happened to him?

HOW long can England persist with Malan? Imagine Hales at three or Root who averaged 50 in T20 previously with a strike rate of 150. AT least today it wasn't all about winning the toss. Roll on Saturday

42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOW long can England persist with Malan? Imagine Hales at three or Root who averaged 50 in T20 previously with a strike rate of 150. AT least today it wasn't all about winning the toss. Roll on Saturday

Malan's the world's top T20I batsman.

When did that happen?:o

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

Malan's the world's top T20I batsman.

When did that happen?:o

YOU know what they say about statistics ... believe his ranking is not exclusively for international T20s but domestic too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YOU know what they say about statistics ... believe his ranking is not exclusively for international T20s but domestic too. 

His  Ave is 49 so not sure what the problem is .. his last scores have been  

66--00v AustraliaSouthampton4 Sep 2020T20I # 1095

42--10v AustraliaSouthampton6 Sep 2020T20I # 1096

21--00v AustraliaSouthampton8 Sep 2020T20I # 1097

19--10v South AfricaCape Town27 Nov 2020T20I # 1109 

55--00v South AfricaPaarl29 Nov 2020T20I # 1111

99*--00v South AfricaCape Town1 Dec 2020T20I # 1113

24*--20v IndiaAhmedabad12 Mar 2021T20I # 1131

24--00v IndiaAhmedabad14 Mar 2021T20I # 1132

18--10v IndiaAhmedabad16 Mar 2021T20I # 1133

14 v india 

I think his overall ave is 49 ....not sure what the problem is bar people having a short memory 

4 minutes ago, orion said:

His  Ave is 49 so not sure what the problem is .. his last scores have been  

66--00v AustraliaSouthampton4 Sep 2020T20I # 1095

42--10v AustraliaSouthampton6 Sep 2020T20I # 1096

21--00v AustraliaSouthampton8 Sep 2020T20I # 1097

19--10v South AfricaCape Town27 Nov 2020T20I # 1109 

55--00v South AfricaPaarl29 Nov 2020T20I # 1111

99*--00v South AfricaCape Town1 Dec 2020T20I # 1113

24*--20v IndiaAhmedabad12 Mar 2021T20I # 1131

24--00v IndiaAhmedabad14 Mar 2021T20I # 1132

18--10v IndiaAhmedabad16 Mar 2021T20I # 1133

14 v india 

I think his overall ave is 49 ....not sure what the problem is bar people having a short memory 

TAKES too long to get going and wastes too many balls. Better options...

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TAKES too long to get going and wastes too many balls. Better options...

You dont score 99 in the game before this series or become number one in the world if the above was true ....sadly people always look for a scapegoat for any defeat .

• Like 1

Malan was outstanding in BBL earlier in the year. Maybe he is the same as the test players & has an issue with the Sub-Continent pitches

7 hours ago, orion said:

You dont score 99 in the game before this series or become number one in the world if the above was true ....sadly people always look for a scapegoat for any defeat .

IT is not because of one defeat. We will have to differ. I think England should field heir best players and no stats will tell me that Hales (with the second highest strike rate of 179 in T20) and Joe Root who can glue an innings together while still scoring at around 150 are not better options. If Malan is the top T20 batsmen in reality rather than on paper why hasn't he played in the IPL?