British Speedway Forum
Humphrey Appleby

The Crisp Crack Of Leather On Willow

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

STOKES almost did ...

31 minutes ago, orion said:

The Indians spinners were crushed today ... surely India have better options than them two .. Kuldeep drags every second ball down and puts the other right  in the slot . Not sure what others think but i thought Stokes was run out early , Not sure he had any of his bat over the line 

Perhaps one you expect to go against you given the history on the tour so far so a pleasant surprise and made the most of it :)

As good a performance today as the match 1 was bad! 

• Like 1

Much better start from India and England certainly needed that breakthrough with their weak death bowling. They should be comfortably getting over 350 from here

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

https://twitter.com/MCCOfficial/status/1378788275373146113?s=20

Poor from De Kock, his reaction makes it clear he did that intentionally 

I hadn't seen this

On the face of it whilst its actually quite funny I agree it was certainly intentional and contravenes the laws of the game

• Like 1

Crawley (14), Burns (4), Pope (22)

Good to see the England batsmen finding some form on Day 1 of the county season :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Crawley (14), Burns (4), Pope (22)

Good to see the England batsmen finding some form on Day 1 of the county season :D

PROBABLY a tad colder than it was in India:rolleyes:

And now we definitely know the season's underway with the first collapse of the year from Somerset. Not helped by opening with Banton.. that's on a par with Roy for England!

Would be nice if occasionally either of those sides could put up a decent score for the first couple of wickets :unsure:

3 hours ago, The Cheese said:

And now we definitely know the season's underway with the first collapse of the year from Somerset. Not helped by opening with Banton.. that's on a par with Roy for England!

Would be nice if occasionally either of those sides could put up a decent score for the first couple of wickets :unsure:

De Lange and Leach batted well though.

Glamorgan had a good start up at Headingley. Hopefully they don't mess it up for me.....

16 hours ago, CrystalCastles said:

De Lange and Leach batted well though.

Glamorgan had a good start up at Headingley. Hopefully they don't mess it up for me.....

There isn't really an opening batsman in the squad so I wouldn't be against Leach doing that role! 

Excellent recovery from Glamorgan on Day 1, looks like the bowlers might have to chip in with the bat again in the 2nd innings though

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

VINCE one again proving an enigma ... 

Like many before him - Gary Ballance springs to mind - excellent at County level but found out at Test level.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

There isn't really an opening batsman in the squad so I wouldn't be against Leach doing that role! 

Excellent recovery from Glamorgan on Day 1, looks like the bowlers might have to chip in with the bat again in the 2nd innings though

You are right, you don't really have any openers. At least Leach might hold up an end until the new ball is less problematic.

Frustrating really in some ways, as if it wasn't for Robsons innings, you'd have been in the game.

Sometimes our lower order makes our top order look terrible. Root & Cooke did well to bat out the day, so if they can get some runs and our lower order chip in, they have a real chance.

Glamorgan getting royally messed about with the Yorkshire summer weather! good luck getting a result there now although Yorks are 2 bowlers short now

18 minutes ago, packerman said:

Glamorgan getting royally messed about with the Yorkshire summer weather! good luck getting a result there now although Yorks are 2 bowlers short now

Yep pretty much ruined all chances of the win. They managed a snowball fight in the stands.

Hopefully Billy gets to a century tomorrow.

Great comeback by Somerset!