British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Supposedly the same size as Cardiff but I wish it was Somerset!

It needs to have longer straights than Somerset, the shape will be determined by the shape of the dog track, remember they own the stadium and speedway will have to use what is space is provided. I understand it will be Cardiff shaped but wider.

It needs to have longer straights than Somerset, the shape will be determined by the shape of the dog track, remember they own the stadium and speedway will have to use what is space is provided. I understand it will be Cardiff shaped but wider.

Why do you consider it needs longer straights than at Somerset Orlovski?

Why do you consider it needs longer straights than at Somerset Orlovski?

I find the Somerset circuit a bit too circular if they ride it from the inside of the bend to the outside of the centre of the straight and back to the inside of the next bend. I prefer longer straights as Swindon has, but I appreciate that they are likely to be shorter than what we have had so somewhere in between the two tracks would be ok.

Most Swindon fans thought there would be no new stadium, but In Rosco We Trust, fantastic for Swindon Speed way and the town. Will it be called the Tomlinson Rosco or Russell Arena. Will enable the Robins to stay among the top clubs such as Poole and Belle Vue.

Bog all to do with Rosco I'm afraid.

Back straight bogs might be though!!

I hope they have plans for new back straight bogs, with perhaps retro fittings taken from current building

ER you are fixated on those bogs!

Chalks, I first went to Blunsdon as a 10 year old. I remember those bogs on that day. 40'odd years later they remain. Exactly the same as they were all that time ago. I would say however, they are slightly more infested with spiders and wood lice. They form and almost mosaic like pattern on the wall in one of the private cubicles.

Like the Abbey itself, the back straight bogs will be missed. ;)

So as winter approaches there surely can't be a worse time to lay a track and construct a stadium in time for late spring. I'm no builder, but surely freezing weather, snow, ice, Christmas holidays will all further delay the project?

Let's be realistic here, it's going to be late July/August before the stadium is ready.

• Like 1