Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes let's imagine it was black lives matter or the muslim brotherhood that had stormed the Capitol building and tried to stop democracy..........you think the reaction would be any different ? If for months their leaders had stoked up trouble and called for a major protest in Washington, you think there would have been so few police on hand ? 

The FBI are now asking for help identifying these people, when they were all in the building and were let out to walk freely around, instead of being penned up and shipped to jail......

Just saying that if BLM had a protest, one person as shot and killed, and three more were explained away as "medical emergencies" people would have been on the streets around the world and kneeling and raising fists in support. I think we all know that, too, regardless of political bent.

What is more shocking about this is how easy it was for a few hundred rednecks to storm the White House in what is supposed to be one of the most strongly defended countries in the World.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Yes let's imagine it was black lives matter or the muslim brotherhood that had stormed the Capitol building and tried to stop democracy..........you think the reaction would be any different ? If for months their leaders had stoked up trouble and called for a major protest in Washington, you think there would have been so few police on hand ? 

The FBI are now asking for help identifying these people, when they were all in the building and were let out to walk freely around, instead of being penned up and shipped to jail......

Sixty-eight people were arrested.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Just saying that if BLM had a protest, one person as shot and killed, and three more were explained away as "medical emergencies" people would have been on the streets around the world and kneeling and raising fists in support. I think we all know that, too, regardless of political bent.

What is more shocking about this is how easy it was for a few hundred rednecks to storm the White House in what is supposed to be one of the most strongly defended countries in the World.

I don't agree if it was for the same purpose

I would say ok if they rally was for equality you might have some sympathy. But if there was any group that were stoked up to stop democracy, be it BLM or muslims or Chinese or Cubans etc there would be no sympathy just like now. We could (well ok we do have a couple of exceptions here) see the whole process had no founding in fact and people just believe what they are fed by their leaders and by radical media outlets or internet platforms with little control over their content

You just have to compare the policing of BLM protests to see the big difference and wonder why this was allowed to happen, seeing as most could see it coming

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Sixty-eight people were arrested.

But only 41 in the building......how on earth that was allowed to even happen is beyond most people. The vast majority just walked in and out again, in the main building for democracy in the land. Just imagine that happening in the HoP !!!!

The FBI are now asking to help identify these people instead of stopping them even getting near the building during a major democratic process

Edited by iris123

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But only 41 in the building......how on earth that was allowed to even happen is beyond most people. The vast majority just walked in and out again, in the main building for democracy in the land. Just imagine that happening in the HoP !!!!

The FBI are now asking to help identify these people instead of stopping them even getting near the building during a major democratic process

Didn't a bunch of pro-hunt protesters - including Brian Ferry's son - storm the Houses of Parliament once?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Didn't a bunch of pro-hunt protesters - including Brian Ferry's son - storm the Houses of Parliament once?

Not sure. I know demonstrators could get in because they had a public viewing area, which is a bit different. I do remember protests up in the balcony, which is somewhat different....

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Not sure. I know demonstrators could get in because they had a public viewing area, which is a bit different. I do remember protests up in the balcony, which is somewhat different....

Here it is. 2004. Not on the same scale as what happened in America, but it did happen.

BBC NEWS | Politics | Pro-hunt protesters storm Commons

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iris123 said:

The FBI are now asking for help identifying these people, when they were all in the building and were let out to walk freely around, instead of being penned up and shipped to jail......

There were quite clearly policing and security failures, and some foreign media reports are quoting intelligence agencies as saying there was collusion between the insurrectionists and some elements in the police. 

But the priority would have been to clear the Capitol and allow the certification of votes to continue, even if the police resources were available to arrest so many people. The FBI will catch up with the insurrectionists in good time - many have already been named this morning. If there was any collusion, that'll no doubt come out as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Didn't a bunch of pro-hunt protesters - including Brian Ferry's son - storm the Houses of Parliament once?

If they didn't call themselves "Foxy Music", that was a big opportunity missed.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I would say ok if they rally was for equality you might have some sympathy.

People getting upset about racial injustice - whether real or perceived - and that boiling over is one thing. 

An organised attempt to overturn a democratic process, particularly by elements that include those wishing to maintain racial and social injustice, is quite another. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

People getting upset about racial injustice - whether real or perceived - and that boiling over is one thing. 

An organised attempt to overturn a democratic process, particularly by elements that include those wishing to maintain racial and social injustice, is quite another. 

Exactly. I do wonder how people can even come up with these comparisons.....a tiny group sneaking into the House of Commons for a publicity stunt probably according to the BBC piece with some collusions from an MP ? The actual protest was held behind the police cordon and even stopped an attempt to break through. There is the difference

Edited by iris123

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Exactly. I do wonder how people can even come up with these comparisons.....a tiny group sneaking into the House of Commons for a publicity stunt probably according to the BBC piece with some collusions from an MP ? The actual protest was held behind the police cordon and even stopped an attempt to break through. There is the difference

Yeah. People, eh. Tsk. What are they like?

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Yeah. People, eh. Tsk. What are they like?

Yeah, when asked to imagine what happened in Washington happening in Westminster they come up with something totally different !

Share this post


Link to post

May 2, 1967: Two dozen armed Negroes entered the state Capitol at noon today and 10 made their way to the back of the Assembly Chamber before they were disarmed and marched away by the state police.

The Assembly was in session at the time and Speaker Pro Tem Carlos Bee ordered the men removed from the chamber.

image.jpeg.e189c89c2c169738016798c1f9f37854.jpegimage.jpeg.274dd91dd418b45dafbf9c8e03af4325.jpegHere's How The Nation Responded When A Black Militia Group Occupied A  Government Building | HuffPost

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy