British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

13 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I find it very strange than he increased his vote by over 10 million but came up short. On that basis alone i think a full audit should have been allowed, and all evidence disclosed. Likewise if both parties involved were reversed...

What is strange about a bigger turnout in a vote that everyone wanted to get involved in such was the passion from both sides ... As has been said a 100 times come up with some facts rather  than making things  up .because you  are a bad loser 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I find it very strange than he increased his vote by over 10 million but came up short. On that basis alone i think a full audit should have been allowed, and all evidence disclosed. Likewise if both parties involved were reversed...

thank you. I understand your reasoning but there was a much much increased turnout, just as there would be if, for example, a second Brexit vote were carried out - not saying which way it would go but it would be much increased

16 minutes ago, orion said:

What is strange about a bigger turnout in a vote that everyone wanted to get involved in such was the passion from both sides ... As has been said a 100 times come up with some facts rather  than making things  up .because you  are a bad loser 

That's it in a nutshell.  Trump is such a divisive figure there was always going to be a big turnout.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ch958 said:

thank you. I understand your reasoning but there was a much much increased turnout, just as there would be if, for example, a second Brexit vote were carried out - not saying which way it would go but it would be much increased

Thank you for being civil...:t:

3 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Thank you for being civil...:t:

I also will be civil( as always) are you able to answer this question i posed a couple of hours ago.

Maybe he would like to tell us all whether he thinks any differently about Trump now as he did pre Wednesday ?

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I also will be civil( as always) are you able to answer this question i posed a couple of hours ago.

Maybe he would like to tell us all whether he thinks any differently about Trump now as he did pre Wednesday ?

What was that exactly ?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Don't think it's strange at all.

US Presidential elections historically have a low turnout - typically 50-55% because the Electoral College system means the outcome in most states is a foregone conclusion. The turnout for the 2016 Presidential election was around 56%, which was probably slightly above average but slightly less than the 2008 election when Obama was elected.

However, the turnout in the 2020 election was nearly 67%, so with a potential electorate of around 239 million, an increased turnout of 11% equates to over 26 million extra votes for starters. Trump got around 12 million of those, but don't forget Hilary Clinton actually got 3 million more votes than Trump in 2016 despite losing key swing states and therefore the Electoral College. Add the nearly 66 million votes for Hilary last time, with the 14 million extra votes for the Democrats this time, and you arrive very close to the 81 million votes cast for Biden.

It's very clear that the combination of increased turnouts, and small swings to the Democrats in key states were the difference this time around. Just as Hilary losing key swing states was the difference last time.

It's also clear in the last 50 years at least, that the Democrats tend to win when turnouts are higher. 

The Trumpists would be better served trying to understand why 81 million people were motivated to vote against Trump, rather than claim the election was rigged. If the Democrats were ballot stuffing, then how come the Republicans also found another 12 million votes from somewhere? :rolleyes:

And it also needs to be pointed out that the increased turnout helped the Republicans make gains in the House of Representatives election, which suggest Democrats were more concerned with getting Trump out than the Republicans per se. Indeed, the Republicans may even have held the Senate if Georgians hadn't been accused of being cheats before the runoff election. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

The 2nd line of my post - would he (Blupanther) ...........

The answer is no ...

2 hours ago, norbold said:

Trump says it's time to heal the nation......by refusing to attend Biden's inauguration.

It would be difficult to attend given that he'll need to flee beforehand to some overseas bolthole that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US.

Maybe North Korea - he's still mates with the Jong Un, isn't he? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

This is the thing. Trump and his followers are asking us to believe there were millions and millions of fraudulent votes.......

Was there fraud in this election? YES! There is ALWAYS fraudulent voting, and there are ALWAYS mistakes and irregularities. Everybody knows that and and admits that. As long as the fraudulent votes are discounted, and the mistakes are rectified, then it's not an issue.

The problem here is that many of the lawsuits were based on mistakes and irregularities that had already been rectified, or proven NOT to be fraudulent. I'm not going to say that all the lawsuits themselves were fraudulent, because they weren't; they were based on incorrect information, or misinterpretation of information.

They weren't - as some on here would suggest - simply fraudulently "rejected"; when the lawsuits aren't substantiated by any evidence of massive fraud, they aren't going to waste everybody's time and money by entertaining court cases.

The nonsense about Republican observers in Pennsylvania not being allowed to observe is still doing the rounds. That was a genuine error, affecting ONE individual, but was rectified quickly.

The accusation of "more votes than voters" in Detroit was soon laid to rest; it was a simple misinterpretation of numbers and procedures.

The 4000 plus voters who supposedly voted "illegally" as non-residents in Georgia was another claim that wasn't true - and subsequent investigation has proved that.

Or the allegedly "dead voters" who voted. That was proven to be a simple anomaly due to the way dates are entered in a database, and many of these dead voters have since been contacted - without any graves being disturbed.

One case of fraud that WAS proven was the guy who voted on behalf of his dead parents. No, that's NOT a mistake, that is true fraud, but nobody mentions that. Why? Because he voted for Trump!

Again, there WAS fraud, as there ALWAYS is, but the numbers are so insignificant that they wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference anyway. Having said that, any fraudulent votes discovered are discounted.

Finally, the thing to remember is that this isn't - and couldn't be - some mass orchestration of deceit to oust Trump. All states have their own methods, and own laws when it comes to voting, so just because there are differences between states when it comes to elections, it doesn't mean that either - or both - are wrong. Particularly when these methods and laws have applied to PREVIOUS elections, not just changed for 2020.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Aye right! If Trump had scraped over the line by any means you would have been swinging from the lampshades telling us all to suck it up. No doubt.

Now others have pointed out to you the simple reasons for Trump's increased vote, will you stop posting your bs links and falsehoods? I'd be surprised.

• Like 2

I hope that the UK sticks to its guns and if Trump attempts to visit Scotland he first has to take a covid test prior to entering the country and is told that he can not play golf as that activity has been suspended during the Lockdown...or better still  just tell hm to piss off back home as he's an undesirable foreign national!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

About time, took way too long. https://news.yahoo.com/man-foot-desk-pelosis-office-183547923.html

With himself posing on a picture there shouldn't be anyway he can plead not guilty so hopefully he'll be wearing an orange jumpsuit for many many years.

WASHINGTON — A man photographed casually sitting with his foot on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office at the U.S. Capitol while a pro-Trump mob rampaged the halls of Congress was arrested Friday, law enforcement officials said.

Richard Barnett, 60, of Gravette, Arkansas, was taken into custody in his home state on federal charges of entering and remaining on restricted grounds, violent entry and theft of public property, according to a Department of Justice official. Further details were not immediately available.

Edited by Ghostwalker

25 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I hope that the UK sticks to its guns and if Trump attempts to visit Scotland he first has to take a covid test prior to entering the country and is told that he can not play golf as that activity has been suspended during the Lockdown...or better still  just tell hm to piss off back home as he's an undesirable foreign national!

FYI Golf is still allowed in Scotland at the moment.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/scottish-golf-courses-to-remain-open-despite-new-lockdown