British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

3 hours ago, salty said:

Aye right! If Trump had scraped over the line by any means you would have been swinging from the lampshades telling us all to suck it up. No doubt.

Now others have pointed out to you the simple reasons for Trump's increased vote, will you stop posting your bs links and falsehoods? I'd be surprised.

Those are your words, not mine. Feel free to put me on ignore, no one is forcing you to do anything ...

Spider webs as computers | Robohub

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

And the Presidential Mansion allegedly subsequently became the White House after it was painted to hide the scorch marks.

Whilst it tends to be forgotten by Americans that the US actually started the war by trying to invade Canada, there are of course a few on here who probably think the UK could still force the US into signing an unequal trade agreement by sailing up the Potomac and occupying Washington... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where this ancient history is relevant....There has been a glorious red, white and blue Brexit delivered which has made the UK the most powerful Nation in the World.
The UK will get the greatest trade deal with the US now after Trump has been unfairly ousted despite him winning all the States that he lost. If he had won we would be in trouble as he was all about Making America Great Again and he would have made us bow down and beg for a deal...Now he has lost, we can just walk all over those lefty libs in the USA...It's Our time to win. /s

5 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Well, of course they would...The FBI are part of the deep state that was running scared of the all powerful Trump who wanted to drain their swamp....or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh dear...Donald's 'Twitter' account has been permanently suspended...how is he now going to spread his fake news?

32 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Oh dear...Donald's 'Twitter' account has been permanently suspended...how is he now going to spread his fake news?

He'll find a way. Not so sure that this drive to ban him from various social media platforms is the right thing. It just allows his more extreme supporters to confirm their prejudices. I think on balance free speech should be allowed, it's up to us as individuals whether we read it or believe it. Though I accept that there is evidence that his lies are easily swallowed by far too many.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Those are your words, not mine.

Remind us of your words from the aftermath then Blu about not bothering with politics any more .....B)

35 minutes ago, salty said:

He'll find a way. Not so sure that this drive to ban him from various social media platforms is the right thing. It just allows his more extreme supporters to confirm their prejudices. I think on balance free speech should be allowed, it's up to us as individuals whether we read it or believe it. Though I accept that there is evidence that his lies are easily swallowed by far too many.

I would generally agree but there are limits to what one can say and Trump has over stepped that mark. Problem is that there are far too many people out there who believe anything and revel in pedalling such non-evidential nonsense.

Posted (edited)

I think the worry was he might incite people coming up to the inauguration. Seems plans to storm it by right wing groups has been uncovered already. And a few words from Trump could really spark something. I would hope a lot of his followers thought it all went too far Wednesday. But a lot just paused for breath and will or would carry on, especially with a few encouraging words.Blu is just one example.....

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Spider webs as computers | Robohub

The webthat Trump followers are wrapped up in? The brainwashed sheep who hang on his every word, never questioning?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, salty said:

Free speech is one thing, irresponsible speech is quite another. 

Commercial social media outlets are under obligation to publicise or promote particular viewpoints, any more than newspapers have traditionally promoted the views of those politicians that don't fit with their political alignments. I'm sure Trump can still find some outlets to carry his ramblings, but if he can't then perhaps that says something about the veracity of them.

More generally, irresponsible speech, lies, misinformation and interference in elections has become corrosive to society. There needs to be outlets for those to raise genuine issues with the political establishments, but hate speech and unfounded conspiracy theories should certainly not be allowed to be promoted on mainstream platforms, and there also needs to be more prosecution of those defaming individuals and institutions without any foundation. It's a positive move that companies and state bars have started to pursue the likes of Sidney Powell.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

I think the worry was he might incite people coming up to the inauguration. 

It wouldn't actually be the first time a President hasn't attended the inauguration of their successor. Has happened several times before.

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

But this one hasn't...The book burning has started, hundreds of accounts have been 'suspended' on all platforms...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

It wouldn't actually be the first time a President hasn't attended the inauguration of their successor. Has happened several times before.

Indeed. Sure Jackson didn’t attend Grants inauguration around 150 year ago. Nobody is bothered about sulky boy not turning up. I posted about a week ago that it was thought he was heading to Scotland to hide away(Blu laughed at the time, but isn’t laughing now ). The worry is he will still try to stoke up trouble over the next couple of weeks and probably longer

Edited by iris123