British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

'the Donald' Trump

oh ! are you saying that headlines of articles are not necessarily real and what is in the actual article maybe different to the headline ? surely not . I can't believe anybody would be so dim as to be caught out by that sort of sensationalism thing , but then again !

If you are referring to the 'Driverless cars' thread, you've making a fool of yourself again. Try presenting a quote from the actual article.. not a different one, it might help.

In today's Metro they have published a still of a muslim male, taken from one of the videos retweeted by Trump, about to smash a statue of the Virgin Mary. The headline under it 'Anti-Muslim video tweeted by Trump' with no comment whatsoever on the content. Day in, day out, they're chipping away whilst denying access to the full story.

Sickening.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1

In today's Metro they have published a still of a muslim male, taken from one of the videos retweeted by Trump, about to smash a statue of the Virgin Mary. The headline under it 'Anti-Muslim video tweeted by Trump' with no comment whatsoever on the content. Day in, day out, they're chipping away whilst denying access to the full story.

Sickening.

The full story is that Donald Trump retweeted posts from Briain First, which is wholly inappropriate for the President of the United States.

Whether or not the content in the videos is true or fake is irrelevant. Whatever angle is taken by the press is irrelevant. The issue is that he is legitimising a Far Right organisation who have arguably been responsible for the murder of a British MP.

It is the wrong thing for him to do, and it's good to see Theresa May repeating that it was wrong just now.

The full story is that Donald Trump retweeted posts from Briain First, which is wholly inappropriate for the President of the United States.

Whether or not the content in the videos is true or fake is irrelevant. Whatever angle is taken by the press is irrelevant. The issue is that he is legitimising a Far Right organisation who have arguably been responsible for the murder of a British MP.

It is the wrong thing for him to do, and it's good to see Theresa May repeating that it was wrong just now.

I've got to say I'm surprised he bothered his backside to do it. The content of the video is very relevant. Britain First is irrelevant.

I've got to say I'm surprised he bothered his backside to do it. The content of the video is very relevant. Britain First is irrelevant.

Britain First becomes relevant, because it was their videos he retweeted. That's the problem.

It was certainly a very strange thing for him to do.

Britain First becomes relevant, because it was their videos he retweeted. That's the problem.

It was certainly a very strange thing for him to do.

Interestingly it's available from sources other than Britain First.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iLqTxyuNbs

Agree... to an extent.

The even fuller story is that because of the left and much of the media's constant denials it is being left to sites such as Britain First to bring such videos/information to the public attention. Now whether they purposely lie, or simply can't be bothered to check the authenticity of the videos they publish as long as it fits their narrative is open to debate. I suspect it's a bit of both but more likely more they don't bother to check. As such what you end up with is a mixture of genuine videos/information that people should be aware off, mixed in with the other garbage. As such it all gets discredited by the one side, and the other side as it is one of their only sources visit it, share it, publicise it even more, turning a nasty organisation that was and should still be a fringe faction ignored by most into something that is gaining more attention.

In a nutshell if the mainstream media actually did their jobs correctly, what Britain First were sharing would be irrelevant and pretty much never seen.

When you ignore people's genuine fears and concerns, you get organisations like Britain First trying to take advantage/filling the vacuum.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

The 'Statue smasher' has been identified as Sheik Omar Raghba, a member of the Free Syrian Army, funded and supported by the US & UK. Go figure.

The 'Statue smasher' has been identified as Sheik Omar Raghba, a member of the Free Syrian Army, funded and supported by the US & UK. Go figure.

Bloody typical!!!

so your'e accusing Britain First of murdering Joe Cox ,wonder what their legal team might have to say about that . as far as I'm aware Britain first (correct me if I state anything that is not a fact rather than conjecture ) are a fully legal and registered political party , and as such there is nothing illegal ,immoral ,or indecent about anybody

Well I think there have been a lot of fully legal and registered political parties that have been responsible for deaths ........

But as far as I know you are wrong on this count.From the Guardian

Britain First describes itself as “a patriotic political party and street movement” and “a patriotic resistance and ‘frontline’ for our long suffering people”. It was deregistered by Britain’s elections watchdog, the Electoral Commission, early this month after it failed to confirm that its registered details were correct and pay a routine fee of £25. It means it cannot now place candidates on ballot papers under the name Britain First

so your'e accusing Britain First of murdering Joe Cox ,wonder what their legal team might have to say about that . as far as I'm aware Britain first (correct me if I state anything that is not a fact rather than conjecture ) are a fully legal and registered political party , and as such there is nothing illegal ,immoral ,or indecent about anybody ,MR Trump included retweeting posts from them , there is nothing illegal about the posts themselves otherwise, and i am absolutely certain on this our fascist govt would have gladly taken the opportunity and had their leaders arrested to silence the increasingly popular party , I'm pretty sure the leader of the free world doesn't particularly care about any condemnation coming form May or in fact any other struggling British politician , might be better if that stupid woman had kept her mouth shut , considering we will soon be going cap in hand to Trump looking for trade deals to fill any gaps left by leaving the E.U. .

Ah, the hilarity of legal action threats on a speedway forum. Haven't seen those for a while.

With regards to pointing out what is incorrect, see Iris's post above.

I said they were arguably responsible. I never said anything was illegal. Learn to read.

By that I mean they put the stuff out that they do and morons follow it and believe it and get themselves all worked up. The guy who killed Jo Cox said the words "Britain First" as he did so. It's online radicalisation - the same as the morons who drive vans into people on bridges do after reading their own equally moronic brand of Islamic extremist website. No better.

I would think that the only people daft enough to think that what Trump did wasn't stupid are probably people who are, themselves, stupid enough to do the same thing.

Ah, the hilarity of legal action threats on a speedway forum. Haven't seen those for a while.

With regards to pointing out what is incorrect, see Iris's post above.

I said they were arguably responsible. I never said anything was illegal. Learn to read.

By that I mean they put the stuff out that they do and morons follow it and believe it and get themselves all worked up. The guy who killed Jo Cox said the words "Britain First" as he did so. It's online radicalisation - the same as the morons who drive vans into people on bridges do after reading their own equally moronic brand of Islamic extremist website. No better.

I would think that the only people daft enough to think that what Trump did wasn't stupid are probably people who are, themselves, stupid enough to do the same thing.

Correct.

However, there are many more (worldwide) who follow the stuff put out by the mainstream media who follow it, believe it and get themselves worked up as well.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2